When are we going to address the elephant in the 20-29 bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absolutely horrendous .Fought premade after premade after premade, took a break, tired of that stupidity. Come back later, SAME premade again. Hunters hunters hunters and their healers.

I dont get it. I get twinking, for different reasons. But twink premades vs randos, who find that fun?! What's the point?
Those games are utterly boring and pointless, no matter which side of the slaughter you're on.

Twinks will be the reason of their own demise. Keep up those abusive behaviours, and the nerf hammers will come down hard again. When it get to the point where levelers cant even play and die in not even seconds, you know blizzard will put some order at some point.

Sorry for the rant, but if you guys dont understand how bad it is for the average player to face twink premades, I dont know what to tell you. And I cant fathom blizzard letting this go for ever. They're lazy, but not that lazy.

Last edited:
There is no doubt they will change things some time in the future, low level pvp (as well as max level pvp) is always subject to change. However there will always be a way to get an edge, either in skill or in skill as well as in gear / consumables.

Let's say they nerf hunters. OK, roll a different class that also smashes. How do you nerf all classes? There's no way to do it. That's called "balance" and Blizzard are terrible at it.

Let's say they nerf level 20s and give, say, level 25-29s an edge, even if they have unenchanted greens. Well, that wouldn't work because if an ungeared level 25 is bigger than a geared level 20 scaled up, that means that an ungeared level 25 is MUCH bigger than an ungeared level 20. And an ungeared level 29 is a king which dominates harder than geared level 20s did. There's no improvement, the bgs continue to be imbalanced, etc.

Let's say they bring everyone between level 20-29 to the same common denominator and plain give them the same gear and stats. That's one more take on scaling, doable, why not. Well, all that means is that people can keep rolling new characters. Since no gearing up is required (remember? an ungeared level 20-29 has to be equal in power to a geared level 20), this means there's time to concentrate on finding the worst imbalances in specs and setups. You thought it's bad now with too many hunters? Just wait until specs determine everything with all other factors neutered.

There's simply nothing they can do here, short of disabling low level bgs.

Why people do this to begin with? For achievements and kills and to escape having to be on a treadmill at max level.

PS: I'll tell you what could reduce the number of twinks in low level bgs. If max level pvp stops constantly being imbalanced trash and becomes more interesting, then vets will depart and do max level pvp. This would help things tremendously. Balancing f2p vs levelers is much easier than balancing vets vs levelers. But max level pvp will likely remain imbalanced trash forever, so.

Last edited:
you know blizzard will put some order at some point.

IJT.gif

Yeah WOD scaling is coming in patch 9.1. Last time it happened, it included low level BGs.

If they do it properly, this might work. (If I am not mistaken, they didn't say they are doing it yet, merely that they are looking into maybe doing it. I'd very much like them to do it, though. WoD system was the best one.)

if you guys dont understand how bad it is for the average player to face twink premades

=s you underestimate us. we certainly do, and we did something about it.
even twinked, solo quing plenty of times you end up on teams you can't help.
it's one bracket being ruined, that lvlers are out of in the span of a day or two.
agreed it's not fun to faceroll or be facerolled tho.

Hunters are prob the biggest culprit. If we want to do something about it, all them Surv Huntards need to put away their big ilvl 44 sticks, or the gf’d ilvl 49 bows them Mark’s Huntards use and turn it down a notch.
I’m doing my bit for the community, though I know I usually play different times to the majority. My Hunter is likely to be a Garrison hero this XPac.
A DK will rise up soon and crack some serious Horde skulls.....:p
Refusing to use OP shit like Brambleking Staff or gf'd relics and/or ilvl 44 necklaces barely changes anything tbh. As a Survival player myself, the spec can still smash just fine on an ilvl 34 artifact and regular socketed ilvl 28 necks. It is still a slaughter either way, the difference is noticeable but ultimately doesn't matter. Self-handcapping for the sake of an idealistic balance is pointless when said balance never existed in the first place since Hunter is easily the most overloaded class in the bracket.

DK is very fun though (Unholy in particular), I have one but it is far from completion, I just bought some panda ilvl 28 gear with a random quest weapon to have an idea of how the class plays in the bracket haha. I'll probably work on it after I finish my Fury Warrior side project.

Last edited:
What Gandara said, it’s not so much twinks that cause the main imbalance, it’s the class’ are just not balanced at this level.

27-29 leveling wars, hunters (all specs) among others rip up the bracket just fine in enchanted BoAs

Gandara was talking about twink hunters with 34 artifacts instead of brambleking staff.

I doubt hunters in enchanted BoAs can rip up anything. I mean, maybe they are slightly stronger than some other specs in enchanted BoAs, but from what I saw, if they are not twinks, they are food, even 1v2 is easy.

In other words, the power is in the combination of spec and gear / enchants / gems / consumables. And in premades, of course.

the problems with group queuing:

1, i cannot go AWOL intermittently as i wish

2, i get no satisfaction when i win most of the time

3, it feels horrible when i lose

it leads to almost zero positive outcome

the problems with group queuing:

1, i cannot go AWOL intermittently as i wish
2, i get no satisfaction when i win most of the time
3, it feels horrible when i lose

I, for one, understand where you are coming from. I am in the same boat, generally. But until they make a proper solo queue (likely never), it's either group up or have a lower winrate.

Here's what I do:

1 - I go AWOL pretty much whenever I want, I just warn that this is going to be my last game, etc. Mid-game I mostly don't, that's rude, but if I have to, eg, something in real life calls for attention, then that's fine as well.

2 - I get satisfaction from achievements / kills.

3 - erm, this one is weird. Of course, you are going to lose. It isn't always your fault. When it is your fault, so be it, try to become better. If anyone has a problem with me making mistakes, sure, let's not go together anymore, no big deal.

Just don't make a mistake of planning to be on day X at time Y at the PC for games, that's what I was finding the worst. My point is: yes, sure, I also would prefer a solo queue, but parties aren't too much stress with some experience.

nothing is more satisfying when your premade smacks another premade. And when you lose to a premade changing comp and running at them again. Competition is what makes to 20s bracket enjoyable

I came home yesterday after work thought i would play few games solo. I ran into 3 different premades in three different games back to back but thats just the way it goes. You can't really hate em for playing with friends. If i had dedicated friends i could group up with on a consistent basis i most likely would. But i dont have that these days. but that dont mean i gotta get upset because others do. it does get annoying at times but thats the name of the game.
But there are rare moments i can muster a few players together to compete with them but it dont last long. Just enjoy the game and dont get caught up in the win loss hype.
Because i get focused into the dirt most games but i still try to just have fun.

This isn't directed at anyone specifically, it's more of an overall thing, but I dislike the fact that so many players in this bracket put the blame of a loss on everyone else before themselves. This isn't endgame, it's twinks, but that isn't an excuse for never improving. In addition, it is because of this fact that we should be playing objectives at a higher level as a result of easy mechanical play.

I would say that the improvement issue applies to both factions, but because horde usually has less players in a group it applies to them even more than alliance. Being able to say that I could have done this and that better is something I would be proud of, because recognizing this means I would have learned. It's an honest shame that this isn't the case for the majority of players. I can name on hand the number of times someone has even remotely said 'mb' in any form regarding the game in the past two years I have played 20's.

I do understand that this is a casual bracket, and that's fine, but I only really have an issue with this if the said players quite literally blame others. Which most do. To clarify, I mostly refer to mindset by this post and not raging in chat.

For those that do look at the bracket in this way, you're very cool.

Just thought this was a bigger issue than group queueing atm :)

This isn't directed at anyone specifically, it's more of an overall thing, but I dislike the fact that so many players in this bracket put the blame of a loss on everyone else before themselves.

When you are alone vs a premade (just two twinks on the other side is enough to outmatch), it's pretty clear that the loss isn't your fault. Yeah, guerilla tactics, objectives, whatever, you won't win 1v2 all other things being equal.

When you are alone vs a premade (just two twinks on the other side is enough to outmatch), it's pretty clear that the loss isn't your fault. Yeah, guerilla tactics, objectives, whatever, you won't win 1v2 all other things being equal.

I agree, you shouldn't win. I personally try to prevent a 3-cap since as an FC I have the ability to play off of misplays and delay the game. In fact, yesterday I was against a premade (5 twinks, 1 f2p) with 1 other twink on my team and we lost 0-1 with a position where we were winning if we had more time. But generally it is just gambling with levelers in regards to the 1 twink vs 2 twinks. Point is that you can get winnable positions, albeit not easy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread