3s ARENA TOURNAMENT RULES! I WANT TO HEAR YOUR OPINION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the last tourney issued a ban on agm for balance purposes. Amateur shit, don't let it happen again. If someone doesn't have one by this point, that's their own fault, and they shouldn't be rewarded for their own lack of dedication.

I actually agree with earl -.-
it would make things interesting to allow agm's in the tourney.

AGM on use should be banned.

Either ban all offhealing specs or don't ban any at all.

Feral stays banned.

Triple dps allowed.

1 class per team.

1 healer-Dpriest/Hpriest/Rshammy/Rdruid/Hpal

1 that can offheal-Prot/Ret/Balance/Guardian/Enh
or
1 that can only heal themselves- Spriests/Ele (Bubble counts as a heal imo)

1 that can't heal at all- Hunts, Locks, Mages, Warriors, Rogues, Feral

-No more then 2 healer specced toons should be allowed
-No 2 classes should be the same
-Agm SHOULD be able to be used.. Like earl said it is something you earned. You shouldn't not be allowed to use it. You shouldn't reroll for a tourny that's 2 weeks away anyways especially when CRZ is an option.

Imo. Nothing is banned and every class is allowed to be played so the option for different comps is there. If we ban ferals and prots and offheals then everyone will just become the same comp facing each other. Make restrictions on classes not bans

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the last tourney issued a ban on agm for balance purposes. Amateur shit, don't let it happen again. If someone doesn't have one by this point, that's their own fault, and they shouldn't be rewarded for their own lack of dedication.

Ouch! That hurt me :( it felt like a targeted hate missile, just in my post. Although I think You don't mean that, I agree that having an AGM is an advantage, but it's your build - technically every item increases or reduces the power of the person using it... I think I lost my point on the way.
Anyways, I agree with Earl.
Yours,
Crystalpall

Should make a rule that makes classdiversity more a go, like: 1 mail, 1 cloth, 1 leather.

I agree with you but I want this tournament to fall down on skill more then anything not gear. By banning AGM were opening up the tournament to other brackets, giving them a chance to join by rerolling.

1 healer-Dpriest/Hpriest/Rshammy/Rdruid/Hpal

1 that can offheal-Prot/Ret/Balance/Guardian/Enh
or
1 that can only heal themselves- Spriests/Ele (Bubble counts as a heal imo)

1 that can't heal at all- Hunts, Locks, Mages, Warriors, Rogues, Feral

-No more then 2 healer specced toons should be allowed
-No 2 classes should be the same
-Agm SHOULD be able to be used.. Like earl said it is something you earned. You shouldn't not be allowed to use it. You shouldn't reroll for a tourny that's 2 weeks away anyways especially when CRZ is an option.

Imo. Nothing is banned and every class is allowed to be played so the option for different comps is there. If we ban ferals and prots and offheals then everyone will just become the same comp facing each other. Make restrictions on classes not bans

The tournament will most likely be 1 week after we have 16 teams. When you say make restrictions on classes not bans what do you have in mind? Taking the ability to have them off heal? Creating some sort of gear set that acts as a nerf? We have the ability to do those types of nerfs because every game will be a 5v5 with 2 people dead on each side and 1 person on each side streaming.

Agm isn't hard to get. And if you're directing this towards people coming in from other brackets, then it's pretty clear they would have P2P access, making agm a piece of cake. But hey, why not just ban LFH, BoA's, rare BoE's and everything else that people worked for.

Agm isn't hard to get. And if you're directing this towards people coming in from other brackets, then it's pretty clear they would have P2P access, making agm a piece of cake. But hey, why not just ban LFH, BoA's, rare BoE's and everything else that people worked for.

You have a good point. I will most likely be unbanning AGM.

because it doesn't actually take any "work" to get AGM?

having an arena tournament in a controlled environment isn't about who puts more "work" into anything. it's about people who want to participate in real PvP participating in real PvP without all the bullshit

why do you think there are restrictions to begin with? if an arena tournament was about the "work" that people have put into their completely imaginary cartoon characters, we wouldn't have any restrictions at all, and the cheesiest possible stuff would win

if there was a trinket at max level that shielded players for over 50% of their HP, do you think that blizzard would allow it in max-level arenas? try to think more than 1 step ahead about things, it makes life a lot easier

please do not unban AGM use. I may only be one person, but I will not be participating if it is allowed
edit: earl may make a good point equating a ban on AGM use to a ban on looms or LFH, but in the case of AGM specifically it's simply too OP to be allowable imo. regardless of my personal opinion, it's also a 15 min CD, longer than what's generally allowed in arenas

Last edited by a moderator:
Let certain rules be null under certain conditions. Let ferals and prot palas play, but only if their team doesn't have a heal specced healer.

I don't see ferals coming back. I like the idea of only letting Prot paldins play with only off healers like Elemental Shamans, Balance Druid/Guardian Druids, or even Shadow Priests.

This will be a long post but I have a lot to say.

First, the most obvious - ban AGM. This SHOULD stay here as is. There's a reason Earl and a lot of other Alliance have AGM's. It's because (NOT BECAUSE YOU WORKED HARD) they are Alliance. Back in the day AP was a huge, and still is, Alliance server. Nearly every Alliance twink that tried for AGM has one. Nearly every Horde one does not. You want to talk about effort? Horde characters take a hell of a lot more effort in most cases. You have to get a fishing hat. You have to get AGM against 85s that were mostly Alliance. CRZ changed some of that in that there are now more 90s, but all that changed is now no one gets an AGM. There's a reason some of the most dedicated twinkers in the game don't have AGM Horde side. We're talking about people who farmed 3/3 bracers dedicated. I'm not expecting that to full convince you, so lets talk about why AGM is going to be huge for actual gameplay. AGM is groundbreaking. It means that you get a bubble UNLESS the other team has a shaman. That's essentially going to force every team that doesn't have an AGM to go w/ a shaman to counter that. That's terrible for gameplay because most teams are going to become Prot/Hunter/RSham instead of just Prot/Hunter/X.

Let's move on to banning certain comps. We have to ban resto druids and protection paladins. These two classes are lumped together because they are too overpowered. Resto Druids that are good will not die. I can all but guarantee that the resto druid I play will not die. I will have 2200 health, maybe 2300 with a warlock. That makes me essentially unstoppable. If you play this bracket you understand how strong resto druids heals are. They tick for over 250 PER TICK. That's insane. You can't outdamage that even with a purge happy shaman. People always assume that shamans can just purge 24/7 but you have to understand that a team that puts out pressure is going to make it very hard for a shaman to have globals to purge. Prot Paladins are OP on the other end of the spectrum. A 600-700 crit which happens regularly for Stephen is ridiculous enough as is. It's even more OP when you consider the silence that goes with it. Prot/Hunter is not OP, Prot/X is. The only reason Prot/Hunter is the favored comp has nothing to do with how strong hunter is, but rather the CC available to it. Hunters have so much CC that Prot paladins can just OP themselves to victory. Moreover, prot paladin has THE LOWEST skill cap in this bracket. Look at Swagcleavic's vids. His UI should tell you all you need to do to be an amazing prot paladin.

If you ban these two classes you get rid of most of the complaints in the game. You banned prot paladin so there goes the prot paladin/rogue rule. The only other rule that you would then have to implement is the feral/rogue ban. Feral /Rogue should not be a viable comp. They both can global players (literally) by a 5 point FB or Eviscerate + a melee swing). Putting the two together just means: Train person X until one of us one shots him. We've seen this happen time and time again w/ that comp. Hell the favored team by most people lost to an average team simply because the rogue one shot the healer every once in a while.

I think all offhealing should be fine minus spriests. Without prot paladins you would have, ret paladins, shadow priests, enh and ele shamans and feral druids. Ferals heals are purgeable, and also are not spammable. Moreover you can kill through a feral rejuv. Ret paladins are not that strong and don't have an OP blanket silence so they are a) probably not going to be played and b) are fine offhealing. Shadow Priests have very strong offheals but also very little pressure compared to the other DPS. Ele and Enh bring not a lot to the table and their heals will run them OOM (or at the cost of any pressure at all). Spriests are basically disc priests with mind blast instead of penance so they are just double healers basically which is dumb w/ classes like rogues and ferals able to one shot. Fuck that shit.

So basically my rules would be
1) No AGM (speaking of which - please don't take the opinions of people who are not actually in the tournament. Most of the players playing don't even have AGMs)
2) No Prot Paladin
3) Offhealing fine minus Spriest. If you really wanted to, just allow all of these classes and say they can't heal or they forfeit. I'd be fine w/ the latter rule and it would be pretty simple.

I can't stress this enough. If you want a legit good tournament to watch that gets your tourney, guild and you attention ban prot paladins. Otherwise these games are going to suck (and this is coming from one of the few arena players that plays constantly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread