Wraithscythe farming, bugged?

Beercapsup

Yellowtable
I'm trying to get Wraithscythe on my rogue and I've run it 13 times.. When I loot the chest on my twink I just get 2x Gloomshroud haha. Not sure how I can get 2x Gloomshroud.. 13 times in a row.

I'm farming it with my friend's main on another account so legacy rules are enabled.

I'm trying to get Wraithscythe on my rogue and I've run it 13 times.. When I loot the chest on my twink I just get 2x Gloomshroud haha. Not sure how I can get 2x Gloomshroud.. 13 times in a row.

I'm farming it with my friend's main on another account so legacy rules are enabled.
got these items on my rogue no more than 2 weeks ago

probably not bugged but you can always switch it up and run Sunken temple for fist of the damned, they are basically identical.

They aren't bugged I farmed them last week for my 59 shaman. Also farmed them for my 49 shaman a few weeks ago.

probably not bugged but you can always switch it up and run Sunken temple for fist of the damned, they are basically identical.

If I remember correctly, the fist has lower top end damage

They aren't bugged I farmed them last week for my 59 shaman. Also farmed them for my 49 shaman a few weeks ago.

lower top end but same dps. scythe is just a bigger range. Depends if that matters to you i guess

The higher top end damage allows for bigger crits from rng doesnt it?

yeah but it's also got lower low-end. So lower crits from Rng too =P. Just depends if you want a chance at biggest crit or more consistency, or if you don't care.

I'm just curious though.. Did you drop 2x the same item every time?

upload_2018-10-29_17-47-45.png

I just started running it today, I sold 24 Ghostshroud's yesterday and I have 16 from today. I literally dropped NO OTHER item from the chest but Ghostshroud 2x when looting the chest on my twink. Is it just really hard to get?

It seams very unlikely that it is active, due to no other loot (7 other items that could drop). But ofc it can be just bad luck.

You were right it was the loot spec! Thanks man.

Fair warning to whoever else tries to farm it. The chest from The Seven doesn't follow legacy loot rules and drops items from your specific loot spec. I swapped to Outlaw and got 2x Wraith scythe first run. Cheers!

It's actually bugged though, and the bug is ever in our favour. Making farming 2x wraith scythes take 15 mins instead of 5 hours.

legacy loot = 2 pieces of loot are going to drop from vanilla 5 man dungeons. Any weapon or armor proficiency item in the available loot table for that boss has a chance to drop(can drop the same item twice). Farming items in this way is extremely tedious and I wouldn't recommend it.

I ran a friend through BRD the other day and got 2 of them in under 5 minutes. I heard that its a guarantee drop rate bug?

I ran a friend through BRD the other day and got 2 of them in under 5 minutes. I heard that its a guarantee drop rate bug?

The bug is that the chest drops loot spec items to anyone who opens it and both items will be scaled to whoever opens it.

Users who are viewing this thread