Hunter Scopes - BFA preference

icehawk

The Beast Within
Hey all u Hunters, just wondering what ur thoughts are on the best scope to use for iPvP.

First thing I did come 8.0 was to dust off my BoA loom with Flintlocke’s and start using that. When Flintlockes does eventually pop, obviously people are gonna start getting hurt, but in between the dps is lower than if using a bg blue or Fel-Bow for the lucky ones.

I’m starting to lean towards putting away my Flintlocke’s and simply have the +damage scope on a better Bow. Problem with Flintlocke’s I find in iPvP is even when it pops, there are times when it pops at the end of a 1v1 and then ur all puffed up with no one to kill, or other times it doesn’t pop when u desperately need the burst.

I feel that a more steady stream of dps is better, at least on a ranged Hunter.

What r Hunters in the 20-29 bracket doing for scopes? I would be interested in ur thoughts. ;)

try gnomish xray then , but i think even scaled down Flint on heirloom is better then +3 scope . Flint procs for aprox. 70 agility . What i noticed for 20-29s is that there isnt much ranged bow or gun choices. 39s get shadowforge, swiftwind, punisher, among others.

Is gnomish xray scaling better than flintlockes now? I think they have about the same proc rate...

But yeah, the scopes that you CAN get on any gun are very limited. I think theres only a +2 scope at 29 with https://www.wowhead.com/spell=3976/accurate-scope ?

Theres also some +crit scopes that you could consider, but they'd still be on the BoA weapon afaik.

I'm also interested in this, I can't for the life of me find someone who can craft woodchucker but the gnomish x-ray scope is easier to come by.

Gnomish X-ray procs 94 AP, and is worth swapping to if you play mid and Flintlocke's is on ICD. Other than that, Flintlocke's should be your go-to. The proc dmg + agi combination is simply too good to turn down.

I'm also interested in this, I can't for the life of me find someone who can craft woodchucker but the gnomish x-ray scope is easier to come by.
I can’t help u with Flints, but during Cata I made a heap of coin making these. I have an Engineer of Gundrak who can make it but I’m unsub’d atm. It was a fairly long grind if I recall and not many people would bother doing it now if they don’t already have it.

Gnomish X-ray procs 94 AP, and is worth swapping to if you play mid and Flintlocke's is on ICD. Other than that, Flintlocke's should be your go-to. The proc dmg + agi combination is simply too good to turn down.
I used to Bow swap some time back, but it becomes a nuisance for me. I’m going to try doing some PvE tests along with some average PvP tests. Obviously the burst from the scopes can’t be matched, but overall the damage I feel is higher with the better Bow. But I don’t have the science to prove that, only what I’m feeling atm.
I’ll play around with my ranged Huntard and see what is the better outcome for iPvP.

try gnomish xray then , but i think even scaled down Flint on heirloom is better then +3 scope . Flint procs for aprox. 70 agility . What i noticed for 20-29s is that there isnt much ranged bow or gun choices. 39s get shadowforge, swiftwind, punisher, among others.
Yeah I’m still annoyed they never let us put Flint’s or other scopes on non-BoA Bows! :mad:

Flint procs more often and is more beneficial.
Swap between it and any other better weapon you got when you are going for kill command and got a proc.

I should beable to get you a woodchucker. If you can make a class trial on Aerie Peak alliance, I can trade you one.

Flint procs more often and is more beneficial.
Swap between it and any other better weapon you got when you are going for kill command and got a proc.

Most the info I've found (most of which is old or based on tests which might be inconclusive) point to both flintlock's and xray scope having a ~10% proc rate with a 40 second ICD. Theres a comment on wowhead that says 2.5-3% chance for gnomish though. Do you have anything definitive on the proc rates?

Gnomish gives 94 AP at both lvl 19/29. Flintlocke is 71 agi at both 19/29. How much damage is the critter doing?

Either way, with a 40s ICD - a hardcore hunter twink will want a second bow with a different scope after a proc. Either another BoA with the other enchant, another BoA with a crit enchant or +damage enchant, or a 29 bow with a +2 damage enchant. For premades, I'd say switching between flintlocke/xray is the way to go - as your team will be able to focus down targets that much faster. For solo que or whatnot, then its up to you.

useful mmo-champion post brings info about some new scopes comin with bfa with all kinds of procs, hope engineers dont charge much $$$$ for it

Most the info I've found (most of which is old or based on tests which might be inconclusive) point to both flintlock's and xray scope having a ~10% proc rate with a 40 second ICD. Theres a comment on wowhead that says 2.5-3% chance for gnomish though. Do you have anything definitive on the proc rates?

Gnomish gives 94 AP at both lvl 19/29. Flintlocke is 71 agi at both 19/29. How much damage is the critter doing?

Either way, with a 40s ICD - a hardcore hunter twink will want a second bow with a different scope after a proc. Either another BoA with the other enchant, another BoA with a crit enchant or +damage enchant, or a 29 bow with a +2 damage enchant. For premades, I'd say switching between flintlocke/xray is the way to go - as your team will be able to focus down targets that much faster. For solo que or whatnot, then its up to you.

Nothing beside personal testing on 8.0 ptr but scopes been changed recently hence blastington not procing as often.
I doubt flint and xray having identical proc rate.

critter hits for 170-200 (can crit)
agility buff comesout giving more damage than xray.

The crit scopes giving 10% crit. the proc rate on them even slower.

Nothing beside personal testing on 8.0 ptr but scopes been changed recently hence blastington not procing as often.
I doubt flint and xray having identical proc rate.

critter hits for 170-200 (can crit)
agility buff comesout giving more damage than xray.

The crit scopes giving 10% crit. the proc rate on them even slower.

This is false, 1 ap = 1agi, the gnomish ray gives more AP and they have basically the same proc rate, in my experience using both the ray actually procs more.

This is false

The only difference since last ptr test was a nerf to critter proc down to 100

NpJxHkx.jpg

Cobras with xray doing 7 more damage but that is hardly any better considering other things.
Flint proced x2 times more than xray during my testing.

I’ve been doing a heap of testing, only on BM though as that’s my favourite spec. Both PvE and PvP. I’ll aim to post the results in the next few days. Stay tuned!
But like @SPQR noted, Kill Command is stronger with Flints than Gnomish.

Last edited:
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=265099/incendiary-ammunition Yw
[doublepost=1534388291,1534387823][/doublepost]There's also a frozen one
The thing with this ammunition scopes is that you loose the ability to swap weapons to fish for a proc since the proc gives you no buff. unless it is mad procrate a la emental force there is no fun in it.

Slow is irrelevant atm as you got slowing pet ontop never ending cc.
One does not simply give up i31 bow for it.

Then i guess i'll be going for flintlock, and swopping to Xray, I also had the Vanilla scope which used to give Hit rating.. and now it gives passive crit.. quite alot. but crit isnt the way to go anymore sadly.. /pray that scopes become availiable to all levels so i can put it on my ilvl 30 bow some time in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread