@19s, The Blackout Battlegroup Migration & Qs (EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigbul, you on Draenor now? Once i get gamecard ill move some stuff over to alliance then, to help you out.

Dinkorastamán said:
@ Bigbullox

Noes.. U should have joined horde site :mad:

But welcome to Draenor then:)

Making new guild or joining some of the guilds allready made?

Thanks! Making a friendly little new guild called <Wasted> :) Already caught up with Noo and dropped you <aao> guys a few chants for your funding effort.

Thought about calling ourselves, Very <Wasted>, Totally <Wasted>, Completely, Damn, Pretty, Utterly, Always etc etc. but those kinda name guild jokes always seem funny at the time then wear thin after a while.

Just got our GM/FC's 23/24 agm a few minutes ago because he is too lazy to get out of bed in the morning. Should have 5-10 ppl coming in the next few days / weeks.

What do u had in mind with world pvp?

Just Guru Arena Rumbles or do u want to do some experimental stuff as well like hm lets see, u defending a building in a low lvl area and we trying to bust u out or the other way round? Let's create some "events" would be great to have some nice inovation besides arena and wsg =)

2 wsg's up on blackout atm, with a 5-10 minute wait ally, 1-5 mins horde.

Just finished 1st wsg for a few months. YAHOOOO! we got kinda owned by Phonebook and co. but was a lot fun. Ally took the loss well which is a good sign for the future.

Bit rusty, need some pratice :)

Must remember to import Phonebook into the stats tonight before Zzzz...

@kore - yeah the more the merrier bro. Js got his 2nd agm tonight and should arrive in about half an hour or so.

I compliment you for this list and the effort you've put in it.

A great overview, so you basically know what to expect.

The only bitter side effect is, that some ppl leave nearly every single wsg they cannot win, just for their statistic to look good.

That's just pathetic and some really should think about the after taste.

It happens very fast, that someone's opinion of a normally great player changes and the bottom line is that it leads to the opposite.

But hey, each to his own.

Anyway, keep it up ;)

Thanks for this great list.

And welcome to Blackout of course.

But I got one little question. What about twinks that aren't in a twink guild? Are they completely excluded from this list? Or is that something you are still working on that.

Question is because I noticed I myself am not on the "Blackout EU 19 twink spreadsheet" and wanted to compare myself to some other twinks. I know I might not be the most active twink but there are those that know me and I am one of the few better geared horde twink on Bloodhoof. Though I might transfer to Dreanor when I finally get a second shadowfang. (currently spamming trade with increasing offers hoping to get ppl to farm for me)

Sajn~ said:
I compliment you for this list and the effort you've put in it.

A great overview, so you basically know what to expect.

The only bitter side effect is, that some ppl leave nearly every single wsg they cannot win, just for their statistic to look good.

That's just pathetic and some really should think about the after taste.

It happens very fast, that someone's opinion of a normally great player changes and the bottom line is that it leads to the opposite.

But hey, each to his own.

Anyway, keep it up ;)

:)

wall of text alert!

Glad you raised this. I've been waiting for this discussion to start.

"There are lies, damn lies, and wow armory statistics

I call the skewing of stats by /afking the Halfbreed effect. Halfbreed will never be included in any of my spreadsheets.

I hate /quitters and /afkers. With a passion. I've played maybe 1500-2000 wsg's and quit out of about maybe 10-15 of them, mostly for RL reasons, e.g. pregnant wife with morning sickness throwing up on my computer desk (lol), or deliveries arriving, or urgent phone calls from family in New Zealand etc.

I did quit out of a couple of wsg's in cyclone after some twats on the side I was fighting on made 5 naked level 10 gnomes and ran around /farting and cyboring people for lols, and another couple of quits because of speed hackers taking flags and floating 200 yards above midfield for >1 hr.

I've also quit a couple of wsg's when players on our side were farming and the game was going to end, in these cases I quit so I can log a twink on the opposite faction to keep the BG going and to try and teach the farmers a lesson.

I would love for blizzard to add a separate BG's joined stat, so I could provide completion stats.

I'd hoped that a wsg battleground stats addon and website I'm building atm would deal with this issue but the blizzard API call GetBattlefieldStatData() does not report hks, deaths, flags etc for players who quit, only players in the BG when it finished. :(

For more info check this thread.

http://twinkinfo.com/forums/10-19-bracket/7655-help-wanted-recording-wsg-stats-twinkinfo-users.html

It won't be too hard to trigger an event when someone quits a bg and store their name in the addon .lua file for later on and report the number of quits a player has made, but this data will only be available if more people install the killingfields addon. I'll add quitters it to the list of things to look at.

Glad you liked the stats, I've had a lot of fun and learnt a lot of new techy nerd skillz playing around with this. The spreadsheets are just a taste of what's to come. I hope to have a searchable, sortable, filterable 19 twink stats website up this weekend or next, and I have a couple more twink stats projects that should be finished in the next few weeks which I hope you're gonna like.

Trespasser said:
Thanks for this great list.

And welcome to Blackout of course.

But I got one little question. What about twinks that aren't in a twink guild? Are they completely excluded from this list? Or is that something you are still working on that.

Question is because I noticed I myself am not on the "Blackout EU 19 twink spreadsheet" and wanted to compare myself to some other twinks. I know I might not be the most active twink but there are those that know me and I am one of the few better geared horde twink on Bloodhoof. Though I might transfer to Dreanor when I finally get a second shadowfang. (currently spamming trade with increasing offers hoping to get ppl to farm for me)

Hey Trespasser, glad you like the stats. The more positive comments I get from people the more work I'll put into them. They seem to be generating a few new EU twinkinfo members too which is cool.

At the moment the regular armory imports only deal with twinks in guilds, as a favour I'll add you in manually tonight :) When the twink stats website is up and running you'll be able to add your guild or individual twinks yourself.

Thanks you for going to add me.

And I just looked at the spreadsheet and I noticed a few small errors.

The ranged crit rating seems to be capped at 9.99% this should of course be able to go higher. You also got this problem with mana regen while casting, mana regen while not casting, dodge chance and block chance. They all seem to be capped at 9.99%.

I now these things are pretty easy to fix (got some lessons with MySQL at school last period) but it will require you to update all thinks already in it. Which I don't know if you want to do that. But just wanted to let you know there is a small problem with it.

And of course keep up the good work. And I want to see that site when it is finished.

(I really need to get a bit more active on my twink again but, I hate not being able to dual wield shadowfangs yet)

Trespasser said:
Thanks you for going to add me.

And I just looked at the spreadsheet and I noticed a few small errors.

The ranged crit rating seems to be capped at 9.99% this should of course be able to go higher. You also got this problem with mana regen while casting, mana regen while not casting, dodge chance and block chance. They all seem to be capped at 9.99%.

I now these things are pretty easy to fix (got some lessons with MySQL at school last period) but it will require you to update all thinks already in it. Which I don't know if you want to do that. But just wanted to let you know there is a small problem with it.

And of course keep up the good work. And I want to see that site when it is finished.

(I really need to get a bit more active on my twink again but, I hate not being able to dual wield shadowfangs yet)

Some of the decimal fields are a bit bigbollocksed atm (my baaaad), thanks for letting me know and yeah its mysql. I kinda rushed thru the datatypes early on and once I saw a number with a decimal point in the % fields thought they were sweet. Please excuse the occasional error - I'd rather get slightly dodgey stuff out faster, you guys spot the errors and I fix quickly than dick around checking data myself - especially now that wsg is up :)

Was sposed to work on this last night but I kinda did a battleground, then another and another one... heh heh. Won some, lost some, had lots of lols.

No problem I know how it is to work on a project and you just want to get it finished. And after you finished it as fast as possible you notice you made a lot of errors.

But I think everyone got that.

Was just trying to help you so you can fix the errors. And even if it takes a few more months I will still be waiting :)

And maybe see you in wsg tonight after I finish toc10+ony10 on my main if you plan on playing again :).

Added a couple of guilds, EU player update running now.

+
fr.gif
Chàud Devánt
(thanks for reminding me hôp !)

+
eu.gif
ITR

encorebroz said:
is it just me or are US players suddenly appearing on the char lists also the guild gms are wrong :confused:

Doh, smoking too much again and not paying attention :) should be sorted in a few hours, will update the spreadsheets as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread