Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

psh life steal on a warlock would be much better . imagine a rework returning affliction to its glory days in wotlk where u had all 3 of your dots and together they would almost kill somebody . then stack life stealing for all of your dots. and maybe toss in a little cleave for even more self healing !

I thought the warlock's glory days were back in vanilla when fear didn't have diminishing returns, and would not break from damage.

I thought the warlock's glory days were back in vanilla when fear didn't have diminishing returns, and would not break from damage.
sorry i played a 2h enh shaman way back then :p and ill have you know i clicked storm strike like a fucking BAUSS

All changes look good so far, except from the hit + expertise taken out.

Blizzard takes out the old, rusty stats of the game, and adds new and exiting stats to the game.

The Stats are dead! Long live the Stats!

Last edited by a moderator:
I,for one, am very glad they are making BOA heirlooms into collections. This will be such a relief (especially after they nerfed the HP > JP conversion).

psh life steal on a warlock would be much better .
you already have lifesteal on warlocks ingame, a glyph allow corruption or immolation (depending on your spec) to act as a hot, also soul link (3% of your damage converted as heal for you and your pet)

defending the end boss in alterac bg as affliction was quite epic in tbc, oh let me pull for you with that instant fear

Hey folks!

My goal with this post is to compile the changes in the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion as they apply to trial accounts. Obviously, this early into the process, there will be a lot of speculation involved. Things will change as the expansion draws closer and more concrete information becomes available; I'll try and keep this list as accurate and up-to-date as possible. Ideally this will eventually turn into a comprehensive F2P patch notes post.

Warlords of Draenor Changes Relevant to F2P Accounts
Updated 11/10/2013

General:

• Character models will receive graphical updates. This will include new hairstyles as well.
  • Vengeance will increase tanking abilities instead of pure AP.
  • Position requirement (such as "must be behind target") for abilities removed.
  • Alliance racial passives reworked to be roughly 2-3% damage increase. The idea is that Alliance will have stronger passives and Horde will have stronger active racial abilities.
  • New Adventure Guide shows things you can do, what your character can work on. Customized to your character.

Itemization:

• Gear scaling / item level "squish" will occur.
  • The primary stats on armor will now change based on your spec.
  • Dodge, Parry, Hit and Expertise stats removed. Hit and Expertise soft caps will be baseline for melee/ranged.
  • Adding new stats such as Amplitude (crit damage) and Readiness (CD reduction).
  • Tertiary stats - bonus stats that can appear on gear that don't count towards the item level budget. Lifesteal, avoidance, sturdiness, movement speed, cleave, and more.
  • Armor will become a good tanking stat again, Spirit will be good for healers.

Inventory:

• Pets and Mounts are collected now, but WoD will be adding Heirlooms, Toys, and maybe Tabards. All of these are Account Wide!
  • You can flag items as Favorites and summon a Favorite mount.
  • Bags are now auto sortable in the default UI.
  • Bags highlight items that were added since you last opened them.
  • Bags highlight the quality of items.
  • Bags show an icon on Vendor Trash.
  • No more quest items in your bags!
  • Larger stack sizes.
  • Craft directly from your bank.

Quests:

• Quest chains that are important and have important lore and story will be indicated with an icon.
  • The quest UI has been updated to combine the map and quest log and help guide the quest experience better.
  • The map will show you where you left off on the important storyline quests.

PvP:

• Battleground scores will be added to give players an idea how how they are doing in the battleground. It fills out by doing damage, healing, capturing objectives, and contributing to the battleground.
  • The Honor system will stay in place, but the end of battlegrounds or arenas will give you a random chance to win bonus items, honor, BoE gear, and more.
  • Several major PvP-related UI improvements, including updates to help you track and communicate with your team about objectives in Battlegrounds.

Class Changes:

Hunter

• Hunters will be getting updated weapon sounds in WoD.

Rogue

• Backstab removed entirely.

Warlock

• Warlocks will receive a significant rework.

Note: I'm assuming for the time being that we will be unable to access Draenor or the Garrison feature. If that turns out to be incorrect, I will be sure to add that information as well.

Love this changes !! Cant wait until the new Xpansion comes !!

i hope this xpac can bring back old friends that i met at start of f2p...

im scared about what will happen with the stat squishing. were going to be hitting for 10 damage and as a balance druid im full int gear which makes my dots tick for 41 and not 35. that small, nuanced change will be canceld out by the new changes with stat squsiihgng and im suprised that nobody is concernec about that here.

im scared about what will happen with the stat squishing. were going to be hitting for 10 damage and as a balance druid im full int gear which makes my dots tick for 41 and not 35. that small, nuanced change will be canceld out by the new changes with stat squsiihgng and im suprised that nobody is concernec about that here.

The idea is that the squish should have no effect on a character's relative power. Here's a quote from Blizzard on MMO-Champion:

Your relative power won't change, just the numbers. The speed at which you kill things won't change.

Basically it will be just as easy to kill things as it is now before the squish, the numbers will just be a lot smaller. You may see lower stats and reduced damage numbers, but enemies will have reduced damage and health as well to even things out.

This is all assuming the squish even affects level 20 characters, we really have no idea at this point. Unless Blizzard screws this up pretty badly, it shouldn't be a cause for much concern.

The idea is that the squish should have no effect on a character's relative power. Here's a quote from Blizzard on MMO-Champion:

Basically it will be just as easy to kill things as it is now before the squish, the numbers will just be a lot smaller. You may see lower stats and reduced damage numbers, but enemies will have reduced damage and health as well to even things out.

This is all assuming the squish even affects level 20 characters, we really have no idea at this point. Unless Blizzard screws this up pretty badly, it shouldn't be a cause for much concern.

Actually, yesterday I asked on WoW-Insider how the item squish would work, and it actually looks like it wont affect F2P stats that much after all. They highlighted that the item squish was intended for the massive gear stat jumps between expansions, and since there is no expac below level 60, the gear below level 60 will not be affected much. I expect the general healthpool to only go down about 10-15% or so.

They highlighted that the item squish was intended for the massive gear stat jumps between expansions, and since there is no expac below level 60, the gear below level 60 will not be affected much.

Yeah this was basically my impression as well. It seemed to me like people were expecting that 6% figure that's been thrown around to be an across-the-board change, when in fact it's probably only an example for how the current super-inflated level 90 gear might end up.

They want to reduce the gap between each expansion, but I don't think they want you to keep the same gear from lvl 59 to 76. They have to keep an evolution, and to do so they have to reduce even low level gear.
Furthermore, keep in mind low level gear didn't have so much stats before Cata.

Users who are viewing this thread