3.3 Level 1 Twink server live!

Stabbedurazz said:
seeing its tomorrow morning :p r the servers going to be up soon

This.

Woke up looking forward to it since I have nothing to do today.

Skip them if thats the last thing and let us play imo then remove the trainers so no one griefs

Stabatha said:
Spells are fixed by the core, not editing client side DBC. That's why you have files like spells.cpp, spellfixes.cpp spellauras.cpp etc

So if you edit spells in the core you don't need a patch and it is fine. Why not just edit the spells of the Libram chants in the core to change the required level? It sounds doable, just look in the core for the part of the code where Required Level 50 comes up and change the 50 to 1.

~Zuty

Zuty said:
So if you edit spells in the core you don't need a patch and it is fine. Why not just edit the spells of the Libram chants in the core to change the required level? It sounds doable, just look in the core for the part of the code where Required Level 50 comes up and change the 50 to 1.

~Zuty

no, as I already said. The enchant requirement is now handled as a client side packet. Anything server side can be modded in the core or database. Anything client side requires a custom patch to the players WoW client.

Stabatha said:
no, as I already said. The enchant requirement is now handled as a client side packet. Anything server side can be modded in the core or database. Anything client side requires a custom patch to the players WoW client.

So what can you do in the core without needing a custom patch as far as spells go? Can you change how much damage/healing a spell does? It's mana/rage/rune/energy cost? How much stats you gain/loss from a buff/debuff? Make a new spell? Edit an old one to do what you want?

There has to be some way this can be fixed without requiring a patch ...

~Zuty

Zuty said:
So what can you do in the core without needing a custom patch as far as spells go? Can you change how much damage/healing a spell does? It's mana/rage/rune/energy cost? How much stats you gain/loss from a buff/debuff? Make a new spell? Edit an old one to do what you want?

There has to be some way this can be fixed without requiring a patch ...

~Zuty

I haven't done much editing in spells.cpp, but I believe you can manage how a spell behaves, but the actual numbers can't be modified.

iaccidentallytwink said:
I haven't done much editing in spells.cpp, but I believe you can manage how a spell behaves, but the actual numbers can't be modified.

Correct, damage, tool tip and even how it behaves if it is fixed correctly is all handled in the DBCs. In the core you can fix (or break) proc rate, effects etc. Like example, Titans Grip. Just having the talent point doesn't make it work. You still need to write out a checker and effects in the core to be able to equip a second 2h.

Stabatha said:
Correct, damage, tool tip and even how it behaves if it is fixed correctly is all handled in the DBCs. In the core you can fix (or break) proc rate, effects etc. Like example, Titans Grip. Just having the talent point doesn't make it work. You still need to write out a checker and effects in the core to be able to equip a second 2h.

So half of the spell is in the core while the other half (numbers) is in the DBC which is all client side. That is lame.

I don't mind having to download a patch, I won't tell anyone :3

~Zuty

Users who are viewing this thread