Wtb premadez

So we just need to apply that same method to the alliance side. There's no harm in having zero useful hunters on both sides. Zero isn't an unacceptable amount of hunters.

For the record, Zul and Fc both played their hunters plenty when they weren't needed. They definitely get enjoyment out of it.

While I agree that there is zero harm in games without any hunters, what happens when a great player, who also has a great hunter, comes along and puts that hunter to a good use in games? Are you going to bash that guy for playing a hunter effectively to promote a hunter free bracket? Treat the guy negatively because you don't want a single hunter in games? One hunter per side is not bad, it isn't degenerative to games, especially when that hunter is doing something other than sitting mid.

So I don't understand why we don't want hunters in games at all.

Logic like:

2) All active Hunters need to reroll. There are too many PuGs queueing on Hunters at this point in time. Being on them yourselves, instead of being on weaker classes and discouraging them, is encouraging them.

is ****ing stupid and shouldn't be promoted by anyone. There is absolutely zero correlation between the presence of hunters and the decision to play a hunter in games. Me playing a hunter isn't going to encourage someone else to play a hunter. Just like Playing a warlock isn't going to encourage others to play warlocks.

Yeah, and gay marriage is just going to lead to people marrying parakeets and turtles. Dipshit.

Excellent example of a strawman, good sir. I believe:

2) All active paladins need to reroll. There are too many pugs queing on Paladins at this point in time. Seeing 3-4 paladins from Dmaw alone along with 1 or 2 from windrunner, etc, is encouraging pugs to que on paladins.

was meant to be intentionally ridiculous to show how ridiculous the statement:

2) All active Hunters need to reroll. There are too many PuGs queueing on Hunters at this point in time. Being on them yourselves, instead of being on weaker classes and discouraging them, is encouraging them.

was.

is ****ing stupid and shouldn't be promoted by anyone. There is absolutely zero correlation between the decision to play a hunter and the presence of hunters in games. Me playing a hunter isn't going to encourage someone else to play a hunter. Just like Playing a warlock isn't going to encourage others to play warlocks.

Getting facerolled by a couple 2400+ health hunters in mid DOES in fact make me want to play a hunter so that I don't just get ****ed over like that, I just have to ignore the selfish 13 year old mentality of rolling one, which admittedly is difficult.

Mongro said:
So we just need to apply that same method to the alliance side. There's no harm in having zero useful hunters on both sides. Zero isn't an unacceptable amount of hunters.

For the record, Zul and Fc both played their hunters plenty when they weren't needed. They definitely get enjoyment out of it.

*sighs*

So i guess playing my hunter for 3 games over 2 weeks is plenty eh........and you know how i operate apparently well damn right i get enjoyment out of it, smashing those midfarming scrubs who roll hunters on purpose to grief the bracket or only play their hunter feels awesome not gonna lie especially because due to skillspitter it's almost a GG. But you dont even play 29s so how do you know mong....i cant speak for FC because well im not FC

edit:damn i got trolled eh oh well *shrugs*

Please, PLEASE, don't just throw around terms like strawman. I hate looking at them more than I hate text walls because people so rarely use the words properly because everyone thinks they are formal logic professors when they have absolutely no credible background in the area. My response to the persistently dumbfounding antics of Shaket was based on the fact that his post can be taken in two ways: 1: He was stating that an overabundance of hunters is the same as an overabundance of any other class, which would be stupid even by his standards. Or 2: He was stating that a policy of banning hunters is a slippery slope to banning anything else that could possibly upset people, which is an arguement that he has been making since before you even joined this bracket. My response was primarily aimed at the absurdity of the second point and, I think, fits quite well. Now let's put this garbage aside and get back to more important things...

I'm glad we can agree that there is no harm in having games without hunters. Yes, I do think "that guy" should be treated negatively if he isn't willing to work with his fellow players. Allowing certain people to play hunters and other people not to is unfair. Either everyone should be allowed to play them or no one should be. Before they started playing here, Rubrix and his friends were asked nicely to avoid playing hunters. Rubrix decided to ignore the wishes of the people he would be playing with. How is that ok?

There is definitely a correlation between the presence of hunters and the decision to play a hunter in games. Look at horde. They see hunters and get all excited and jump on their hunters, further encouraging the use of hunters. No one jumps on a warlock to counter you when you play one because warlocks aren't gamebreaking in the way that hunters are. It's not a coincidence that this is the only class that anyone with a pulse wants to ban.

Zuladin said:
*sighs*

So i guess playing my hunter for 3 games over 2 weeks is plenty eh........and you know how i operate apparently well damn right i get enjoyment out of it, smashing those midfarming scrubs who roll hunters on purpose to grief the bracket or only play their hunter feels awesome not gonna lie especially because due to skillspitter it's almost a GG. But you dont even play 29s so how do you know mong....i cant speak for FC because well im not FC

edit:damn i got trolled eh oh well *shrugs*
Yes, even one game is a problem. All you are doing is justifying their actions, especially when you go as far as to one-up them with a grandfathered bow. It's beyond immature.

Mongro said:
Yes, even one game is a problem. All you are doing is justifying their actions, especially when you go as far as to one-up them with a grandfathered gun. It's beyond immature.

meh in my eyes they dont care, they could give a damn if im on my holydin smashing flash of light, my rogue smashing hemo or my huntard smashing explosive shot. They dont care if you throw hunters at them they'll still queue. If you stop supporting them they'll PROBABLY still queue. Gets irritating as hell getting gibbed in mid or wherever.

What do you want me to do just take it? Screw that occasionally the horde can magic a win against a hunter squad but it's usually a group of bad hunters. Get phat/lrig/rubikz/haxity in a game against you......almost an immediate loss. No matter what you do you cant counter that. So i can either just take the beating(lord knows they'll keep queueing(hunters in general) because they "liek 2 facerollz"), quit playing the bracket out of frustration or return fire. How would you suggest countering this?

The alliance support all of their hunters, even the ones who have stated they play to grief to the bracket because they dont care. Back in the day the alliance and horde farmed each other's AS hunters. Heck hordeside we still get on people for being marks. The horde have no consistent hunter players(just vets with hunter alts with the occasional random pug) compared to the alliance who have multiples(the horde did have a couple 3+ hunter games but far less than the alliance)........if we want to quell this hunter infestation it'll take co-operation from bothsides and at the moment i dont see that happening so im making the most of it during 3 games over the last 2 weeks , most of the time i've played my rogue(and my holydin briefly)

edit:Mong you really need to play 29s and see the quality of games as of late, 90% of all games are steamrolls not even fun anymore id take a close loss over a steamroll win, especially the other night when one game had 8 total hunters in it and the other one had 10 hunters in it.

It would be unfair of me to advocate you just taking it because I'm not out there wasting my time playing with kids who act like 24 twinks. I don't need to que up to know that the games are facerolls (and thus a complete waste of my time). What you're doing is just making you a part of the problem though. If you want to help get rid of them, then participate in discouraging them from queing. Shooting back at them isn't going to bother them.

I'll just say that bitching aside, I get into possibly anywhere between 3-8 games in any given night, and normally 2-3 are decently competitive. I'd say its about a 50/50 or 40/60 split on competitive or close games versus garbage facerolls.

There are games worth queueing for, they are just much fewer and farther between recently.

Ohai said:
I'll just say that bitching aside, I get into possibly anywhere between 3-8 games in any given night, and normally 2-3 are decently competitive. I'd say its about a 50/50 or 40/60 split on competitive or close games versus garbage facerolls.

There are games worth queueing for, they are just much fewer and farther between recently.

I agree with that tonight saw some really good games, 1-0 1-1 and such, in between those tho its steamroll city and boring as hell.

Two out of my three games tonight were super close, other one being a steamroll. Bracket is in good shape.

So how long till Donteventrii makes up an excuse and reminds everyone how much of a piece of shit he is? Oh wait

Phauren said:
So how long till Donteventrii makes up an excuse and reminds everyone how much of a piece of shit he is? Oh wait
How long until you add something constructive?

Oh look kids its............a nobody. Go back to your hole kiddo. I don't feel like handing out lessons right now.

Phauren said:
Oh look kids its............a nobody. Go back to your hole kiddo. I don't feel like handing out lessons right now.

This isn't 39s. You're a nobody here too.

Considering I have a winning record at 29 premades against Detox..............pretty sure I run this crappy bracket 2 bro.

Anyways keep trying. I like where your hearts at.

Phauren said:
Considering I have a winning record at 29 premades against Detox..............pretty sure I run this crappy bracket 2 bro.

Anyways keep trying. I like where your hearts at.
Oh, I'm enjoying this too much to just stop. =)

When were these legendary premades in which you undisputedly conquered the mighty Detox?

:mad:after getting emoted several times tonight while groups of people killed my warrior im very tempted to roll a marks hunter with emote's macro'd to every ****ing shot it has. i know im not a pro, i play a shit class becuase people didnt want more hunters, until i came back for cata my main was a hunter, and my main 39 was a hunter. it's pretty much my favorite class and emoting me just makes me want to roll a new one and shit on people

roudy said:
:mad:after getting emoted several times tonight while groups of people killed my warrior im very tempted to roll a marks hunter with emote's macro'd to every ****ing shot it has. i know im not a pro, i play a shit class becuase people didnt want more hunters, until i came back for cata my main was a hunter, and my main 39 was a hunter. it's pretty much my favorite class and emoting me just makes me want to roll a new one and shit on people

Hope your not mad at me, i was legitimately cheering you guys on in a good game i had to sit out off.

Users who are viewing this thread