While 29s lay dormant

And:

I didn't know that I needed your funding or your permission to play in the 80-84 bracket. You can bet that if you post a thread on a public forum, I will post in it if I feel like it. Maybe you should use the PM function next time you want to include only your friends in an idea you've had?

Willshatner, your conduct in this thread is not acceptable. This thread is not a discussion about the merits of various brackets, nor is it a basis of any discussion. It is an invitation to join the OP in the 80-84 bracket.

If you aren't a former 29 considering making an 80-84 twink, this thread is not for you. End of story!

This bracket is struggling bad atm and it's not just because of school and whatnot, it's shit like this that has made people lose interest, and coming from a guy like me that used to never shut up myself.. that's saying something

If Fcftw can bite his tongue to make this place less of a headache then anybody should be able to, when was the last time anybody seen me rambling about stupid shit? It's been a long time because I have come to realize (even if it took me a while) that it's just pointless and does no good

How many times have you and me gone at it over the years Sam? countless... but you and me squashed that a while ago I just don't understand why other people can't do the same and just let it go
^^^^This. Even I have a bad taste in my mouth from this incessant garbage. I can only imagine how the majority of the people reading these threads feel about this bracket.

do rbgs happen at 84?

No but from my understanding if you make an arena team while you are level 80 you can participate in arenas at 84. I'm not certain of this as I've not tried it myself, but it might be something to look into.

This works for 71-74 characters that start an arena team at 70, so I imagine the same works for 81-84. I don't think this applies to RBGs. Any level character 70-74 can join in RBGs at any time, so I imagine it works the same at 80-84.

LOL80-84s

*runs and hides*

amidoinirite?

On a serious note, 80-84 the natural HP difference just seems wierd i mean all the secondary stats dont mean that much if your opponet has x3 the HP as you granted i dont play the bracket *shrugs* to me if you're that close to 85 id just play 85 haha. Still though have fun!

yeah i decided if i leveled all the way to 84 i might as well just level my hunter to 85. guess im going to make a lol 19 for something to do until you vets figure out when you want to play 29's again.

On a serious note, 80-84 the natural HP difference just seems wierd i mean all the secondary stats dont mean that much if your opponet has x3 the HP as you granted i dont play the bracket *shrugs* to me if you're that close to 85 id just play 85 haha. Still though have fun!

The bracket's secondary stat scaling is crazy, like the 10-14 bracket. Going from 80-84 reduces secondary stats by 66%, including resilience. So you would see a resil-stacking 80 with 20K health take more damage and live than an 84 with 50K health. Plus keeping the 80 healed would be much easier as well. Meanwhile, thanks to some gear set bonuses or talents, some high-leveled classes in the brackets can bypass the impact of some secondary stat degradation. And that's the tip of the iceberg.

I have no idea about the quality of PvP in the bracket, but on paper the features of the bracket are some of the most intriguing I've seen.

Edit: bad arithmetic on my part. Added more info for clarity

On a side note I could use some help from you guys. I am thinking about adding this puzzle to our line, but am not sure it will be challenging enough. Keep in mind though it is not necessarily for our relative age group and could be aimed at a much younger audience.

Each of the hexagons would be individual cut and have the numbers laser engraved on them so you would have to physically rearrange them on the board ( space would be 4" x 4").

magichex.png

Each hexagon would have a single digit 1 through 7 engraved on it. The object is have all three lines intersecting the middle equal 12 simultaneously. If any of you are bored and want to kill a few minutes; see how long it takes for you to solveit and please let me know (if it takes you 30 seconds or 30 minutes or however long). Also if anyone has a clever name for it I could use that would be amazing (If it ends up sticking I will send ya a free customized copy ;p). Like I said, it is not that challenging, but I am interested to know how long it takes for most people to solve. That way I can better determine the appropriate difficulty level and age group for the puzzle.

Thank you peoples,

-yoube

Each hexagon would have a single digit 1 through 7 engraved on it. The object is have all three lines intersecting the middle equal 12 simultaneously. If any of you are bored and want to kill a few minutes; see how long it takes for you to solveit and please let me know (if it takes you 30 seconds or 30 minutes or however long). Also if anyone has a clever name for it I could use that would be amazing (If it ends up sticking I will send ya a free customized copy ;p). Like I said, it is not that challenging, but I am interested to know how long it takes for most people to solve. That way I can better determine the appropriate difficulty level and age group for the puzzle.

Took me about 30 seconds, but I got lucky and figured out what the ...hmmm, that's a spoiler. Never mind. Are there other uses/games you could do with seven hex pieces that would expand the life of this puzzle? 'Cause the crazier you can get with it, the greater the...Hexarchy! Even though hex means six, and there are actually seven pieces. But hey, controversy sells, right?

Haha. That is about how long it took me as well. My Dad did it in about 10 which leads me to believe it would be best for children working on their addition. It is always nice to be able to add something that can be marketed to homeschools and traditional schools. I do like that name, perhaps we have a winner already!

Haha. That is about how long it took me as well. My Dad did it in about 10 which leads me to believe it would be best for children working on their addition. It is always nice to be able to add something that can be marketed to homeschools and traditional schools. I do like that name, perhaps we have a winner already!

Took me more time to put it on paper than it did to solve it, problem is if you have a firm grasp of addition the lode stone is simple to find, then its just a matter of arranging the other numbers.

Yea, it might just be too easy even for younger kids. Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback.

Yea, it might just be too easy even for younger kids. Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback.

i wouldnt say it's too easy for young kids. i mean addition is easy to us, or at least it should be, but for the say 2-5/7 or something it could be a challenge. only thing with kids that young, it kind of has to be colorful. laser engraving would be lost on them

Users who are viewing this thread