20s "Audit" Thread

damn, its like looking in a mirror lol I like the choice to go more haste. probably makes the gear a bit more viable with other specs as well (I know nothing of holy but I'm sure haste helps with dots for shadow)
These things are going to be nitpicky but here it goes:
Shoulder enchant (personal pref)
aurora cloak (because resil)
maybe a Nightmare tear?
but I mean shit, overall I like it. Even farmed out the socketed vessel very :POGGERS: my guy

Thanks, I should really get that shoulder enchant. I use engi/alchemy so I can't use it but it definetely looks cool on the armory.
The cloak I got this one really cheap and the difference is just 2 vers vs 2 crit which is negligible imo. I'm more concerned about the ring :D
Tear actually gives +2 stats outside of BG, haven't tested inside so it's basically a +2 int / +2 stam gem. Unless it scales to +3 in BGs. Someone has to confirm that.

Thanks, I should really get that shoulder enchant. I use engi/alchemy so I can't use it but it definetely looks cool on the armory.
The cloak I got this one really cheap and the difference is just 2 vers vs 2 crit which is negligible imo. I'm more concerned about the ring :D
Tear actually gives +2 stats outside of BG, haven't tested inside so it's basically a +2 int / +2 stam gem. Unless it scales to +3 in BGs. Someone has to confirm that.
Nop tear is still 2/2 in bgs, its pretty useless these days. But ye cloak, oh, mh, rings stick out as needing improvement but its not like youre missing out on much.

Any idea what the Haste break points are ? I'm currently playing with some different Priest builds.

Current one is 25% Haste 40% Mastery 16% Versa 171 Int. - I have the gear to drop the Mastery down, and get to around 33% Haste with out losing Int / Stam

I don't like mastery on either spec and wouldn't put any points there.

There are no haste breakpoints anymore. Any haste you have reduces the time between ticks while the total duration stays the same. Last time I tested that on a rogue, haste increased the amounts of ticks.

Example: your spell deals 100 damage and has 20s total duration and ticks every 2s for 10 dmg by default. If you have 20% haste it will tick every 1.6s for 10 dmg. That makes 12 full ticks after 19.2s and the remaining 0.8s will tick at the end of the duration for 5 dmg. If my calculations are right 20% haste gives 25% dmg increase.

I might be wrong on the math though, better calculate it yourself to be sure.

Also keep in mind that haste reduces cast time of heals, pennance, and lowers the GCD down to 1s at most which allows you to apply more shields and use Dark Archangel faster.

I don't like mastery on either spec and wouldn't put any points there.

There are no haste breakpoints anymore. Any haste you have reduces the time between ticks while the total duration stays the same. Last time I tested that on a rogue, haste increased the amounts of ticks.

Example: your spell deals 100 damage and has 20s total duration and ticks every 2s for 10 dmg by default. If you have 20% haste it will tick every 1.6s for 10 dmg. That makes 12 full ticks after 19.2s and the remaining 0.8s will tick at the end of the duration for 5 dmg. If my calculations are right 20% haste gives 25% dmg increase.

I might be wrong on the math though, better calculate it yourself to be sure.

Also keep in mind that haste reduces cast time of heals, pennance, and lowers the GCD down to 1s at most which allows you to apply more shields and use Dark Archangel faster.
Well the breakpoint would be every time you get an extra tick.

Alright, lets hear it. Audit away, fools!

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/kelthuzad/chøps

This is my vet, built specifically for wargames, so terts/tinkers are a non factor. My general playstyle is mongo frontliner so beefy is better. Though I noticed that after the artifact nerf, my dmg was a little too small, so I replaced 3 talasites with 3 str gems and it felt a bit better. Still have a chest with 3 talasites in it though, for extra beef.

I'd love some thoughts on finding some more Mastery without sacrificing too much more crit or vers. I have a small but well statted pool of ilvl 28s and trinkets to work with.

(also, yes yes pvp trinket, just assume I'd replace the dragonling trinket and run either pit master or elekks tusk)

Actually 20% haste might make it tick every 1.8s. I'm getting a headache from this much mathz:NotLikeThis:
[doublepost=1633099382,1633099338][/doublepost]
Well the breakpoint would be every time you get an extra tick.

No, that doesn't really make sense.

like the frost set except I would probably just go +3 str instead of 2str/2stam
Theres no point using 2 str 2 stam really, talasites and 3 str are gonna give the same stats but you get armor too.
People seem to forget this yeah.
Yeah for every third gem you go a talasite. And you basically get free armor.
The 2str/2stam gems are a hold over from when I was stam stacking, double sader with ilvl49s went brr, with limited talasites since I was still new on the server. I should replace them but wanted to feel out the new health amount a bit first before doing so.

I guess I don't know enough about unholy to give a good opinion here but wouldn't you prefer aurora? I'm not sure how gud mastery is on UH but I usually prefer higher verse builds because pvp.
Agree that it feels weird making a melee set without any vers. When I checked Juan and Krack's unholy DKs at the start of SL they were going for this kinda of build so I tried to mirror their builds a bit but slapped in extra talasites. Unholy mastery looks good on paper since it scales pretty well and increases their main forms of damage but I admittedly haven't tried this build out yet.

As far as weapons, why not Crow Wing Reaper
I would assume Crow Wing Reaper is better because of the sockets?
Crow Wing is one of the three I'm considering and was the plan until someone on the discord said Sul'thraze is really good for UH. Thought maybe its shadow damage proc scaled with our mastery but that didn't seem to be the case unfortunately.

The other weapon I'm considering is https://www.wowhead.com/item=13505/runeblade-of-baron-rivendare?bonus=6712&ilvl=26 because of Hash's posts here. Crow wing will probably end up as one of the sadered up 2H weapons as a safe fall back but its boring and I want to test out some of the neater options first

What do you plan on doing with the DK? just random bgs?
Realistically yeah with some periodic skirm queues. I did like playing in the <TF> inhouse wsg games in bfa so I would like to have a wargame set available for those or their arena tournies now that I'll be home on the weekends again for the most part

I'd love some thoughts on finding some more Mastery without sacrificing too much more crit or vers.
Shit man I think savant and then crit/verse gems are the only way you're going to get that:Kapp: but then again, you lose out on either a ton of stam or strength.

I think what I would do, is let your TBC pieces/quickblade give you the crit, give up the peerless and go harmonious in those spots. I generally tend to favor verse over crit though so thats getting into personal preference.

This is my vet, built specifically for wargames, so terts/tinkers are a non factor. My general playstyle is mongo frontliner so beefy is better. Though I noticed that after the artifact nerf, my dmg was a little too small, so I replaced 3 talasites with 3 str gems and it felt a bit better. Still have a chest with 3 talasites in it though, for extra beef.

I'd love some thoughts on finding some more Mastery without sacrificing too much more crit or vers. I have a small but well statted pool of ilvl 28s and trinkets to work with.

(also, yes yes pvp trinket, just assume I'd replace the dragonling trinket and run either pit master or elekks tusk)

Change the QBs or one of the dragon cogs. But theres no obvious improvements to be made, something would need to go on the chopping (hehe) block.

Actually 20% haste might make it tick every 1.8s. I'm getting a headache from this much mathz:NotLikeThis:
[doublepost=1633099382,1633099338][/doublepost]

No, that doesn't really make sense.
Ye youre right the final tick mechanism accounts for that.

Just get haste if you like haste. No goals to meet.

Agree that it feels weird making a melee set without any vers. When I checked Juan and Krack's unholy DKs at the start of SL they were going for this kinda of build so I tried to mirror their builds a bit but slapped in extra talasites. Unholy mastery looks good on paper since it scales pretty well and increases their main forms of damage but I admittedly haven't tried this build out yet.

Crow Wing is one of the three I'm considering and was the plan until someone on the discord said Sul'thraze is really good for UH. Thought maybe its shadow damage proc scaled with our mastery but that didn't seem to be the case unfortunately.

The other weapon I'm considering is https://www.wowhead.com/item=13505/runeblade-of-baron-rivendare?bonus=6712&ilvl=26 because of Hash's posts here. Crow wing will probably end up as one of the sadered up 2H weapons as a safe fall back but its boring and I want to test out some of the neater options first

Realistically yeah with some periodic skirm queues. I did like playing in the <TF> inhouse wsg games in bfa so I would like to have a wargame set available for those or their arena tournies now that I'll be home on the weekends again for the most part

After I made my dk at the start of SL, it became apparent that a very big mistake in regards to wanting damage was that I didn't really run any mastery during that time. This worked great for pugs since my single target dmg was better, but in a wargame or really any competitive twink WSG scenario, mastery is byfar the best stat DK can have as both frost and UH. It's mostly just because DK has a lack of being able to actually play a hard frontline like warrior, because it has to be able to grip DPS back far enough to LoS their healers/bring them far enough for your team to hit them. In regards to the idea that DKs should just be a chonky full stam vers stack utility bot, this has been heavily tested and is bad. I did a bit of DK in arena as well, and I think it still wants mastery there. I also think you always want an amount of vers, but it's hard to stack insane vers on DK and it's not a big deal to lose out on a differnece of 5-8% vers when DK doesn't even like overextending and has AMS+high armor.

After I made my dk at the start of SL, it became apparent that a very big mistake in regards to wanting damage was that I didn't really run any mastery during that time. This worked great for pugs since my single target dmg was better, but in a wargame or really any competitive twink WSG scenario, mastery is byfar the best stat DK can have as both frost and UH. It's mostly just because DK has a lack of being able to actually play a hard frontline like warrior, because it has to be able to grip DPS back far enough to LoS their healers/bring them far enough for your team to hit them. In regards to the idea that DKs should just be a chonky full stam vers stack utility bot, this has been heavily tested and is bad. I did a bit of DK in arena as well, and I think it still wants mastery there. I also think you always want an amount of vers, but it's hard to stack insane vers on DK and it's not a big deal to lose out on a differnece of 5-8% vers when DK doesn't even like overextending and has AMS+high armor.
Juan has spoken, ty oh wise one
[doublepost=1633104361,1633103451][/doublepost]

Only way I could really see it happening is if you swap out your quickblade ilvl28s and the peerless cloak for harm ones then replace your gloves and belt with ironblade gauntlets + studded belt of virtue with 2tr/2crit in the two extra sockets to make up for the crit loss. Even then it would depend on the stat rolls of the harm ilvl28s and could end up being a complete wash

Last edited:
But theres no obvious improvements to be made
legs arent bis, boot enchant is wrong... are you ok, man? You feeling alright? You arent you're usual self.
Change the QBs or one of the dragon cogs.
I dont run the dragon much in arena (folks use the pet to build combo points/arcane charges/maelstrom/whatever) so I've been trying to find somewhere else to find mastery because yea... mastery cog would be a solid choice otherwise. And will probably be the solution if WSG wargames come back. Dragon makes sense there.
Only way I could really see it happening is if you swap out your quickblade ilvl28s and the peerless cloak for harm ones then replace your gloves and belt with ironblade gauntlets + studded belt of virtue with 2tr/2crit in the two extra sockets to make up for the crit loss. Even then it would depend on the stat rolls of the harm ilvl28s and could end up being a complete wash
yea, and at that point it comes down to the swag of ilvl 28s over dungeon pieces

legs arent bis, boot enchant is wrong... are you ok, man? You feeling alright? You arent you're usual self.

your*
how about now?

But ye the man is clearly running for more stam considering the talasites. lose some sp running those pants and gems but as disc having a little extra stam can be nice. The boot enchant is fine, especially if you dont care about mastery.

Last edited:
Hi All,

new to the community and would appreciate some feedback!

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/irondäme

Thanks!

Depending on what your intention is with that toon I would only go full talasite on a prot pala if your holding flag with like 5 stacks or more. I played alot of prot pala and I recommend going full 2str/2haste gems. Also I pref going almost full greens for more mastery/haste/versa. Here is my toon for inspiration: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/ravencrest/Waiwhat

I like your gloves !

Depending on what your intention is with that toon I would only go full talasite on a prot pala if your holding flag with like 5 stacks or more. I played a lot of prot pala and I recommend going full 2str/2haste gems. Also I pref going almost full greens for more mastery/haste/versa. Here is my toon for inspiration: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/ravencrest/Waiwhat

I like your gloves !

Thanks for the reply!!
Your toon looks great, I get what you mean about the secondary stats. I wasn't too sure what the benchmark was for armor/HP so I stacked it. ideally it's just for Flag carrying and i have a holy set up for general.

Thanks for the feedback!

I think the warlock is all set https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/blackwing-lair/ciglock

Same thing, mostly plan to arena and wargame
Will be getting the shoulder/leg enchant. Might get the belt/glider tinker.
Mostly playing Demo and Affl.
MIGHT snag a couple talasites for the tbc pieces because my health pool is a little low and 200 int is plenty.
There also might be an ATTEMPT to farm for the offhand from atal dazar. but I'm probably leaving zealot blade for swag points

Users who are viewing this thread