Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

That's not how it works at all. This is a business decision. If the implementation of the BOA UI is not easily removed from certain accounts, you can guarantee that Blizzard will not take the time to strip Starter Accounts of the functionality. Examples: Being able to buy pet training, but not use it. Being able to access the Auction House, but again, not use it.

Logically, to me, this means that we will have access to, at the least, the BOA UI. I don't think that necessarily means we will be able to use it, but I do think that pressing Control + U or whatever the default binding will be, will in fact pull up the BoA interface.

Now, that brings me to the next logical problem. Will Blizzard allow us to actually use the interface? I think Blizzard has set a lot of precedent for this to allow us to make an educated guess. Note, I said guess. Blizzard can and has acted on this game in ways completely unforeseeable (even patently stupid sometimes - remember Enti's Sword?).

Blizzard has not gated BoA's away from F2P twinks. That's a huge step. Let me be blunt, Blizzard knows we exist. I am 99% sure some Blizzard rep reads through TwinkInfo every once in a while because they play twinks and enjoy playing them. In other words, at least one of the readers of this website actively plays twinks and also happens to work in Blizzard. Simple numbers and logic dictate that I'm not feeling particularly bold with that claim, I think it's a given. That means that at least on some level Blizzard makes decisions related to F2P twinks (for example, giving us Archaeology). The question about F2P games is how can you convert players playing for free into paying customers?

F2P definitely does a good job at driving players to buy the game. I can't think of too many "good" F2P'rs who didn't at least at some point pay for the game, even if it was only once. That's money Blizzard didn't have. What opportunity cost exists with F2P? None really. You have a thriving community of players who are playing YOUR game and not someone else's and a good bunch of them will pay for a real account as well at least once over their playing lifetime. Some analyst at Blizzard has already figured that out.

The question then is, what would limiting BOA's for F2P twinks do? Personally, I can see negatives for paying customers. I've made at least 2-3 new accounts an expansion. I've RAF'd a lot. You know what's my least favorite part of RAFing? Buying my account and sitting there for 2 days while it processes so I can use Trade Chat, trade, the Auction House etc. EVEN THOUGH I AM PAYING FOR THE GAME. You know what else sucked? Having to make a ticket to a GM asking them to send my BoA's across my account because I couldn't do it - again, because of the 2 day limit. Every GM ever has done this for me. I've done it 5 times.

You know what will stop 100% of the BoA tickets that GM's get? A BoA interface. You know who really doesn't want to get 300000 tickets the day after the BoA interface is released? Blizzard. You know what will happen if they mess around and try to limit that interface more than they need to? It's going to bug out. Do you remember what happened the last time something bugged out (infinite PvP queues)?

Yeah. Blizzard is going to need to fire some analysts if they fuck this one up.

Pretty much what he said. Blizz is already reaping the benefits of true BOAs, since I bought game time to farm the ones I don't already have.

I know I'm not the only one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Have to wait n see. I hope u guys get everything even enchants on them (unlikely) I'm sure retrieving from boa interface will just like buying from vendor. No enchants on em etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, then we better start making a few more enchants. It's more of a minor inconvenience than anything, really.

The BoA ui is also a major expansion feature, like battle pets (which you cannot do as on a starter account). You most likely will not have access to the BoA UI as a F2P (since starter accounts are designed specifically for new players, and new players don't have tons of BoAs). As nice as it sounds to be able to have unlimited account access to BoAs, Starter accounts are meant to limit your access until you pay for the whole game. Allowing you access to the BoA UI does not sound like something they will let you do.

We actually can access the new pet and mount ui, so by your logic we will be able to use the boa ui.

I wonder if monks will be available for starter accounts, although it's more like does blizzard remember f2ps exist to change anything lol.

I hope so. Brewmaster is pretty fun at 20. Keg Smash + Breath of Fire = massive AOE. I remember a BFD run where I had 58% of the total damage.

Fun times. :)

We actually can access the new pet and mount ui, so by your logic we will be able to use the boa ui.

You can access the part of the UI that has always been available to F2Ps: the ability to use mounts/pets. You cannot participate in pet battles, which was a major expansion feature of MoP. Just like the ability to create BoAs on any toon will be a major expansion feature. So while I don't doubt you'll be able to pull up the BoA UI as a starter account player, I highly doubt you'll actually be able to do anything with it.

You can access the part of the UI that has always been available to F2Ps: the ability to use mounts/pets. You cannot participate in pet battles, which was a major expansion feature of MoP. Just like the ability to create BoAs on any toon will be a major expansion feature. So while I don't doubt you'll be able to pull up the BoA UI as a starter account player, I highly doubt you'll actually be able to do anything with it.

Pet battles are MoP content only, even when you're able to fight on Azeroth. With Pandaria being added on the Battlechest ( i hope so, and i believe that will happen in like 5 months after WoD hits ), we MAY be able to fight pet battles. We also MAY be able to make monks.

Time will answer.

The only bad thing is pet battles is not a MoP feature, it's a sub feature because people who sub even without buying MoP can do pet battles.

About BoA UI, I think it'll just work as the mounts but instead of click&drag in your action bar to use the mount, you'll click&drag in your bag to get the BoA item.

I wonder if monks will be available for starter accounts, although it's more like does blizzard remember f2ps exist to change anything lol.

NO!

The BoA ui is also a major expansion feature, like battle pets (which you cannot do as on a starter account). You most likely will not have access to the BoA UI as a F2P (since starter accounts are designed specifically for new players, and new players don't have tons of BoAs). As nice as it sounds to be able to have unlimited account access to BoAs, Starter accounts are meant to limit your access until you pay for the whole game. Allowing you access to the BoA UI does not sound like something they will let you do.

We can enter Mounts and Pets UI. By using your logic you may know that we will be able to use the new ACC WIDE BoA feature!

The ability to create BOAs on any toon is more like being able to access mounts on any toon than Pet Battles. Pet Battles are essentially new content that were part of MOP, and as there is no additional content for the BOAs themselves it wouldn't make sense for them to be restricted like Pet Battles are, unless bliz decides to add a heirloom minigame.

The ability to create BOAs on any toon is more like being able to access mounts on any toon than Pet Battles. Pet Battles are essentially new content that were part of MOP, and as there is no additional content for the BOAs themselves it wouldn't make sense for them to be restricted like Pet Battles are, unless bliz decides to add a heirloom minigame.

Heirloom minigame you say? I was just thinking about how a Darkmoon Faire app for your phone would be awesome. Like free for WoW subscribers, and you can unlock BoAs and stuff.

Pet battles are MoP content only, even when you're able to fight on Azeroth. With Pandaria being added on the Battlechest ( i hope so, and i believe that will happen in like 5 months after WoD hits ), we MAY be able to fight pet battles. We also MAY be able to make monks.

Pet battles are not MoP only, they are available to anyone who has paid for the full game. They just happened to come out in MoP as a major expansion feature.

The BoA UI is the same thing. It's a major expansion feature that will be available to anyone of any level. When they implemented the mount/pet UI, it changed nothing about the game for players on starter accounts: they've always had access to mounts and pets.

The part you are not understanding though, is that F2P accounts are intended to be for new players. Not twinks. There's no reason to allow new players access to BoAs accross their entire account.... when they won't have any BoAs because they are new players. While I understand how good it would be for F2Ps if they had access to the BoA UI, it's one of those things that will most likely be available only to paying subscribers on accounts which have been upgraded to the full game.

I don't see them putting in the UI for F2Ps as it would just encourage more F2P activity.

We have no idea if it will be available to F2P or not so ppl can speculate all they want but we'll just have to wait for official confirmation.

Pet battles are not MoP only, they are available to anyone who has paid for the full game. They just happened to come out in MoP as a major expansion feature.

The BoA UI is the same thing. It's a major expansion feature that will be available to anyone of any level. When they implemented the mount/pet UI, it changed nothing about the game for players on starter accounts: they've always had access to mounts and pets.

The part you are not understanding though, is that F2P accounts are intended to be for new players. Not twinks. There's no reason to allow new players access to BoAs accross their entire account.... when they won't have any BoAs because they are new players. While I understand how good it would be for F2Ps if they had access to the BoA UI, it's one of those things that will most likely be available only to paying subscribers on accounts which have been upgraded to the full game.

I don't see them putting in the UI for F2Ps as it would just encourage more F2P activity.

Though there is that pesky little option on your Battle.net account page to "add a starter edition"... If starter editions were strictly limited to new players, Blizz wouldn't allow existing players to add one.

I am nearly certain that 1) Blizz employees play starter editions, and 2) Blizz employees post here.

While Blizzard's official stance may be to not condone twinking, there is a reason that the two NPCs who turn off your EXP are named Behsten and Slahtz. Best In Slot. BIS. get it?

I am nearly certain that 1) Blizz employees play starter editions, and 2) Blizz employees post here.

While Blizzard's official stance may be to not condone twinking, there is a reason that the two NPCs who turn off your EXP are named Behsten and Slahtz. Best In Slot. BIS. get it?

Actually I believe their official stance is twinking was not intended. I would say making the above XP off NPCs shows that they condone it.

Truly just curious, what makes you nearly certain that a Blizzard employee plays f2p and posts here?

Users who are viewing this thread