When are we going to address the elephant in the 20-29 bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, you shouldn't win. I personally try to prevent a 3-cap since as an FC I have the ability to play off of misplays and delay the game. In fact, yesterday I was against a premade (5 twinks, 1 f2p) with 1 other twink on my team and we lost 0-1 with a position where we were winning if we had more time. But generally it is just gambling with levelers in regards to the 1 twink vs 2 twinks. Point is that you can get winnable positions, albeit not easy.

the scenario described above is the perfect opportunity for us to grow as players, and improve our overall awareness...
in other words: "git gud". sure, you won't win, but you can make plays.

I doubt hunters in enchanted BoAs can rip up anything.

I'm pretty sure that at level 29 the BoA are ilvl 34... why is anyone not a twink going to complain about sub-29 gear?

And twinks shouldnt be complaining about gear at any level, they gave up that right when they locked XP.

after I finish my Fury Warrior

giphy.gif

edit-
Yeah WOD scaling is coming in patch 9.1. Last time it happened, it included low level BGs.

Just saw this and on that topic I dont know that 20 will care beyond BoE items, we cant do any quests below our level.

Saying that I dont think it can affect us from a gearing point, other than old items in storage or random level 5-18 BoE.

We're still talking about items scaling up, not templates (that was legion, right?)... I think if all our items are already scaled up to our point, not sure they would get better independently from similar items by adding a few ilvl to them, would they?

Although... the current ilvl revamp on the PTR might speak to this topic, maybe they're actually considering it.

edit2- ooops... i guess maybe 20 could farm their own BoE socket/tert gear in legion too then, for PvP at least.

Last edited:
I kinda hope they finally would go all out runescape. F2p = f2p. No other than f2p stuff in pvp for xp lock exploiters. Just free to play game mode or pay and get more. And for those who dont understand.
Freeto play / member -sub. Not same bg
Items that are over free cap are disabled in free bracket aka vet gf etc.
Purely f2p accounts are in bg x. Vet and rest are in y.
If you have free to play in game, its for ppl to start playing and paying. Team of 7bis hunts mw disc war. Premading. Does that make you want to play and pay?..

Last edited:
And here I thought we played horde exactly because we liked being the underdog and having much shorter queue.
A shame that with 100% mounts you can't really pull off that easily that old horde tactic for the most epic wins: 1 speedpotter to carry far side, 2 stealthers to kill efc and rest of the team at gy getting camped by ally.

Being serious: we always had this problem, since the ally hunters death squads in cata, and for me the situation we have now is better than ever (maybe just worse of pre-nerf vengange prot palas with int gear, but that was before p2ps came along in mass) - I feel I can solo pug with much more classes and specs than I could in previous expasions and the gear gap thanks to veteran account is much smaller than it was with f2ps vs 24 or 29 twinks.

So rejoice! And hope for the one and only Eu horde warchief to come back soon- for before the servers close Alphasky will once again lead us in glorious hunter extermination.

Wod scalling would let us keep more secondaries when entering a bg since our gear would scale up to lvl 29 ilvls, although it would nerf things like gf'd artifacts and necks.

Premades happen imo just take try your best and que up again.

Is mmhunter the best dps spec at 20? Why or why not and if not, what other dps specs have the biggest impact in the bg? Trying to decide what dps spec to play

Is mmhunter the best dps spec at 20? Why or why not and if not, what other dps specs have the biggest impact in the bg? Trying to decide what dps spec to play
Every hunter spec is very strong atm, surv being the popular choice. They all just have insanely strong damage, two of the best defensives in the bracket (turtle + exhilaration), and very strong utility in the form of: scatter shot, kick, trap, slows, potential silence, feign death, and aspect of the cheetah.

Every hunter spec is very strong atm, surv being the popular choice. They all just have insanely strong damage, two of the best defensives in the bracket (turtle + exhilaration), and very strong utility in the form of: scatter shot, kick, trap, slows, potential silence, feign death, and aspect of the cheetah.
can a feral beat a hunter 1v1? both geared, feral gets stealth open

in legion 19s ferals could beat surv in 1v1s but feral had to play near perfect like no energy wasted, pre bear flanking and axes, heal at right time, moonfire at right time

Last edited:

in legion 19s ferals could beat surv in 1v1s but feral had to play near perfect like no energy wasted, pre bear flanking and axes, heal at right time, moonfire at right time
i was wasted one night and didn’t get screen shots but there wan an alliance feral druid hitting me like a truck. didn’t catch the name. I am curious about feral as well. only have one 20 atm thinking about another build

Edit: Hunters reading this thread be like...

Last edited:

I recently pvp'ed a Horde Feral in Goldshire WM OFF on my Survival. He opened on me, duel was going just fine but then I suddenly got bursted to death. I had like 1.4k hp, it was kind of insane. It surprised me, really caught me off-guard, I wasn't expecting the damage XD Then afterwards I got a rematch, he missed his stealth opening by walking into my explosive trap and it was gg. I wish I could have gotten a tiebreaker match against the guy, but he was gone ):

So to answer your question: Yes, I think it is possible, but it is not an easy matchup as Survival has a lot of tools to answer Feral's threats: flare, traps, gap closer, disengage, slow or healing reduction via pets...

Assumption is that both players play well*
In a fair 1v1, no. I'm not saying feral is bad, it's actually pretty good, but main issue at hand is that hunter has gained so much utility that you can't abuse regrowths or bear'ing certain spells in the same way. If the feral has 5 points on opener, however, I would say it's up to outplay and playable at that point since you get a free bite from the start (still hard to win). For reference of feral damage, most twinks have roughly 3.5k to 4.5k hp and feral, if full mastery crit vers, can crit roughly 2k bites casually when glass with 3k. As a side note, feral is actually good enough that I am considering it possibly better than boomy in WSG wargames after the changes to stacks in 9.0.5.

^ This is both my input and a friend who has actually played feral in this bracket that came with me from 19s to 20s.

If you're looking at classes that can win a 1v1 against hunter, I think arcane mage has a chance to win the 1v1 if played perfectly.

Assumption is that both players play well*
In a fair 1v1, no. I'm not saying feral is bad, it's actually pretty good, but main issue at hand is that hunter has gained so much utility that you can't abuse regrowths or bear'ing certain spells in the same way. If the feral has 5 points on opener, however, I would say it's up to outplay and playable at that point since you get a free bite from the start (still hard to win). For reference of feral damage, most twinks have roughly 3.5k to 4.5k hp and feral, if full mastery crit vers, can crit roughly 2k bites casually when glass with 3k. As a side note, feral is actually good enough that I am considering it possibly better than boomy in WSG wargames after the changes to stacks in 9.0.5.

^ This is both my input and a friend who has actually played feral in this bracket that came with me from 19s to 20s.

If you're looking at classes that can win a 1v1 against hunter, I think arcane mage has a chance to win the 1v1 if played perfectly.
interesting

The mage wouldn't have to play perfectly, just have the right timing.

yeah arcane tends to do well against hunter...well as well as a class can in a 1v1 against hunter. I also find I do pretty well against hunters on my spriest.

i actually didn't even bother turning my druid's xp back on.

because i love playing my hpal.

Is it true horde like to premade a hunter and a arcane mage? Ive had games as Alliance were hunters were like 7/10 but barely anyone of them were twinked

Is it true horde like to premade a hunter and a arcane mage? Ive had games as Alliance were hunters were like 7/10 but barely anyone of them were twinked
I run into the exact same thing except as horde I see tons of hunter premades
Simply depends on why's queueing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread