Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

I only hope they will tone down this stupid retarded burst and give each class some kind of mobility to actually have a chance vs the pest of the bracket --> hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F2P will suffer hard when they have to go vs 29s
As if 24s were's tough enough as it is.
Extra health, damage, abilities and a glyph spot.

Lets hope that the "upscaling" continues to help out a little to minimise the blow.
It really is not the abilities that are the issue. There are very few game breaking abilities between 20 and 24. Now, that is not to say there are not some important ones. The enchants that a subscriber has access to is what makes a difference. But in order to gain access to the best enchants, they too have to endure many many hours of grinding reputation.
Scaling and teamwork is what keeps the trial accounts to where they can have fun in battlegrounds.
The class I play only loses one snare going from 20-24 and it shares a cool down with three spells. As resto, a shaman stands to gain one snare totem at lvl 26 and earth shield at level 26 and an additional offensive spell at lvl 28, that's it. Nothing super awesome like lava burst, fire elemental, healing totems, windfury weapons(yet). Chain lightning may prove to be a bitch to deal with in large groups since shaman will NOT be losing Rolling Thunder stacks upon death come WoD. Players may have to get used to playing spread out when an elemental is around.
Each patch and each expansion always brings new challenges. And along with it comes new opportunities.
/cheers

Sweetsidney ...

Last edited by a moderator:
instead of the last two pages of worthless banter here are 2 changes ppl haven't noticed. Siphon Life - Spell - World of Warcraft. ( base at lvl 1 atm ) also demo form increases armor by 250 and decreases stun and cc duration by 35% now

Last edited by a moderator:
Siphon Life has been listed as being a level 1 Warlock passive for quite a while now, not just on the WoD talent calculator :/ I don't think it's being added. The demo change is quite nice, though.

And in regards to the skirmish brackets potentially being 20-29 ...

Who cares? Just leave if you're not against a f2p team. It's simple and straightforward. You don't have to subject yourself to facing a team that has advantages over your own team.

Huzzah, skirmishes!

And in regards to the skirmish brackets potentially being 20-29 ...

Who cares? Just leave if you're not against a f2p team. It's simple and straightforward. You don't have to subject yourself to facing a team that has advantages over your own team.

Huzzah, skirmishes!

We could technically do that with BG's too but it's the desserter debuff that's a problem. :eek:

We could technically do that with BG's too but it's the desserter debuff that's a problem. :eek:

Exactly. Skirmishes give us the opportunity to "browse" for other f2p teams to face.

I've been putting a good deal of thought towards the basic mechanics of an addon that allowed F2Ps to "ranked queue" against other non-p2p toons. There are obvious problems, such as f2ps needing p2ps to group thus diminishing the number of potential teams. But the basic idea in and of itself, if implemented, would be a huge boon to the bracket, I believe.

i can see some serious egos popping up if skirmishes happen lol . who will be "the top team" o_O does this mean i will have to start making pally videos to rap music !?

It would be interesting if there was actually a way to quantify it. I.E., an extension of the F2P addon that adjusted a team's rating based on their result against another F2P team.

I could see that being immensely helpful for the bracket.

Ok so, I never did skirmishes when we had them. Been looking up info on how they work. Can you only challenge people of the same realm or can CRZ grouped people duke it out? Maybe somebody has a good link that lays it out...

Ok so, I never did skirmishes when we had them. Been looking up info on how they work. Can you only challenge people of the same realm or can CRZ grouped people duke it out? Maybe somebody has a good link that lays it out...

Skirmishes work extremely similarly to battleground queues. You queue up and face a random enemy team queueing.

I would think that there would be far more diversity than just the arena players on AP who occasionally play games.

1. Both Alliance and Horde can queue into each other.

2. There are potentially gear rewards based on winning Skirmishes.

3. The activity itself can filter out games against P2Ps by leaving the match at the start against them.

4. You can queue arena solo - you don't have to be grouped by a P2P to queue skirmishes.

5. There are potentially ways to actually keep track of rating based on win/losses against other F2P teams.

Skirmishes work extremely similarly to battleground queues. You queue up and face a random enemy team queueing.

I would think that there would be far more diversity than just the arena players on AP who occasionally play games.

1. Both Alliance and Horde can queue into each other.

2. There are potentially gear rewards based on winning Skirmishes.

3. The activity itself can filter out games against P2Ps by leaving the match at the start against them.

4. You can queue arena solo - you don't have to be grouped by a P2P to queue skirmishes.

5. There are potentially ways to actually keep track of rating based on win/losses against other F2P teams.

Sounds great to me. So no deserter debuff? I take it this is for 2v2 and 3v3? Is the realm pool the same a battlegrounds or is it a smaller group?

Sounds great to me. So no deserter debuff? I take it this is for 2v2 and 3v3? Is the realm pool the same a battlegrounds or is it a smaller group?

No, there should be no deserter buff :) This does of course assume that they implement Skirmishes similar to the old system. With new rewards, it's possible there could be some penalty for leaving a match early.

This would be for both 2v2 and 3v3, yes. I'm somewhat excited because I expect the 2v2 queue will be quite active, and I've always been more of a 2v2er than a 3v3 player.

The old skirmishes were inclusive of an entire battlegroup. Since battlegroups have been removed, we can only assume that so will the boundaries on Skirmishes. It should connect a large number of realms similar to how battlegrounds do currently.

I just hope they will fix wargames for f2p's. That way we could actually premade 10vs10 with others.

+ the news on the skirmishes -> arenas for f2p(even if i dislike arenas at this lvl, it would be much more entertaining that bg'ing vs 24's)

Interesting news, if this will workout, 24's will be left fighting only jaja's, the rest of us will have something better to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread