War Within Level 20 Info

Maybe a silly question but vets that have done df campaign will have all zones but will it also be the case on their linked accounts where no character have done it ?
Yeah, its an account wide unlock currently. No reason that should change. Just so long one character on your bnet has unlocked it, everyone should have it.

Between the gear changes, flying, and having what is essentially your own personal guild bank, I'm looking forward to this. With the exception of no raids, PVE is going to feel like it was back in the day for me. Flying around, doing professions on alts for myself, and running dungeons/soloing stuff.

Kind of amazing to see how limited trials where when they started in Cata, which just a small portion of vanilla content, to essentially its own full end game wow experience.

I'm glad they went this way about it with level squishes. We're essentially the same as a level 80 pre-squish or something, with additional content.

Raising the F2P cap was never the way to go. This was

Here is my Resto Shaman War Within Gear list
fmk7lyN.png

I added Epic Dungeon gear to each slot just so you can compare the stats.
Other than that I added a few different suggestions for each slot
All drops are fully procced (gem if possible and speed)
No quest reward is procced, cuz I don't have that on my Shaman.

Also for those that don't know how to check items on beta:
  • Go to https://www.wowhead.com/beta
  • Search up the item you want to scale
  • Go below the item where it says "Item Versions: Select version"
  • Click on Select version
  • Depends on the item, but generally there should be a "Scale with level" text to click.
  • if it's a dungeon item you first have to click "Dungeon: Normal", you might also have to select if it should scale as Rare or Epic.
If wowhead can't scale the item you manually scale it by changing the URL
  • ?bonus=6661 for World Drop Epics
  • ?bonus=6710:4746 for Warforged Dungeon Gear
  • ?bonus=6710 for Normal Dungeon Gear
  • For example wowhead.com/beta/item=37799/reanimators-cloak?bonus=6710
So, uh, i tried to follow your directuons because i am having a problem with an item. Wanna see if you can get it right? Its only letting me scale 110-120 haha

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/item=31658/scouts-hood?class=4&spec=261

So, uh, i tried to follow your directuons because i am having a problem with an item. Wanna see if you can get it right? Its only letting me scale 110-120 haha

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/item=31658/scouts-hood?class=4&spec=261
?bonus=7963 for green quest rewards
?bonus=7963:7964 for rare quest rewards
?bonus=7963:7965 for epic quest rewards
Had to add a space above cuz it triggered an emote otherwise, but skip that space for the URL

Quest greens seems to be ilvl 79
Quest blues ilvl 84
Quest epics ilvl 89

Seems like a lot of quest rewards on wowhead are broken, so I looked for one that was working and copied that bonus id
I also double checked that the ilvl matched up what MrGM was getting from quests at level 20. (He gets a lvl 20 quest reward at 01:10:59)

Last edited:
Do we have any idea about how https://www.wowhead.com/item=180055/relic-of-the-past-i will be affected ?
Maybe we could finally have a decent enough ilvl on crafted gear cuz the way it's going ilvl 29 looks even more miserable than it is now.
Let's be real, nobody used those relics. Maybe, just maybe, they'll use the chance to retool them into reagents that scale the item to the crafter's level, but if they didn't do it back in SL, it was probably impossible for technical reasons.

Let's be real, nobody used those relics. Maybe, just maybe, they'll use the chance to retool them into reagents that scale the item to the crafter's level, but if they didn't do it back in SL, it was probably impossible for technical reasons.
Yeah there has never been a real use to them but still it could be nice if this gear was at least somewhat useable besides xmogs.

Nah cus no1 ran around with Ghost-Iron Dragonlings for an entire expansion :FrogeConcern:
Goggles aswell for off-stat builds. Tho that one wasn't as optimal..

Nah cus no1 ran around with Ghost-Iron Dragonlings for an entire expansion :FrogeConcern:
Goggles aswell for off-stat builds. Tho that one wasn't as optimal..
That is fair. Still, all in all ill-fated try to make legacy crafting relevant is my point. It lacked in execution and I hope the idea gets another chance instead of crafting being an afterthought while leveling.

Do we have any idea about how https://www.wowhead.com/item=180055/relic-of-the-past-i will be affected ?
Maybe we could finally have a decent enough ilvl on crafted gear cuz the way it's going ilvl 29 looks even more miserable than it is now.
Last time they bumped it from level 14 to 15 and increased the ilvl a bit. This time they are doing the gear rescaling before messing with crafted stuff. So maybe the ilvl won't be as bad, but I doubt it will be great. My guess is it gets increased to require level 16 or 17.

The stuff will be fine for a 20 and under farming alt you just want to stuff with gems for speed and healing.

THese dohicky's were always broken, scaled to useless levels that never make gear ideal or even desireable.
What we NEED is a widget that you can use on any piece of gear that would immediately scale it to your exact level.
This would make twinking at any level into an incredibly interesting experience.
It might even be too OP, but since we're personally nerfing ourselves with level restrictions, not ultimately game-breaking.

fmk7lyN.png

• Depends on the item, but generally there should be a "Scale with level" text to click.
  • if it's a dungeon item you first have to click "Dungeon: Normal", you might also have to select if it should scale as Rare or Epic.
lol basically shadowlands all over again

War Within Helms for each armor type

Notes:
Gonna be scaling all slots and for each armor type eventually, just doing them while on instance lockout so might take some days.
All dungeon items are fully upgraded with socket and speed (if possible).
I will 100% miss items, if I do, just let me know and I will add them.
For quest rewards I will show all possible versions.
Gonna add more items to each slot than on my Shaman list since different classes wants different stats.
This is just to show the stats, then you can choose what item to farm.
I prefer to see the items like this over having a spreadsheet with just numbers, it confuses my brain.
If you click on the image you can then zoom in on individual items.
Once all slots are done and posted I will link to each of them in the main post so that they are not just buried in the thread.

FTZBPZx.png

Last edited:
War Within Helms for each armor type

Notes:
Gonna be scaling all slots and for each armor type eventually, just doing them while on instance lockout so might take some days.
All dungeon items are fully upgraded with socket and speed (if possible).
I will 100% miss items, if I do, just let me know and I will add them.
For quest rewards I will show all possible versions.
Gonna add more items to each slot than on my Shaman list since different classes wants different stats.
This is just to show the stats, then you can choose what item to farm.
I prefer to see the items like this over having a spreadsheet with just numbers, it confuses my brain.
If you click on the image you can then zoom in on individual items.
Once all slots are done and posted I will link to each of them in the main post so that they are not just buried in the thread.
View attachment 24281
Wastewalker (leather helm) is not scaled to ilvl 84. Also, you can add "?bonus=6710:42:8810" for the 3 socket helms to display a 4th socket in wowhead, even tho it's not usable.

Wastewalker (leather helm) is not scaled to ilvl 84. Also, you can add "?bonus=6710:42:8810" for the 3 socket helms to display a 4th socket in wowhead, even tho it's not usable.
4th socket doesnt display in game, so i doubt it will display in wowhead.

fmk7lyN.png

Hmm, sorry, just so I get this right.
In TWW the BiS gear will become TBC/Wrath(situational) socketed gear again? Like it was in SL? So no more painful WoD dungeon grinding?

Users who are viewing this thread