What Do You Miss About Cata?

Klinda

Legend
For me, I miss the simplicity of everything...

1. Mostly Every trial was new to the twinking scene so it was a fun learning experience for everyone.
2. IMO, classes in general were more fun to play. Rogues had ST and sprint which made them fun to play and slightly OP arguably, Mages had silence,pallies had HL, warriors with piercing howl, etc.
3. Hunters were OP(nothing new here)
4. Talents. Even though trials had only 5 talent points, they were fun to experiment with and some even required some theorycrafting with certain specs.
5. Alliance Queue times were shorter. Lol jk, US ally Q's will always be terrible :)
5. Healing was actually fun and required some effort. MOP made healing basically mindless spamming(*cough druids cough*) which in my mind really killed the meaning of being a good healer.
6. The community was much better back in cata imo. People were friendlier, friendships were being created and cherished and everyone was slowly realizing and embraced just how large this bracket had become in such a short amount of time.

For all of these reasons and more, I enjoyed Cata much more than I enjoy MOP as a trial,and I also think that Cata holds that very special place in all of our hearts for many many reasons. What are your thoughts?

fury spec

4. Talents. Even though trials had only 5 talent points, they were fun to experiment with and some even required some theorycrafting with certain specs.

^

Everything became incredibly cookie cutter with MoP.

While everyone does, its more difficult to express yourself through just your game play, you should have the ability to choose more than one talent. (or even just one spec..)

What I missed most of all was the dispel on prot warriors when mop first came out.. but now they need to be reworked alot more than just adding one affect onto one spell..

I miss being the only shaman on horde side. I was so hipster back then. And I just enjoyed healing more back then with actual mana. I had to switch to ele as soon as MoP came out because healing is so op. So, I was also the first ele shammy horde side for a couple patches. Funny how things have changed...

I miss being the only shaman on horde side. I was so hipster back then. And I just enjoyed healing more back then with actual mana. I had to switch to ele as soon as MoP came out because healing is so op. So, I was also the first ele shammy horde side for a couple patches. Funny how things have changed...

You're like the horde version of me xP

I miss Earth Shield and actually having totems, plural

I miss hybrid prot pallies and bubbling allies and dispelling said bubble

I miss druids in cheetah

I miss Keeshan's Bandana

Ohhh I miss when hunter cats gave a buff relevant to 20s. Can't forget that, despite how much anyone doesn't miss hunters. xP

*TALENT TREE'S
*Fury
*Rend
*Blood craze (fury) second wind (arms) passive healing for a warrior
*Blood and thunder (prot)
*vengeance (passive for prot)
*piercing howl
*overpower (24)
*cleave (24)
*heroic throw silence (gag order in prot) 24's had 100% silence chance with 2/2 I think?
*secondary weapons, like gun's and bow's for additional stats
*The reason for being a nelf to smeld/charge

and being able to kill and not be killed by resto spec's

Everything was new and shiny and the community was a bit stronger as people were working on pushing the boundaries of the trial account. It was a ton of fun being part of (arguably) the most innovative thing in WoW in a long time with a group of people that were all in it together. Now that most everything has been discovered and the BiS guides are all written and whatnot, people seem to care a lot less about the communities they are a part of. It was actually bearable to do Sunday fishing with people you knew and were happy for when they got their Keefer's.
For example — theorycrafting warlocks with Bizr, asking Pinochet for help writing intricate macros, relying on Solvogero to find an obscure consumable, and of course competing against people for achievement points — all made for a tight-knit community.

Also, most of the classes had significantly higher skill caps, which made learning a new class pretty fun and worthwhile.

This is an awesome post, +1 haha.

P.S. I'm sorry to have been so absent from TI for so long! I miss these forums and hope to lurk around these pages a little more often. Not sure I'll be playing much (thanks, 5.4 :p) but miss my friends here <3.

fury warrior 1000 crits

20 agility ..er sockets in like stuff.

prot heals and shield silencing all 3 people

priests

every class being viable

oh and someone mentioned 24 agility cat buff

the time when Quel Thalas, Gallywix, Ragnaros, Nemesis, Tol Barad, Drakkari servers never showed up in a scoreboard

The moment when I realized how mad I got when I got farmed yet kept turning around and farming myseld then finally quit farming

Learning my class

Learning how to play

Not seeing a 24 in bgs for days

Relatively fun bgs

Seeing the same faces all the time challenging myself to "1-up" them

The longer ally Q's... I miss actually being able to do something before the next bg pops :/

The thing I miss most though is just the excitement for singlehandedly winning a pug or getting a new achievement or getting a new boa or BiS item.. I mean now it's like so what I'm supposed to do that every bg, so what I have over 300 other ones, so what I'm just gonna end up deleting it right away anyways to save space.. Cata just had the "fresh" and new feeling for me

What do i miss about cata?

Nothing really, prime days of low level pvp were classic, tbc and a little wotlk. Blizzy messed it further up after that. Talents and skills per class were alot better and skilled players were alot easier to recognize, i guess this counts a little for cata, but thats gone now.

Users who are viewing this thread