WOD Rares ilvl44 Drops have been fixed

hang onto it tho, you never know what crap they'll change next week....
And here lies my big secret. All I'll say is, as an Achievement whore, I've picked up a ton of interesting stuff while so-and-so XPac was current. I shoved some of that into Void and after the SL squish, that multi-year old gear is wearable on my 10 without being scaled down ;)

Hi friend. Latest patch broke tooltips. This is indeed fixed, what you are seeing is a tooltip display error.
I dont consider it a fix, it happened on other gear as well, like https://www.wowhead.com/item=119376/three-egg-pendant-necklace.
it is a mob on a player level appropriate zone, that drops ilvl 44. why not drop level 25 ? By the rules, i would not be able to loot ilvl 45 from mobs . if i solo a rare level 45 it wont drop anything.

the wod 44 mobs were a part of wod endgame, not wod leveling experience. they were parts of the kinds of dailies you did in one tier or another. Thusly, like raidgear, it has now been set to be for higher levels than us. seeing as they COULD make them scale down, that obviously would have been my preference, but why it works this way is not irrational. Thus also why you could farm them daily and have hidden daily quests behind their drops, unlike normal wod rares that are 1 time drops.

Reading history on this thread has been interesting.

we’ve come a long way in understanding of gearing and bis from the beginning of SL till now!

Users who are viewing this thread