3.3 Level 1 Twink server live!

Toughness

Lifeblood

Master of Anatomy

Ring any bells Stab? -.-

Yeah don't include enchants other than the normal chants twinks can get on live at level 1.

If we get them Netherscale kits fights will take too long from dodge and healers will have 9 years to cast one heal.

McBankington said:
Toughness

Lifeblood

Master of Anatomy

Ring any bells Stab? -.-

Yeah don't include enchants other than the normal chants twinks can get on live at level 1.

If we get them Netherscale kits fights will take too long from dodge and healers will have 9 years to cast one heal.

mmmmmmmm tasty link but level 1 can only get rank 2, ty any way though :p

Boglund said:
I dont really see why we would have to work for these things, it's not like it's a big deal. But I don't want to grind, it's easy to get on retail.

This is how I see it:

1. Spawn nodes for Herb and Mining and creature for skinning in a large open area so the players can gather them while doing other things (obviously the skill rate will be increased)

2. Simply make an NPC that trains you in Rank 3 of LB, MoA, and Toughness. Easier then the above, but people will argue that this is to "OP", well people will get them anyway by standing in front of 100 Copper Veins spawned on top of each other, this just saves time and you can make it so you only can get 2 out of the 3 (Although, I see no issue in giving all 3 to people)

McBankington said:

These are must haves on a Twink server.

^This

You really only need Herb, Mining, and Skinning. All other professions can have their requirements removed, (IE. Eng Goggles, that is if you could get them at level 1) potions can be bought, and Enchants can be put on scrolls.

Librams are as far as I would go and I can argue the Naxx/ZG Shoulder chants too, but I'd much rather see Librams and Scrolls on a vendor. Free of course. If you do think of adding Naxx/ZG chants I'd make them obtained through tokens or PvE, but including them is all up to you.

~Zuty

Bad news on Librams, I can't get the client to ignore it requires level 50 to gain the stat like I was able to do in 3.2 I have gotten [item]Knothide Armor Kit[/item] to over ride it though.

Stabatha said:
Bad news on Librams, I can't get the client to ignore it requires level 50 to gain the stat like I was able to do in 3.2 I have gotten [item]Knothide Armor Kit[/item] to over ride it though.

I am not as savvy as I may seem to be (it's the glasses that throw people off) I am more the "Can't you just do this?" kind of guy.

Can't you just go into the spell DB/core majiggy and edit the required level for the enchant or at least find where the Level 50 require is in the spell code and change it to Level 1 required?

~Zuty

Zuty said:
Can't you just go into the spell DB/core majiggy and edit the required level for the enchant or at least find where the Level 50 require is in the spell code and change it to Level 1 required?

~Zuty

Nope, or I would have already. Enchants are now 100% client side now in 3.3 so an alter of the DBC on the server side would have no effect. Only way to do this now would be doing a DBC patch, which is illegal as you are now altering their software and to this date Blizz has gone after every server doing patching to mod spells, talent trees, races etc and they gone after the host too, to assure the server was closed. That is the reason we don't do patches, otherwise we would.

Stabbedurazz said:
stab r u putting the level 1 twink server up any time soon?

Yeap, just working on some 3.3 bugs still, if all goes well. It will be live tomorrow morning USA time.

Stabatha said:
Nope, or I would have already. Enchants are now 100% client side now in 3.3 so an alter of the DBC on the server side would have no effect. Only way to do this now would be doing a DBC patch, which is illegal as you are now altering their software and to this date Blizz has gone after every server doing patching to mod spells, talent trees, races etc and they gone after the host too, to assure the server was closed. That is the reason we don't do patches, otherwise we would.

Well that sucks.

~Zuty

WAIT A SEC! How come you are allowed (well not really since private servers are still a no no) to fix spell bugs, but you can't just change the enchant and call it a bug? or even make it so it works at level 1, but still says Requires Level 50, I've seen that done a few times on servers.

~Zuty

Zuty said:
WAIT A SEC! How come you are allowed (well not really since private servers are still a no no) to fix spell bugs, but you can't just change the enchant and call it a bug? or even make it so it works at level 1, but still says Requires Level 50, I've seen that done a few times on servers.

~Zuty

It can be done in 3.2 But it changed in 3.3 from a server side handler to a client side packet. The only way to do it now is with a custom patch which is illegal as you are now altering copy written software by injecting it with a custom patch and not just modding your emulator.

Stabatha said:
It can be done in 3.2 But it changed in 3.3 from a server side handler to a client side packet. The only way to do it now is with a custom patch which is illegal as you are now altering copy written software by injecting it with a custom patch and not just modding your emulator.

So if a spell is all fucked up you can't do anything about it then?

Stabbedurazz said:
i see... but YAY i hope everything goes well... AND DONT make it like the 49 server were u got to work for enchants... thats just dumb

^THIS

Zuty said:
So if a spell is all fucked up you can't do anything about it then?

Spells are fixed by the core, not editing client side DBC. That's why you have files like spells.cpp, spellfixes.cpp spellauras.cpp etc

Users who are viewing this thread