3s ARENA TOURNAMENT RULES! I WANT TO HEAR YOUR OPINION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering banning GFed gear though, but yet again.. its just a thought.

Considering there's maybe only a handful of ppl with grandfathered gear...i'm guessing that is directed towards me.

I'd only be using 1 item and that's the Aquarius belt. No int, no stam. Only has +hit and +crit with a 300 health heal on a 5min CD. Honestly I'm only using it for the hit rating, the heal is pretty weak. But if you wanna ban that then I'm sure I could adapt :p

I'm curious as to why it's frowned upon other than it's no longer available to other players. It's not necessarily even overpowered. I'd be trading 6crit vs 8 int 1hit if I wanted to replace the belt. Only reason why I'm not using something else is because I'm too lazy to buy drakewing bands lol.

This will be a long post but I have a lot to say.

First, the most obvious - ban AGM. This SHOULD stay here as is. There's a reason Earl and a lot of other Alliance have AGM's. It's because (NOT BECAUSE YOU WORKED HARD) they are Alliance. Back in the day AP was a huge, and still is, Alliance server. Nearly every Alliance twink that tried for AGM has one. Nearly every Horde one does not. You want to talk about effort? Horde characters take a hell of a lot more effort in most cases. You have to get a fishing hat. You have to get AGM against 85s that were mostly Alliance. CRZ changed some of that in that there are now more 90s, but all that changed is now no one gets an AGM. There's a reason some of the most dedicated twinkers in the game don't have AGM Horde side. We're talking about people who farmed 3/3 bracers dedicated. I'm not expecting that to full convince you, so lets talk about why AGM is going to be huge for actual gameplay. AGM is groundbreaking. It means that you get a bubble UNLESS the other team has a shaman. That's essentially going to force every team that doesn't have an AGM to go w/ a shaman to counter that. That's terrible for gameplay because most teams are going to become Prot/Hunter/RSham instead of just Prot/Hunter/X.

Let's move on to banning certain comps. We have to ban resto druids and protection paladins. These two classes are lumped together because they are too overpowered. Resto Druids that are good will not die. I can all but guarantee that the resto druid I play will not die. I will have 2200 health, maybe 2300 with a warlock. That makes me essentially unstoppable. If you play this bracket you understand how strong resto druids heals are. They tick for over 250 PER TICK. That's insane. You can't outdamage that even with a purge happy shaman. People always assume that shamans can just purge 24/7 but you have to understand that a team that puts out pressure is going to make it very hard for a shaman to have globals to purge. Prot Paladins are OP on the other end of the spectrum. A 600-700 crit which happens regularly for Stephen is ridiculous enough as is. It's even more OP when you consider the silence that goes with it. Prot/Hunter is not OP, Prot/X is. The only reason Prot/Hunter is the favored comp has nothing to do with how strong hunter is, but rather the CC available to it. Hunters have so much CC that Prot paladins can just OP themselves to victory. Moreover, prot paladin has THE LOWEST skill cap in this bracket. Look at Swagcleavic's vids. His UI should tell you all you need to do to be an amazing prot paladin.

If you ban these two classes you get rid of most of the complaints in the game. You banned prot paladin so there goes the prot paladin/rogue rule. The only other rule that you would then have to implement is the feral/rogue ban. Feral /Rogue should not be a viable comp. They both can global players (literally) by a 5 point FB or Eviscerate + a melee swing). Putting the two together just means: Train person X until one of us one shots him. We've seen this happen time and time again w/ that comp. Hell the favored team by most people lost to an average team simply because the rogue one shot the healer every once in a while.

I think all offhealing should be fine minus spriests. Without prot paladins you would have, ret paladins, shadow priests, enh and ele shamans and feral druids. Ferals heals are purgeable, and also are not spammable. Moreover you can kill through a feral rejuv. Ret paladins are not that strong and don't have an OP blanket silence so they are a) probably not going to be played and b) are fine offhealing. Shadow Priests have very strong offheals but also very little pressure compared to the other DPS. Ele and Enh bring not a lot to the table and their heals will run them OOM (or at the cost of any pressure at all). Spriests are basically disc priests with mind blast instead of penance so they are just double healers basically which is dumb w/ classes like rogues and ferals able to one shot. Fuck that shit.

So basically my rules would be
1) No AGM (speaking of which - please don't take the opinions of people who are not actually in the tournament. Most of the players playing don't even have AGMs)
2) No Prot Paladin
3) Offhealing fine minus Spriest. If you really wanted to, just allow all of these classes and say they can't heal or they forfeit. I'd be fine w/ the latter rule and it would be pretty simple.

I can't stress this enough. If you want a legit good tournament to watch that gets your tourney, guild and you attention ban prot paladins. Otherwise these games are going to suck (and this is coming from one of the few arena players that plays constantly).

I can't stress enough how much bullshit this post has, grow up, get some balls, and take the challenge!

I can't stress enough how much bullshit this post has, grow up, get some balls, and take the challenge!

This is a very constructive post. Thank you for your help in this thread.

On topic: I think GF'd gear is fine. It's not that OP. Don't allow glitches though (BoA Helm etc).

Boomkin can do stupid damage, and can be hard to cc, maybe limit the Boomkins' comp Also think Ele/Prot should be banned since that's A heal and 2 off-heals. Agm should be a go, but not the on use.

Don't you take it a step further and disallow third party addons, any changes in sound & video settings, mandate default Blizzard UI and have all participants supervised by a referee.

Agm isn't hard to get. And if you're directing this towards people coming in from other brackets, then it's pretty clear they would have P2P access, making agm a piece of cake. But hey, why not just ban LFH, BoA's, rare BoE's and everything else that people worked for.

Yes! Everyone can get AGM so I dont see a reason banning it....

The AGM debate isn't what's keeping me from wanting to join the tournament, it's my interest in WoW being nonexistent. I stick around on the forums for nostalgia's sake and to get my dose of trolling without having to log onto reddit. I really don't think the AGM active is too OP, but I'm not the one who draws the line in the sand. I've offered my opinions, and y'all have too. It's for BB to decide, so this is where I withdraw myself from the topic of AGM.

I don't know that I necessarily agree. No penance is huge. I don't really have a problem with that comp - healing too extensively would oom the off-healers and would necessitate they hit a strong combo in order to get a kill.

Also Earl, all due respect - AGM is a game changer. If you can use a shield on yourself similar to a PWS when your healer is CC'd, that's pretty fucking game changing.

If 1600 dmg absorb is a game changer for you, then I have no comment on your playstyle... (being moust nice as I can be)

This is a very constructive post. Thank you for your help in this thread.

On topic: I think GF'd gear is fine. It's not that OP. Don't allow glitches though (BoA Helm etc).

Love your sarcasam :)

The reply was constructed in the same manner as it was the post that was being replyed too. (I think my grammar is wrong here but hey.... :) )

Love your sarcasam :)

The reply was constructed in the same manner as it was the post that was being replyed too. (I think my grammar is wrong here but hey.... :) )

Right. I wrote paragraphs explaining my thought process and you wrote a one sentence answer that consisted of "I have AGM so it's okay."

Boomkin can do stupid damage, and can be hard to cc, maybe limit the Boomkins' comp Also think Ele/Prot should be banned since that's A heal and 2 off-heals. Agm should be a go, but not the on use.

I thought u weren't playing qt? ...

Anyone saying Ele shams and spriests (not directed at Fael's comment) make as good healers as the two classes' actual healing spec is out of their freaking mind. Spriests lack the reduced CD on shield making it impossible for them to manage split dps vs. any decent comp and they oom a lot quicker than discs
furthermore ele shams heals just don't cut it, using an ele sham as a healer instead of a Rsham will lead to u always falling behind due to weak heals and lack of an instant heal/shield.

IMO don't tamper all that much with classes... I get why banning ferals is reasonable since they can literally global people with 1.2 k crits which is hardly competitive and therefore i support the rule, however, banning offheals or implementing rules limiting them to only heal themselves is silly talk, if u think it's impossible to beat comps with offheals then play one. Adapt. It's not hard to reroll if that's necessary and most of us already have several twinks making it possible to pull out our dream comp.

I do, however, support the ban on AGM and GF'd items, the winning team shouldn't win because of 'dedication' or by being a 'veteran' but by selecting their comp wisely and outplaying their opponents. Banning AGM will also make it possible for people to reroll in order to play their desired comp without being at a huge advantage.

If 1600 dmg absorb is a game changer for you, then I have no comment on your playstyle... (being moust nice as I can be)

I'm sorry, do you play this bracket?

Here's a scenario for you: you're a rogue low on health and your healer is polymorphed with trinket on cooldown. The enemy on you is fully DR'd against whatever your teammate's CC is. You can pop your AGM and survive long enough for your healer to get out of poly and heal you back to full. It's a way to cheat death that does not even remotely incorporate team cooperation or personal skill.

1000 damage is a lot, considering most have under 2000 hp. I'm not sure if you're just here to troll us or if you don't actually understand how to use an AGM? I have one, and I am highly against its use in this situation.

Considering there's maybe only a handful of ppl with grandfathered gear...i'm guessing that is directed towards me.

I'd only be using 1 item and that's the Aquarius belt. No int, no stam. Only has +hit and +crit with a 300 health heal on a 5min CD. Honestly I'm only using it for the hit rating, the heal is pretty weak. But if you wanna ban that then I'm sure I could adaptive :p

I'm curious as to why it's frowned upon other than it's no longer available to other players. It's not necessarily even overpowered. I'd be trading 6crit vs 8 int 1hit if I wanted to replace the belt. Only reason why I'm not using something else is because I'm too lazy to buy drakewing bands lol.

The rules are different for you. You're a p2p. Not to mention Aquarius belt is the most OP gfed item you have.

I thought u weren't playing qt? ...

Anyone saying Ele shams and spriests (not directed at Fael's comment) make as good healers as the two classes' actual healing spec is out of their freaking mind. Spriests lack the reduced CD on shield making it impossible for them to manage split dps vs. any decent comp and they oom a lot quicker than discs
furthermore ele shams heals just don't cut it, using an ele sham as a healer instead of a Rsham will lead to u always falling behind due to weak heals and lack of an instant heal/shield.

IMO don't tamper all that much with classes... I get why banning ferals is reasonable since they can literally global people with 1.2 k crits which is hardly competitive and therefore i support the rule, however, banning offheals or implementing rules limiting them to only heal themselves is silly talk, if u think it's impossible to beat comps with offheals then play one. Adapt. It's not hard to reroll if that's necessary and most of us already have several twinks making it possible to pull out our dream comp.

I do, however, support the ban on AGM and GF'd items, the winning team shouldn't win because of 'dedication' or by being a 'veteran' but by selecting their comp wisely and outplaying their opponents. Banning AGM will also make it possible for people to reroll in order to play their desired comp without being at a huge advantage.

I'm sorry but I meant Healer/Ele/Prot in a comp :3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread