What you would change/remove from WoW

While I waffle back and forth about adding additional specs, I'll say the names you gave your new specs landed inspiringly well!
Thank you. Couldn't settle on a DH name... 'Malice' or 'Warden' , but neither felt right.
Any lean to how you would interpret new specs, if indeed at all?

Any lean to how you would interpret new specs, if indeed at all?

If by that you're asking for feedback, then I'll say I'm about 60/40, insofar as the specs you created stay true to (in my limited experience) the feel of the classes.

On the 40 side, I don't think a ranged Demon Hunter works without sacrificing some of the tools and feel of the class. Same for the Hunter/Ranger -- healing as a Hunter might feel like Ana from Overwatch and her "healing gun", and I can't figure a way to make that not sound as ridiculous in WoW as the mechagnome race. I feel the same with the Warrior/Captain as I do the Demon Hunter -- too much a square peg into a round hole.

A DK spec as a sort of "unholy inquisitor" could work, de-emphasizing the ranged caster part of being a Necromancer.

The 60 side lands solidly with the other five classes you described (mage/spellsword, Paladin/Inquisitor, Rogue/Mercenary, Shaman/Earthwarden, Warlock/Summoner). These ideas fall right in line with how Blizzard created a fourth spec for Druids, and I would excitedly try any of these.

The mage and shaman ones seem cool, something that could be popular, have ingame background or wc3 background and interesting, the others sound unworkable, forced, undesired and boring.

• Bring back vanilla class quests for certain abilities or to make it a choice to do those or pick the auto-learn.
    • i.e. Undead warlocks going into a the higher level contested area for their Succubus quest chain
    • i.e. Rogue learning to level picklocks from certain lockbox areas or quests. Quest Lockboxes are still in the areas that were part of the lockpicking quest chains.
    • i.e. Druid Aqua Form questline.
  • Either fix lockpicking or the engineering charges or blacksmithing keys to be useable under level 20 again - Activision-Blizzard recently changed the post-WotLK lockboxes to require Legion or higher xpac non-Engineering profession or Rogue @ lvl 29-60 to open.
  • Bring back pickpocketing to under level 20 again but return it back to can't target higher than our player level without higher chance with agroing.
  • Bring back gathering professions perks again or making more crafted items useful (again). (How many times do you grind a profession and barely get a handful of items that can be used even at the highest character levels?) Or those BFA "epic" profession items that auto-deactivate with Shadowlands xpac active.
  • Open up world quest flight whistle to all characters under max level. Why? If a Hunter or Warrior or Mage, as examples your Legion Order Hall Tier 2 upgrade can give you extra flight/entry points to/from Broken Isles and these do not require lvl 45 to use.
  • Fix or remove the Outland Sha'tari Skyguard flight points from Shattrath City to Skettis, Skettis to Blade's Edge if YOU have the reputation you should be able to use them to fly. Why do these now require having flying riding active? If one can fly on their own, why are these still in game?
  • Fix the Ogri'la/Sha'tari Skyguard Bombing Run quests to work while on a flying mount again. Or do not allow them to be offered if one doesn't have a fly mount or flight riding.
  • Allow access to Island Expedition Map without interacting with the Expedition Map table. Quite annoying to have to be in a BFA home town to re-queue while doing other content. ;)
  • Fix the Alterac Valley of Olde Stormpike Insignia toy to work on Alliance under level 24 or change the Frostwolf Insignia toy to require player level 24 to use.

Whoo-boy

- A Complete, full high-res Overhaul of Old Azeroth. ( & since we're fantasizing here: make everything 2wice it's size! ) Repair & restore all the zones destroyed in the Cataclysm. No more floating chunks of Westfall, Repair Loch Modan damn & restore the Loch. Deathy's giant dick & balls imprint has been eroded from the Badlands. No more burning chasm dividing the Barrens or broiling lava floes in Stonetalon & Ashenvale. Drain Thousnad Needles & turn it into a lush, vine wrapped & stream filled canyon; & give us a mount racing mini-game in the Salt Flats. The Maelstrom in STV is no longer swirling, but is a deep trench for us to explore & quest in. Darkshore is remade, again... no longer a bonanza zone filled with loot piñatas for max level toons to whack, but has a somber tone, reflecting the trauma of BFA's devastation. Same for Arathi Highlands, It gets the beautiful new zone texture from BFA, but none of the appallingly lazy zone population. The PvP / combat 'Set Pieces' put into place at Cata's launch are removed. They're so uninteresting & were a failure. In theri place are now succinct PvP objectives, with capturable bases & actual conflict. Turn-ins made by players trigger differnt stages of conflict, much like Classic Alterac Valley; & open up zone buffs & perhaps even an insatnce paticular to the conquered protion of the zone. Cata zones are no longer lvl 30+ content, & may be explored at level 10. Cata dungeons remain partially restricted, intoducing Blackrock Caverns, Stonecore, Grim Batol, Vortex Pinnicle to sub lvl 30 players, the rest being heroic level 35+.
- New Homes/ Capitols. The Nelfs take the super-magic World Tree Seed down to the Ruins of Feathermoon. All the beauty, mystery & splendor of Tel'drassil remains unchanged, but it's now off the coast of Feralas. Feathermoon stronghold now becomes the de-facto Auberdine, but with new quests reflecting the new zone. To facilitate this, much of Feralas is remade, reflecting the Kaldorei's repatriation of the zone. As Thousand Needles is drained, the Tauren have abandoned Camp Mojache & it's now a quest objective. The ogres are chased largely from the zone ( forcing them to FINALLY join the Horde! ) through the Questing experience, but the silithid remain & the north west protion of the zone remains 'wild'.
Gilnaes becomes an actual Capitol & the fantastic zones around it remains alive past your Furry leveling intro.
The Darkspear now enjoy an actual city on the Echo isles, instead of a slum in Orgrimmar. Same goes for the Goblins, who haven't done anything with Azshara, other than turn it into Hoboken, NJ. It disgusts me. Give them a Crapitol city off the coast of Tanaris, or an uninstanced version of the MOTHERLOAD, & RE-WILD Azshara in the process.
The Forsaken now dwell IN Lordaeron, not below it. Undercity could become an instance, or a questing zone, full of deadly feral scourge & blight abominations.
Despite the fact that Gnomes make the best kebabs, they remain largely despised & wholly ignored. It's been 18 years & they STILL haven't manged to clean out Gnomregon?! Why not give the Gnomes an un-instanced version of Mechagon as their Capital! Much as the Nightborne enter the game in the Nighthold, the Gnomes could have theri own Capitol be a version of this instance, repleate with all the comforts of any Capitol. Portal ubs, AH, Profession trainers, a Mount foundry... etc.
- MOunt Racing Mini-Game. Think Azeroth's Mario Kart or even a PvP race much like Road Rash! Mount gear could be used to buff them or protect them from hazards. Locations could be all over the world & could be instanced.
- Overall more dangerous world. Mobs just have more HP these days, but they hit like wet noodles & scaling makes everything feel the same. Amend this bu allowing mobs levels to oscillate, perhaps as high as 3-4 levels higher than yours.
- Bring back the Rare Elite challenge. Restore the specific blue gear that drops from the lethal rare mobs that can wipe thier arse with you!
- More interesting & dangerous mobs. A rotating schedule or %chance to spawn for a very dangerous version of normal zone mobs. No real expanded loot, just something to break up the monotony of a scaled world. Something on par with a MoP rare elite's ability to beat you senseless.
- Fix the gear-drop levels. 6 & 3 levels lower for green BoEs, 2 levels lower for Blue BoE armor & trinks, 1-2 levels higher for Epics?! WTF!!!!!! Unfuck this, Blizz!!!! Just make it drop at YOUR level!?!
- A new approach to gearing. Dungeon gear makes you more powerful in Dungeons, Raid Tier gear makes you more powerful in THAT raid tier alone. World Gear ( which there are still sets of around ) has neat bonuses for general play. BUffing the amount of mats you gather for instance, or a re-issue of the beloved https://www.wowhead.com/item=146669/the-sentinels-eternal-refuge & https://www.wowhead.com/item=146668/vigilance-perch type gear, really giving you incredible world gear.
LFR gear is on par with base Heroic dungeons. M+ gear scales up to 10 & higher levels grant higher chances at more gear. Heroic raid gear = M+5 & Mythic = M+10.
- Bring back badges for end-game content. Great system for deterministic gearing. Has worked decently enough in SL & it needs to continue into the future.
- Heroic dungeons become 10 man content. Offering fun stuff, pets, cool xMog, unique crafting patterns, mounts & gear that's slightly worse than base Mythic, but has a higher chance to proc terts & gemslots. Encounters introduce M+ mechanics without the immediate brutality or their punishment. Scaling is 65% more hp & 35% more damage, so they fall over quick & hit harder, but won't annihilate uninitiated parties.
- LFR drops base Heroic gear. No more welfare Epics for the plebs.
- NEW Terts. Spell Reflect, Thorns, High Jump, Elemental resistance, Buffed main stats, + gold loot %, ( you tell me what you want to see as a tertiary stat! I'd love to read your ideas )
- Get rid of Heirlooms. They destroyed lowbie/leveling crafting & rendered unique patterns & items useless.
- Remove the 'free LFD loot' bag. yeah, sure it's super convenient. It's lame.
- Remove LFD. the group finder feature remains, but LFD cues from the porch are gone. Dungeon cues are local, say: the nearest town/ hamlet within reach of each dungeon; or perhaps from the Summon Stone itself.
- a rare-drop or expensive-craft widget that allows crafters to make gear specifically for their level
( that one's for US! )
- a 3rd or Neutral faction. Could be complex, considering that most of our major questlines come from Faction leaders; but could also be very freeing & very creative. Possibly, based on rep, you could play through any & all quests in the game on a single character.
- More to do with reps. More quests, dailies, gear/trinks, xMog & unique rewards, additional hearthstones, etc.Get a real feel for being exalted with them
- More Races. OGRES, for starters. Saurok, Kalu'ak, Vrykrul, Tanuka, Jinyu, Wolvar, Furbolg. Forest & Stone Trolls, Skinny 'Asmongold' Humans. Undead versions of each race for the Forsaken.
Hey... why not the SL races?! Tell me there aren't people out ther that wouldn't want to play as Revendreth vampires, Maldraxxi ghouls or Night Fae Fauns?!
- NO FLYING in War Mode. Sorry grief-raids. No more swooping.
- No more FP camps. Have buffed mobs on guard, or make them invisible in some way to the op. Faction.
- Pop-Up instances. These could be mini dungeons that offer simple encoiunters with stronger mobs than a regular quest, or something akin to platforming & exploration adventures; seeing you leap, swim, swing & uncover hidden doors through a fun, largely non-combat oriented experience.
These could ALSO be spawned from rare-drop 'Maps' that you find while adventureing. You get one of these 'Maps' & it leads you to special instance that you or you & a party alone may enter, offering content as basic as a normal quest, all the way up to M+ difficulty.
-Revitalize Abandoned Content. Warfonts are now a PvP instance, Chorghast is just there & drops loot / xMog, Islands aren't about gathering Azerite, but are now about Archeology while still featuring the rare gear drops. PvP Islands are still a resource gathering fiasco with competitive combat.
- Expanded crafting options. Would be monumental, but: If every facet of our gear had an item representative of it out in the world, then we could make gear specifically, just the way we want it; assuming we had a crafter who had the skill to do so. Only a master craftsman has the ability to weave everything into max-potency gear.
We start with https://www.wowhead.com/item=132520/heavy-scale-shirt As a template. A base [ mail chest ] is the item to be crafted, but as a master crafter you have the ability to make this item with every single crafting mat in the game. If you wanted to make it with something lik 'light scale' to boost the main stat, or 'heavy scale' to buff stamina, then those items are required. If you want to boost it's crit value then you need 'sharp osteoderm'. Vers needs 'smooth turtle shell' Mastery 'opalescent thorax' ( or something? ) get where I'm going.... to add terts, you'll need rare crafting mats like 'wriggling legs' or 'fluffy down' for slow fall, etc. For a very potent crafts, adding unique abilities or properties to gear, you'll need to find very rare world-drop widgets. These could add Stat procs, poisons like a rogues, stuns, freezes, bleeds, etc. For gem slots, a JC would be able to make the additives, allowing for a true master crafter to make... basically, what we farm for out in the world all day, but with rare dungeon blue's & Purp's unique qualities.

Thank you. very much, if you have read this far.

Oooo love the new Tert Ideas

If I could change one thing besides fully opening BG/Arena Queues, it would definitely be the terts… Scrap Avoidance, and Indestructible all together and have

Leech
(slightly buff current Leech),
Speed (add to mounted speed also),
Thorns (scaled Dmg with AP and SP),
Magical Resistance (an ALL not individual, would be too many Terts),
Mana Restoration (help healers from going oom),
CC Reduction (would love to see a FULL set of CC Reduction Tert provide like 50% CC Reduction time… this would also help balance the factions and strip some power away from the Human racial),
Extra Socket (would be nice if there was a very rare chance for the Tert slot to proc an additional socket).

Just a few ideas,

What do you think?

Oooo love the new Tert Ideas

If I could change one thing besides fully opening BG/Arena Queues, it would definitely be the terts… Scrap Avoidance, and Indestructible all together and have

Leech
(slightly buff current Leech),
Speed (add to mounted speed also),
Thorns (scaled Dmg with AP and SP),
Magical Resistance (an ALL not individual, would be too many Terts),
Mana Restoration (help healers from going oom),
CC Reduction (would love to see a FULL set of CC Reduction Tert provide like 50% CC Reduction time… this would also help balance the factions and strip some power away from the Human racial),
Extra Socket (would be nice if there was a very rare chance for the Tert slot to proc an additional socket).

Just a few ideas,

What do you think?
Thanks man, I dig your ideas. I would like to see some goofy stuff become terts as well, such as the buff % for loot/gold, high-jump & buffed regeneration. I like your CC Reduction, that's good thinking.
I think we all would like to see the curses of Inde & Avo go away, or at least be made desirable?! Inde adding stam or armor, for instance; & Avo being buffed... or just scrapped altogether, cause... yeah... fuck Avo! hahah

As for the BG's... man, I think true F2P needs to go back in the leveling que, but really; shouldn't us twinks get segregated from the general pop? Maybe get an XPOFF buff in BG's that boosts your base HP by 50% to minimize burstiness & keep our crazy asses away from poor, hapless levelers ( no matter how delicious they were )

If only we could get someone at Blizz's ear over these ideas.

big necro :PeepoGlad:

The new Dragonflight UI. Now I need to download an addon just to make the user experience more palatable.

The dynamic ZZZ constantly floating off my character's nameplate is driving me nuts lol

The new Dragonflight UI. Now I need to download an addon just to make the user experience more palatable.

The dynamic ZZZ constantly floating off my character's nameplate is driving me nuts lol

I'm not sure why there isn't a option to go back to the classic UI they've had for years. Personally I always digged using that over a addon UI or even this clunky new DF UI. Hoping for them to reinstate a classic look.

Yeah i think they should add an option for the old UI appearance, it reminds me of the simplification of modern brand logos, it's just so bland and simplistic. The 2 birdies on the edge of my action bars look too clean, where are my tarnished ones

Users who are viewing this thread