What keeps you guys going?

Bone

OG
^^^ Title
I don't know if most of you will remember me but I once was an active member of this community. So, what is it that keeps you guys going? How have you tink'd for so long boys and girls? I wish I could bring everyone back and we could all relive the fun we had. I miss those days. :(

Also, hi to everyone I haven't talked to in a few years. I still love you guys! :)

The amazing people I surround myself with in my guild.

Also, my love and passion towards the 19 bracket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid high crits that no level 19 should ever see, close warsong/arena matches and gearing a best in slot twink.

The anazing people I surround myself with in my guild.

Also, my love and passion towards the 19 bracket.

Couldn't have said it better myself

^^^ Title
I don't know if most of you will remember me but I once was an active member of this community. So, what is it that keeps you guys going? How have you tink'd for so long boys and girls? I wish I could bring everyone back and we could all relive the fun we had. I miss those days. :(

Also, hi to everyone I haven't talked to in a few years. I still love you guys! :)

Twinks to me are like novelties, you've got a few kinds of people who twink. People who main on twinks, people who come from Raiding guilds, and people who do high end PvP, all these people spend large sum's of gold on twinks because they enjoy the spirit of competition, the real sense of progression making a twink has gives you (this was huge for me in the 2004-2008 years), it's a draw to High end PvPers who want to prove they can be the best at everything, it's a draw raiders more as novelties and something they can do on their off time, the people who main on twinks go to it because the PvP dynamic at low level battlegrounds is entirely different from max level PvP, I see it as meta because it has always been more bursty, so there's more of an emphasis on positioning as apposed to average max level PvPers , there is more to it than that, but in essence the PvP dynamic is enjoyable, and in this 19s bracket, there is a fair amount of professionalism. There are stupid people everywhere tho.

Last edited:
I'm addicted tow th thrill of twinkin

Honestly its because I'm the best player in the bracket.

This bracket needs players like me--to constantly remind everyone that they are nothing and will always be nothing. The only decent players I've come across is Barb, Pizza, Sliq, and sometimes Ko.

Great question and great responses so far. I've never really thought about it, but it is pretty incredible that much of our community has been around for 5, 6, even 7 years. Back when I was in high school I took breaks from WoW several times when a new Halo or CoD came out for the XBox, but I'd always wear myself out on those games after a while. Even now, as a college student, I don't play during the school year but I always resub when I'm home for the summer. I think what draws me and most others to the bracket year over year are the friends we play with and the larger twinking community. Over the years guildmates become great friends and as I look back there are so many memories I cherish with them. Guildies aside, I love joining wsg and seeing 5-10 familiar, friendly faces. We should all pat ourselves on the back for being such a resilient, tightly-knit community.

Cheers to the next 5 years!

Honestly its because I'm the best player in the bracket.

This bracket needs players like me--to constantly remind everyone that they are nothing and will always be nothing. The only decent players I've come across is Barb, Pizza, Sliq, and sometimes Ko.

get thrashed out of stealth more shitter, worst player ive see why is this guy even in guild? agonist is obviously right about u.. when am i getting my 2200 carry

on topic.. idk why i play im pretty bored most of the time tbh ^.^ XD

The only decent players I've come across is Barb, Pizza, Sliq, and sometimes Ko.

Player is
Players ARE
The players is... wrong
The players are... correct
Sorry that really bothered me. Now that I have corrected this, I will sleep better tonight :D

[MENTION=1739]Bone[/MENTION]

For me it's the joy of winning as a team. After we came to ruin in wrath I quickly became a more casual player but I still enjoy sharing victories with teammates, especially newer members. With most Vengeance players being gone, there's 0 desire for me to show anybody up. We had such an amazing community back in the day with so many levels of competition amongst premading guilds.

Today I enter the BG with the intentions of having a game that everyone can enjoy, win or loose. I also enjoy doing things differently.

I have just returned from being on tour since around June (few weeks off in September)

As of right now I hope to play a few games on my main rogue and then for the greater good of the community I'll be doing what I normally do... playing a healing class instead.

Sadly with rogues being viable once more in Cata onwards we have seen a huge overpopulation of rogues and I took it upon myself to rarely, rarely play my rogue even though it is by far the only twink on my account that I enjoy playing. Through cata and mop I've mainly been playing resto sham or holy pally even though I'm absolutely garbage at healing.

I have more fun winning as a team on a resto sham than playing my baby rogue from 2006 wishing that we had more healers.

The hope that others will do the same and risk their own enjoyment for the greater good of the community is what keeps me going... And I hope that I have inspired a few others to do the same.

My twinks have become a habit for killing time. When I have an hour or two before I have to grab the girl from work, I play them.

Not just arenas or bgs, but gearing them, at different levels, and trying to create sets of gear and doing the math as to what I want to achieve on the character.

I dedicate most of my free time to music, but I must admit twinking is one of the only things I'm good at... I just tend to do it because I can.

Users who are viewing this thread