10-19 2015 TC Discussion, Planning, Indiegogo

Would you prefer a community stream or Gamers-League stream?

• Community Stream

Votes: 102 55.7%
  • Gamers-League

Votes: 81 44.3%

• Total voters
I'm not assuming it will get traction during the event, that wouldn't make any sense. But start poking around armories, find items that can't be obtained, then see that those items are allowed for TC. It's a turn off, however major or slight you want to make it. Let's turn them on! Get the people goin!

I do get it, Superstylin. It doesn't matter for game outcomes! (Well marginally it does, but for arguments sake, I'm willing to pretend it doesn't). If the goal is not gear equitability and the recruitment advantages that comes with it, but rather rewarding legacy twinks for their continued support, then sure, allow it

what pieces of gear would you specifically ban? would you ban blackened defias boots/belt? Or Woodworking Gloves?

Anything not currently obtainable via drop/quest/prof etc.

I don't like the idea of it honestly. I feel like the only things that should be completely off limits are satchel gear and maybe some of the op older chants like Animist's Caress

I mean the fact is people want to be able to be rewarded for their continued support and participation in this bracket (activity in gearing, etc).

The community, and Myrm by extent need to decide if ^ that is worth the possibility of a small counteraction of negativity from new twinks wanting to buffer the community.

If the TC main objective is to promote and extend the community then it shouldn't be an issue in seeing that in order to achieve the overarching goal to its highest extent, gf'd items/chants should be banned.

If people feel that community promotion is only a part of the TC's goals and not so overarching, then vet players should be amply rewarded for their continued prowess and activity by allowing them to use the gear to its fullest extent.

My 2 cents.

The idea that banning gf gear attracts new players is nonsense. For every whining person it attracts that will quit in 3 weeks when they don't get their way on something else, we'll lose several more who don't want to associate with a manipulative community that makes rules against everything and ons that adds any variety to the game. Because, you know, that community decided you have to do EXACTLY what we say to be "equal".

This discussion is tiring. People that have committed nothing towards making this tournament but walls of text are doing nothing but trying to further deligitimizing twinking by creating yet MORE rules. This community needs less QQ more play.

Quit manipulating by creating rules. Just play.

Theres No granD fatherd gear that is actualy Game breaking, its a non factor IMO.

People that have committed nothing towards making this tournament but walls of text
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems somewhat directed towards me. Are you claiming omniscience of every activity that each poster might be doing to promote in-game, on Twitter, or even monetarily in the future?

Tapatalked from a PACMAN 4.4 Note II

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems somewhat directed towards me. Are you claiming omniscience of every activity that each poster might be doing to promote in-game, on Twitter, or even monetarily in the future?

He claims that his opinion is more important because he donated.

That's an opinion. Does Livingforce (recent debacle aside) then have two clouts worth of an MYT? Time isn't free. How are you evaluating other efforts in TC promotion?

Sure it's an opinion, but a major donor (MYT, Livingforce, whoever) is going to hold more sway with Myrm in regards to rules than some dude posting walls of text. I don't have opinions on other forms of promotion, as I haven't seen anything quantified to measure it.

Sure it's an opinion, but a major donor (MYT, Livingforce, whoever) is going to hold more sway with Myrm in regards to rules than some dude posting walls of text. I don't have opinions on other forms of promotion, as I haven't seen anything quantified to measure it.
[MENTION=18399]Myrm[/MENTION] can you confirm that monetary buy-ins result in extra influence in the TC?

(Assuming you are claiming me to post walls) Maybe you have a different classification for a wall-o-text. I try to post with brevity for readability.

I am withholding donation to see how things shake out. I imagine I'm not the only one in this boat.

Myrm can you confirm that monetary buy-ins result in extra influence in the TC?

(Assuming you are claiming me to post walls) Maybe you have a different classification for a wall-o-text. I try to post with brevity for readability.

I am withholding donation to see how things shake out. I imagine I'm not the only one in this boat.

No, not saying you post walls of text, just mean people in general. Your posts tend to be brief. I don't expect Myrm will come out and publicly announce that donations equal influence, but I imagine he will at least lend major donors his ear and give their opinions more thought and consideration than they would have otherwise received. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps sometime in the future there can be TWO Twink Cups. One that is no holds bared, any gear allowed and another with premade gear sets. Until that day comes to fruition we need to keep the rules SHORT and SIMPLE not long and complicated. Again, I will offer some free advice. Someone needs to step up elect a board. This board, will decide the rules and there will be no discussion from the community about it. This board will have to be impartial, meaning they cannot participate in the tournament. And the members should remain anonymous.

/cheers

The idea that banning gf gear attracts new players is nonsense. For every whining person it attracts that will quit in 3 weeks when they don't get their way on something else, we'll lose several more who don't want to associate with a manipulative community that makes rules against everything and ons that adds any variety to the game. Because, you know, that community decided you have to do EXACTLY what we say to be "equal".

This discussion is tiring. People that have committed nothing towards making this tournament but walls of text are doing nothing but trying to further deligitimizing twinking by creating yet MORE rules. This community needs less QQ more play.

Quit manipulating by creating rules. Just play.
But it could lead to rich little children getting an 'advantage' (idc how big it is it's the principal) over other people, due to a big wallet that might be able to buy them grandfathered toons/gears/enchants

Either ban all gfd stuff or nothing.
Best option IMO would still be if PTR is up at the time

Users who are viewing this thread