Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

I think the joke is the "it's not airborne" lies that the CDC is telling.

I know we're getting WAY OT here, but those counties are overrun by it because that's where the US tests its bio weapons. Ebola is patented.

This shit is straight out of V for Vendetta.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

I know we're getting WAY OT here, but those counties are overrun by it because that's where the US tests its bio weapons. Ebola is patented.

Spooky. I'll try and steer us back ot.

Have p2p chants really been nerfed? From what I've read in other threads is that they still function as they did before. Or is this something we'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out.

I consider myself a fairly liberal person who generally looks at the USA's history as full of revisionism aimed at putting ourselves in a positive light. I really think we are guilty of a lot of things that generally get hushed up or overlooked.

But you sir are full of genuine melarky.

snopes.com: Does the CDC Own an Ebola Patent?

The patent is so that researchers can do research to develop vaccines without having to pay.

I dunno if it's been posted here, but I just learned Feral and Guardian druids get thrash at level 14. We finally get an AoE back! :D

I consider myself a fairly liberal person who generally looks at the USA's history as full of revisionism aimed at putting ourselves in a positive light. I really think we are guilty of a lot of things that generally get hushed up or overlooked.

But you sir are full of genuine melarky.

http://www.google.com/patents/CA2741523A1?cl=en

Snopes is a disinfo site.

That's a patent for a titled "EboBun" virus. Patents in the scientific community refer directly to discoveries rather than biological creations intended for chemical warfare.

Don't believe me? Ask yourself why a diabolical government would bother patenting the use of your perceived extermination virus. That makes absolutely no sense.

Back to the purpose of the patent discovery,

"The present invention is based upon the isolation and identification of a new human Ebola virus species, EboBun. EboBun was isolated from the patients suffering from hemorrhagic fever in a recent outbreak in Uganda."

They discovered a series of nucleotides that is a different version of Ebola, similar to other mutations of diseases in the past (namely, the Spanish Influenza from Pigs and H1N1 from Chickens). They're documenting their find and claiming it as their own. Scientists are quite the information hoarders.

But they're not mass murderers.

Was a good read though :eek: I haven't broken out my Google Scholar thinking cap in a while.

Strayed off from the actual topic quite a bit, haven't we? :0

Yes :/ I regret doing so. On the other hand, the OP is for WoD changes, which will be live as of...well...today, actually. So it should be fairly obsolete in a bit, as it is.

It's patented to prevent someone else from doing research without paying hefty sums, and to protect the return on the investment into the vaccine.

Monsanto regularly sues farmers that save seeds to plant the next season for patent infringement. Wonder why? Because Monsanto owns the patent, it owns the crop. "Buy seeds from us, or we'll put you out of business and take your farm." It sounds ridiculous because it is, but it's also true.

Patents were expressly forbidden in the original Constitution. Why? Because they effectively eliminate the free market and allow the government to choose the winners and losers. Back to Monsanto; Clarence Thomas wrote the majority opinion when the Supreme Court allowed Monsanto to patent A FUCKING PLANT. (I'm pretty sure the The Creator owns the plants, despite what some greedy criminal bastards claim.) want to guess what Thomas did before he became a judge? He was a lawyer/lobbyist FOR MONSANTO.

the former director of the CDC, Julie Gerberding, is now the president of Merck's Vaccine Division. Hmmmm...

(The Snopes claim is that it's patented to provide free research is a bald-faced lie.)

As with everything in life, ask yourself qui bono. Who benefits? Bill Gates has a 560 million dollar investment into vaccines, including the ebola vaccine. That dude didn't become one of the wealthiest people on earth by not getting a good Return on Investment.

Follow the money. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY.

As for whether people, governments even, are above mass murder for profit, if you think they wouldn't stoop that low, you haven't been paying attention. History is replete with examples.

I dunno if it's been posted here, but I just learned Feral and Guardian druids get thrash at level 14. We finally get an AoE back! :D

FInaly, now we can tank a dungeon as a guardian druid.

Just writing this here as it is a change that affects everyone (including f2p's). I was collecting candy buckets around Azeroth and Pandaria and noticed that Blasted Lands no longer has buckets. Also, Westwind Rest in Kun Lai Summit is phased unless you have done the quest line (I assume), so unfortunately unless this is fixed, no panda bucket achi for f2p.

Has anyone else noticed this or have I been impatient while waiting for the buckets/npc's to appear and buggered off too soon?

Just writing this here as it is a change that affects everyone (including f2p's). I was collecting candy buckets around Azeroth and Pandaria and noticed that Blasted Lands no longer has buckets. Also, Westwind Rest in Kun Lai Summit is phased unless you have done the quest line (I assume), so unfortunately unless this is fixed, no panda bucket achi for f2p.

Has anyone else noticed this or have I been impatient while waiting for the buckets/npc's to appear and buggered off too soon?

I just finished the eastern kingdoms achieve this morning. Alliance side. Candy bucket was there, in a phased, unexploded Nethergarde. Couldn't say for Pandaria as I've not made it that far yet.

some class balancing:

Class Tuning Changes - Forums - World of Warcraft

Not all F2P, but too lazy to prune it. Yay druids! Yay shamans!

Death Knight
• Scourge Strike’s damage has been increased by 50%.
• Necrosis’ damage has been increased by 67%.
• Unholy Might now increases Strength by 5% (down from 10%).

Druid
• Starfall’s damage has been increased by 75%.
• Starfire’s damage has been increased by 25%.
• Starsurge’s damage has been increased by 25%.
• Wrath’s damage has been increased by 25%.

Hunter
• Adaptation now increases Combat Experience’s damage increase to 70% (down from 85%).
• Chimaera Shot’s damage has been reduced by 13%.
• Focusing Shot now has a 2.5 second cast time (down from 3 seconds), and its damage has been increased by 25%.
• Kill Command’s damage has been increased by 20%.

Mage
• Frostbolt’s damage has been reduced by 20%.

Priest
• Mental Anguish now increases damage by 3.125% per point (up from 2.5%).

Shaman
• Elemental Blast’s damage has been increased by 20%.
• Shamanism now increase Lightning Bolt damage by 70% (up from 36%).

Warrior
• Ravager’s damage has been reduced by 25%.
• Slam’s damage has been reduced by 30%.
• Whirlwind’s damage has been reduced by 30%.

I like this WoD expansion, our level bracket is alot more balanced and fun, I hope this rebirths the population of the f2p community.

Interesting comments in the Warlords of Draenor Developer Q&A regarding another pass at low level abilities (at about 27 minutes in).

"The level at which you get certain abilities is inconsistent across classes..." Kris Zierhut

Ion Hazzikostias: "Or interrupts, things like that."

So expect some more changes in the xpac.

Users who are viewing this thread