@19s, The Blackout Battlegroup Migration & Qs (EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
_Wip_ said:
WSG played is not a way to recount activiti at all, for example i hardly play WSG, im usually doing arena and duels 24/7 and im sure im far more active that some warriors on that list...

Hey wip :)

The stats are straight from the wow armory and include all the wsg / duels etc that the armory records. I assume that duel data starts counting from lvl 1+ and wsg from 10-19?

I share your view on WSG not accurately measuring activity but sadly its the best I can do atm... Blizz only record win/loss for rated arenas, hence the need for Feaire and Jim's awesome Epeen addon.

I could import Killing blow and HK's for 2v2's,3v3's and 5v5's if you would like, throw them into the mix. Be warned that the arena KB and HK data is a bit flakey, e.g. one of my warrs KB and HK arena stats not adding up properly :

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-statistics.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&cn=Eggs&gn=State+of+Grace

The other option is to generate separate lists for WSG, Duels, and Arena KB's and HK's?

My rogue (AuKKo) is missing in the rogue group too.

And many ppl have more then 1,1k achiepoint this is litle old info but good work keep goin =)

Bigbullox said:
About 95% of the level 19's in the guilds listed in OP have been imported.

Am rewriting the import process when I get home from work tonight to include a whole lot more data (like kills, health, mana, +sp, DPS, etc) and to make it more fault tolerant.

Re. Bláckóut :

I have Bláckóut down for 219/273 wsg's won/played as of yesterday, so using the current selection criteria (top 10 sorted by wsg's played) he doesn't make it onto the list.

Just using wsg's played is too simplistic. If you think that Bláckóut should be in a top 10 rogue list (and from what I've heard from the twink grapevine he should be) then suggest an alternative method for selecting the chars.

I'm leaning towards selecting the top 10 (or 20) of each class based on wsg win percentage for players who have played 100+ wsg's. Using this logic I'm sure that Bláckóut's wsgWin% of C.80% would place him in the top 5.

Also hope to allow you to download all the dataz in an Excel and .CSV format so you can check it out yourself.

I didn't realise you were just doing TOP 10s.

How-ever, that is somewhat of a complication. These statistics are only from when the Achievement point system was introduced. Hence it's pretty new.

Maybe run it on lifetime HKs?

Dunno, see your issue though. I thought you were just making up lists of profiled names worth noticing in the battlegroup.

PS: A good example of this, would be Maletc missing from the warlock section. With a Lifetime Honorable Kills: 132638 he is definately a person who needs to be on a list regarding Warsong scores :p. So ye, list is quite lacking.

Aukko said:
My rogue (AuKKo) is missing in the rogue group too.

And many ppl have more then 1,1k achiepoint this is litle old info but good work keep goin =)

Hey aukko,

Your wsgWin% is about 69% atm, so if I change the selection criteria to :

(order by wsgWin% for > 100wsgPlayed)

You should be able to stealth your way onto a top 10 or top 20 rogue list, will see what the numbers say later tonight.

The achievement points are taken from the guild list armory page atm and are, well, a load of bigbollocks atm. The wife took great enjoyment from pointing out they were screwed last night ;)

The achievement points on the character-sheet.xml are accurate. will fix later.

When you create lists of anything some people are going to be upset at not being on the list. Am working hard to try and use as many different wow stats as possible to reflect the different meta games people play inside wow, e.g. :

wsg stats

arena kills

duels

achievement points

fishing achievements

player stats like health, AP, spell power, etc

No of pets (lol!)

etc. etc.

lindenkron said:
I didn't realise you were just doing TOP 10s.

How-ever, that is somewhat of a complication. These statistics are only from when the Achievement point system was introduced. Hence it's pretty new.

Maybe run it on lifetime HKs?

Dunno, see your issue though. I thought you were just making up lists of profiled names worth noticing in the battlegroup.

Yeah some of the stats are lifetime from vanilla wow, like HK's and some have only been introduced recently so any stats I produce will be biased towards 'newer' twinks.

This started out as a list of stats, but by sorting and only selecting 10 I can't help them turning into Top 10's... HK's coming later tonight.

I've PM'ed drayner / admin with a few questions about this little twink stats project, I hope to bring you a whole lot more data and options later on.

edit: I just checked the import logs and Maletc's wsgStats imports failed 5+ times (spread across an hour or two) and gave up, The wow armory just doesn't like some people :(

with 2k+ wsgWins and wsgPlayed he'll be at the top of the lock list for sure.

Aukko NELF ROGE 216 312 69% 20 196 912 930 1075

and this is wrong too I have 1015 duels won and 930 lost. =)

Best I can come up with is the Top 100 most prominent names within their class that you can come up against if you're in Blackout BGroup. This will make huge lists though, but will almost include anyone worth mentioning.

I don't know if this forum have a collaps possibility? Would enable you to make lists and collaps them to decrease the size of the post.

Dinkorastamán said:
Good work so far on the Guild list:)

Maybe throw in ITR, from Draenor Horde? ( Small but active)

The World of Warcraft Armory

and the recently migrated French guild: Stay fly frenchiec inc ( small but active)

or maybe they fall out of the requirement for the list ? :)

No strict requirements for the EU guildlists, if guilds aren't that active or are small then the numbers and activity will show that.

Cheers for the new guilds, especially the french one, I'm adding country flags for the spanish and german guilds tonight, will add the FR one too.

btw, You have no idea how much database and php pain that names like rástámán have caused me over the past couple of days :)

Aukko said:
Aukko NELF ROGE 216 312 69% 20 196 912 930 1075

and this is wrong too I have 1015 duels won and 930 lost. =)

Your PVP stats were updated on the armory about 2 hours ago and will be up to date later tonight when I re-import. The import process won't be fully automated for another week or so.

You can expect a lag of up to a week between ingame stats and the stats in this thread :

A day or two for ingame -> armory

another few days for armory -> my database

and maybe another day or two for me to update this post.

lindenkron said:
Best I can come up with is the Top 100 most prominent names within their class that you can come up against if you're in Blackout BGroup. This will make huge lists though, but will almost include anyone worth mentioning.

I don't know if this forum have a collaps possibility? Would enable you to make lists and collaps them to decrease the size of the post.

I've PM'ed admin/drayner with some questions that might help here, wait and see what he says.

I'm limited in how I display data in TI threads, and tbh am surprised (and very pleased) that its possible to display tabular data in TI forum posts at all.

The
Code:
 tags do offer a horizontal scrollbar if the content is too WIDE for the forum content block, but they don't offer a vertical scrollbar to allow me to easily display. I would love to be able to limit the data to 10 rows with a scrollbar to see 90 more rows but I can't.

I played around with transposing / flipping the data on its side so I could make them very wide and scroll across to display more rows but it looked crap and didn't feel right.

Bigbullox said:
I've PM'ed admin/drayner with some questions that might help here, wait and see what he says.

I'm limited in how I display data in TI threads, and tbh am surprised (and very pleased) that its possible to display tabular data in TI forum posts at all.

The
Code:
 tags do offer a horizontal scrollbar if the content is too WIDE for the forum content block, but they don't offer a vertical scrollbar to allow me to easily display. I would love to be able to limit the data to 10 rows with a scrollbar to see 90 more rows but I can't.

I played around with transposing / flipping the data on its side so I could make them very wide and scroll across to display more rows but it looked crap and didn't feel right.[/quote]

Aight, we'll be chillin, waitin for a reply on the PM.

Bigbullox said:
Cheers for the new guilds, especially the french one, I'm adding country flags for the spanish and german guilds tonight, will add the FR one too.

btw, You have no idea how much database and php pain that names like rástámán have caused me over the past couple of days :)

Hah sry xD

Again gj on this.

After giving this project some thought I've decided to stop the twinkinfo forum character lists for a while and focus on build a proper website to display twink data from.

Without intending to I've created a series of 'best of' lists, when what I want to do is to display sortable and searchable twink data of ALL twinks - I want the user to decide how to sort, order and filter the data.

A big reason behind the decision to go off an build a full website is the contraints of displaying data on these forums. Over the past couple of days I've spent far too much time trying to get data to look right in these forums and not enough time on the data itself.

I will build as much twinkinfo forum features into the new site as possible, including ways for you to easily generate guild and player stats to post straight into twinkinfo forum posts, so you can create a twinkinfo guild post like the OP in 30 seconds.

Keep your suggestions coming. I am especially interested in what wow twink data you are interested in. Anything in a guild or character's armory can be extracted.

Give me a week or so to get everything sweeeeet.

I deserve to be on that list or I'll delete this thread :<

I has Pwndepot.com HALL OF FAME

should count some shouldn't it?

encorebroz said:
braghs too good for the list he needs his own cuz hes too awesome

The worst thing is that it's absolutely the truth.

I'm serious.

I also need to change my Sig, to "reserved" guild leader for when I eventually come back online again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread