War Within Level 20 Info

Wastewalker (leather helm) is not scaled to ilvl 84.
gonna fix :PepeComfy:

Also, you can add "?bonus=6710:42:8810" for the 3 socket helms to display a 4th socket in wowhead, even tho it's not usable.
I don't wanna add that cuz some people will get confused and think it's usable

Hmm, sorry, just so I get this right.
In TWW the BiS gear will become TBC/Wrath(situational) socketed gear again? Like it was in SL? So no more painful WoD dungeon grinding?
Yep :PeepoGlad:

I am really glad I kept all my socket quest items. hopefully the ilvl changes will impact them like the last one did.

Seeing green quest rewards be just a few stats off from epics in that helmet chart is kinda shocking. It will take very little time if you want to make a new character for whatever reason to get them to a good enough state staring out. Get to 20, fly around doing a few quests in outland, kill some BFA rares, get gems and enchants out your warbank and you're good to start doing whatever.

It almost feels like a troll by Blizzard to get people's hopes up before they destroy them at the last second and everyone is back running WoD dungeons until their eyes bleed.

I'm still a bit confused by it all. The initial developer note talked about how they wanted to make levelling easier (for whatever reason it hasn't been easy enough, maybe it's because I died to furbolgs in Ashenvale once on a shaman, idk), but all the visible changes so far do little beyond putting dungeon scaling on open quest rewards and lowering stats a bit.

Obviously this is on my mind alot and I've been bunkering every somewhat feasible blue and purple item I got. Just because... you know, why not. Can always sell it if nothing's useful after the update.

But what could possibly be the plan? Redo the power scaling so that we end up with a net profit in % despite the stat losses? I mean the changes do look really good so far, but really I want to understand what the idea behind it is.

I'm still a bit confused by it all. The initial developer note talked about how they wanted to make levelling easier (for whatever reason it hasn't been easy enough, maybe it's because I died to furbolgs in Ashenvale once on a shaman, idk), but all the visible changes so far do little beyond putting dungeon scaling on open quest rewards and lowering stats a bit.

Obviously this is on my mind alot and I've been bunkering every somewhat feasible blue and purple item I got. Just because... you know, why not. Can always sell it if nothing's useful after the update.

But what could possibly be the plan? Redo the power scaling so that we end up with a net profit in % despite the stat losses? I mean the changes do look really good so far, but really I want to understand what the idea behind it is.
They are redoing the scaling, lvl 10s will have ilvl 29 gear instead of ilvl 59, and higher levels will have a huge ilvl increase. This is to make lower levels less op and to buff higher level players.

They are redoing the scaling, lvl 10s will have ilvl 29 gear instead of ilvl 59, and higher levels will have a huge ilvl increase. This is to make lower levels less op and to buff higher level players.
I get that, I'm up to date with the numbers and all. What I'm saying is, that - despite the ilvl increase - the final stat numbers are lower across the board. Edit: Actually, hold on. Let me check something first. --- Alright I get it. This makes absolute sense.

I don't know much about stat weights for 20s, but my prot pally has 25% Crit. It seems like TBC socket plate mostly provides that stat. I don't think crit prot pally is a thing?

What filter did you use to gather this collection?

Does this mean that the AIDS 10's
( that play like they should have an auto attack macro that spams "FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU"
while they pull the whole dungeon en route to a boss you don't tag before they leave )
will NOT be an insult to groups any longer?
I sure hope so.
That being said, ALL twinks should respect groups much more than they do. Especially those... ahem

Does this mean that the AIDS 10's
( that play like they should have an auto attack macro that spams "FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU"
while they pull the whole dungeon en route to a boss you don't tag before they leave )
will NOT be an insult to groups any longer?
I sure hope so.
That being said, ALL twinks should respect groups much more than they do. Especially those... ahem
Now need the SL trinkets wasted too.

Since MoP Remix is coming, people who didn't get the loom weapons back in the days can get them now. Do we have any information what the ilvl would be on them in War Within? :thinking:

Last edited:
NGL they're pretty useful for solo'ing, but i don't use them in groups any longer, at least with the timeline trick.
Would be ok with them getting nuked tho
Btw your post in the Cata section peaked my curiosity for my retail 10. What did you mean that 10s wouldn't be OP anymore on retail?

Mind you, I have not followed any alpha content nor played retail for the past 5 or so months.

Btw your post in the Cata section peaked my curiosity for my retail 10. What did you mean that 10s wouldn't be OP anymore on retail?

Mind you, I have not followed any alpha content nor played retail for the past 5 or so months.
From a quick WoWhead look yesterday: 10s get a quite hefty stat decrease. How non-OP they will be after this... hard to say, really. One will have to hop on a PTR version and try it out.

From a quick WoWhead look yesterday: 10s get a quite hefty stat decrease. How non-OP they will be after this... hard to say, really. One will have to hop on a PTR version and try it out.
^ this.
Gear scaling in TWW will see 10's ilvl nearly halved, & 20's will have normal dungeon blues scaled up some 24 ilvl, spreading out the gap of power. Not sure what 29's will have, but you can bet it will also get buffed, but I think that dungeon mobs will be seeing their potency increased along with the gear balance.

That &... my growing disdain for disrespectful, degenerate group play, particularly by absurdly unbalanced low-level toons; & by twinks in general.
Yeah, I know... we're all shooting for being as powerful as possible. I have run ahead of the group with other twinks, indifferent to the rest of the group. I have used the broken SL trinks in normal dungeons with normal levelers... I have learned from these disrespectful mistakes.

Group play isn't just US, showing up the whole group by neglecting everyone while we run ahead to the boss who shit's our desired loot.
It's veteran players leveling alts & new players too, just seeing some of this content for the first time.
It's playing together, with people you may never meet again, but if you make a great impressions & do your part to make every dungeon run fun, by communicating & looking out for everyone; you set the right precedent for how we SHOULD play.

More balancing over-all & far less power for very low level toons is only a good thing, if only to smoothe out performance & hopefully engender more cooperative play.

Keep in mind even though ilvl is going up for 20s stats are going down.
Just as an example I am using deep fathom ring from WC
on live its stats are as follows
ilvl 61
7 stam
8 crit
17 vers.
On wowheads beta the stats are
ilvl 84
6 stam
7 crit
14 vers.

From fooling around on the beta/retail pages of various items setting them to various levels it looks like gear lvl 35 and over will see stat increases while gear 31-34 seem to stay the same and everything under that lvl is going down. I could be wrong I only spent like an hour checking random items lol.
Just as another example my lvl 30 hunters rowans rifle goes from ilvl 115 to 166 but loses 1 agi 3 stam 3 haste 3 crit and goes from 31-59 damage to 28-53.

Keep in mind even though ilvl is going up for 20s stats are going down.
Just as an example I am using deep fathom ring from WC
on live its stats are as follows
ilvl 61
7 stam
8 crit
17 vers.
On wowheads beta the stats are
ilvl 84
6 stam
7 crit
14 vers.

From fooling around on the beta/retail pages of various items setting them to various levels it looks like gear lvl 35 and over will see stat increases while gear 31-34 seem to stay the same and everything under that lvl is going down. I could be wrong I only spent like an hour checking random items lol.
Just as another example my lvl 30 hunters rowans rifle goes from ilvl 115 to 166 but loses 1 agi 3 stam 3 haste 3 crit and goes from 31-59 damage to 28-53.
I've looked at it in-depth. The sweet spot for stats remaining the same is level 42/43. Above that, stats increase, below that they're decreasing. I welcome the rebalancing. Gonna make soloing at 30 more interesting maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread