What you would change/remove from WoW

None of these are stupid, come on
Tanks already have lower DPS, they don't need to be squishier than every other class in the game.

removing hidden spec auras means the game can actually be balanced and actually allow hybridishness with the new talent system. Currently, if you pick Fury at level 10 instead of Arms, your Slam's damage is reduced by 60%. Try explaining that to a new player.

Finally, PvP tuning needs to have a good changelog. I shouldn't have to pour through years of blue posts to figure out that Cold Heart has been tuned down 80% in PvP instances.

Tanks already have lower DPS, they don't need to be squishier than every other class in the game.

removing hidden spec auras means the game can actually be balanced and actually allow hybridishness with the new talent system. Currently, if you pick Fury at level 10 instead of Arms, your Slam's damage is reduced by 60%. Try explaining that to a new player.

Finally, PvP tuning needs to have a good changelog. I shouldn't have to pour through years of blue posts to figure out that Cold Heart has been tuned down 80% in PvP instances.
These concerns really only revolve around how these mechanics play out in low level play. Tanks absolutely need the nerfs in endgame and honestly some tank specs still perform admirably in low level. Prot Pally is the skirms healer of choice, Blood DK is a remarkably strong frontliner, Venge DK is a great FC, Guardian druid plays like a bowling ball in mid clashes. They do well enough in low level that I dont think they're hurting too much.

Though I do agree with you (and Rise) that the tooltips could use some work. It is absurd that pvp modifiers are more-or-less hidden.

Auras are designed to balance specs without having to change each ability. E.g.: both ww and mw monk have the same kicks but you don't want a mw monk to hit for as much as ww. Ele sham revolves around using lava procs and effects connected to them. Resto shaman does not so it makes sense their lava would hit harder. Balance druid does less dmg than resto and resto does less healing than balance with regrowth. This is intended because balance does not have a million effects that affect regrowth so it makes sense for it to be stronger baseline. These and many more...

Auras are a great way to balance specs. I don't understand why do you need to know if some ability got nerfed an year ago or what auras are in place. Just look at the actual dmg and decide if it's worth focusing on this spell. What happens beneath the surface only matters for the devs of simcraft or people who make spreadsheets with tooltip dmg.

Spec auras really have to go. It’s a pretty ancient remnant of legion at this point and allows blizzard to hamfist changes without really putting much thought into things (like spell ranks and baseline coefficients)

Hoping that new DF talent trees force a bit of changing or rethinking on the whole idea of spec auras.

also I’d like if hunter pets could be kited again :KEKW:

These concerns really only revolve around how these mechanics play out in low level play.

Agree to disagree. The only playable tank in top level PvP is Prot Paladin, which was then promptly nerfed into oblivion. In low level BGs, Guardian Druids get one-shot by Aimed Shot... in bear form.

Thank you for reminding me how funny it was watching everyone talk about how they were gonna 1hit people on their Frost DKs

Almost all of my early posts here were linking old PvP tuning. It's absurd how hidden most of this information is.

according to murlok.io there are a total of 50 ranked Guardian druids in RBGs. 4 of those are above 2.3k.

Besides, all top level PvP is arena.
Theres 14 DHs, 1 above 2.3k
Theres 15 Blood DKs, 1 above 2.3k
Theres 21 P Paladins, 0 above 2.3k
Theres 5 P Wars, 0 above 1.9k

I don't like you so I call my degen gang to report give you negative ratings so you can't queue anymore. People have got bans due to mass reporting in the past and still do. System like this won't do anything good. Imagine all the tryhard(especially on NA, judging by the game of the weak thread) reporting anyone who didn't heal them or something. It's just a bad idea to give the community any control over who plays in the bracket and who doesn't.

I think I see the disconnect here. You haven't played Overwatch in the last couple of years, have you? The Overwatch player rating system I mentioned doesn't have downvotes. There's no way to malign fellow players with bad ratings. Players can still be reported and investigated for particular behaviors outside of the rating system (I don't know if such reports affect ratings), but those reports are handled on a case-by-case basis, rather than automated like the upvote system. Which is more than I can say for WoW and its mass abusable afk-reporting, for which 39s gained a reputation years ago.

A non-downvote rating system may still create player sediment layers as @Selaya warned, but Overwatch's system doesn't give players a stick with which to beat other players.

I think I see the disconnect here. You haven't played Overwatch in the last couple of years, have you? The Overwatch player rating system I mentioned doesn't have downvotes. There's no way to malign fellow players with bad ratings. Players can still be reported and investigated for particular behaviors outside of the rating system (I don't know if such reports affect ratings), but those reports are handled on a case-by-case basis, rather than automated like the upvote system. Which is more than I can say for WoW and its mass abusable afk-reporting, for which 39s gained a reputation years ago.

A non-downvote rating system may still create player sediment layers as @Selaya warned, but Overwatch's system doesn't give players a stick with which to beat other players.

for all the garbage overwatch is, it's report/silence system actually works, unlike some games (R.I.P. Heroes of the Storm)

The way to bring back WoW, is with the changes i talked about before, Instead of everybody living in the main cities, and waiting for queues... WoW should be about the world. Its such a huge world and all of it could be used.
Arena and BG are fun games imo, but shouldnt be the main pvp in WoW.
It all started in vanilla when the Honor system came out and there were no BGs yet. That was the game i loved the most.
Also, cross realm BG queues messed things up big time. Because before that became a reality you actually knew the horde you were fighting.. They had reputations among the opposite factions. Anyways.. im an old player... Newer players dont know anything else besides BG and arena. and think that is how WoW is.. and how its meant to be... However i've seen WoW in its glory days before it was all about the money. Thats also the reason When Classic came out again, it was a huge.. huge hit.

Anyways. WoW is old. and i expect between 3 and 7 years, a new game will come out at long last.. A replacement for WoW, a new best game that will rule the next Era of MMO's. And most likely it will be made just like WoW was made back in those days, drawing ideas from the best games that exist nowadays, and putting the best things of all these games together, I predict its going to be a Sandbox mmo rpg.
Time will tell.

WoW is old. and i expect between 3 and 7 years, a new game will come out at long last.. A replacement for WoW, a new best game that will rule the next Era of MMO's
People have been beating this drum for over a decade.

MMOs, as a genre, are DOA right now. The gaming population just doesnt have the patience or the time anymore.

People have been beating this drum for over a decade.

MMOs, as a genre, are DOA right now. The gaming population just doesnt have the patience or the time anymore.

Yeah i know, we have been talking about this for a long time. And i believe the gaming population Does have time... But sadly the games havnt been good enough.

The game i am talking about.. is going to be a shocker... just like WoW was back in the day.
But we will see if my prediction is right.

Users who are viewing this thread