weather-beaten

like Eliot, it also didn't change for me.

i am not going to accuse you for lying SSB64

i had the exact copper/grey loot, white loot whatever, in all my 4 bags.

but i deleted the 4 SS i had because i thought this trick simply doesn't work or else i could post before maintainance vs after maintainance SS (but they are gonna look exactly the same! lol)

today isn't even a major patch so you probably got confused somewhere with your fishing bags SSB64.

glancealot said:
like Eliot, it also didn't change for me.

i am not going to accuse you for lying SSB64

i had the exact copper/grey loot, white loot whatever, in all my 4 bags.

but i deleted the 4 SS i have because i thought this trick simply doesn't work or else i could post before maintainance vs after maintainance SS (but they are gonna look exactly the same! lol)

today isn't even a major patch so you probably got confused somewhere with your fishing bags SSB64.

I only kept 1 bag - so no I didnt get confused.

And I will check again next week to see if the bag has changed. Perhaps the trick is to only keep 1 bag? Anybody else keeping 1 bag want to check theirs?

And I dont give a fuck if you want to accuse me of lying, go ahead lmfao - I'm just here trying to figure shit out with this new patch like everybody else!

SSB64 I looted at least one item out of my bags, this may have something to do with it? Can anyone else confirm/deny?

Eliot said:
SSB64 I looted at least one item out of my bags, this may have something to do with it? Can anyone else confirm/deny?

If its gonna change you must leave the bag like you got it..

Vincent said:
If its gonna change you must leave the bag like you got it..

ya i agree. you have to leave the bag untouched.

on related note, does it matter if it's in your backpack or in your bank? because i had all mine in my bank so maybe that's why they didn't change? i am just taking wild guesses now lol...

Alright thanks for quick confirmation guys.

Eliot said:
Alright thanks for quick confirmation guys.

curious tho, what was so important in the bag that you decided to loot it?

glancealot said:
curious tho, what was so important in the bag that you decided to loot it?

Nothing I just took the money :\

UPDATE: I've done it a bunch more times and still have not gotten a single hat.

done on 3 characters every day since the patch, have it on two characters now, everyone except my hunter

the drop rate seems about the same probably

Woot! Got my hat on my 19 pally today, today being my 4th attempt! Screw you probability!

I think them fishing gods are laughing at me, just as they did with my Warrior (when I got 6 boots and no hats in them fishing competitions)

3 days now, and only a tiny crab in my net! Sillyness!

jailbot said:
Didn't you get it from the turney?

If so how many attempts did that take? :3

well there was a period of time when blizz slapped a lvl req on the actual looting of the black-tip shark that lasted for ~16 weeks I ticketed after abt 4-5 weeks. After they fixed the looting ability they slapped a lvl req on it. I got it abt 1 or 2 weeks after that had happened. Its hard for me to pin point the actual # of tries (bags) it took but I think it was somewhere between 10-15 bags.

Since the daily has been here I've done it on 5 different toons including Secclusion. One of them, the lvl 10 druid, got the hat on the 2nd day so far.

CoffeePower said:
Woot! Got my hat on my 19 pally today, today being my 4th attempt! Screw you probability!

thanks for confirming that it still drops.

again, people, do post here if you get it, we need to know that it still drops/its drop rate isn't nerfed on a daily basis.

glancealot said:
thanks for confirming that it still drops.

again, people, do post here if you get it, we need to know that it still drops/its drop rate isn't nerfed on a daily basis.

I think we can safely assume that the hat will continue dropping until stated otherwise. Its a pretty major endgame RP item and blizzard wouldnt take it away from endgamers to spite us. Having its lvl req reinstated is much more likely, and if that happened i feel confident that every body would know about it very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread