Wandering Isle Stayers

Herbalism, have been there since Sept 2012, only really started focusing on leveling [been on it more than my main lately] recently.

Oh, and 42% to 58... I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there Stayers! I've recently taken up residence on Wandering Isle and it is such a great place I don't think I want to ever leave. I hear there is a war between the Horde and Alliance factions and I just don't want to be a part of that mess. I'm going to stay out of the war and live peacefully here on the Isle. I just moved in on July 8 but met a few other locals who also have no desire to leave the harmonious lands we live in now.

Jongli @ Darrowmere - Community - World of Warcraft

Beneficial tip for all new Stayers:
I hear conversations of people picking classes based on movement speed (shamans). What if I told you that I am the fastest on The Wandering Isle? I have retained a permanent 50% run speed buff. How? Progressing through the questline around level 5 we all receive a quest The Passion of Shen-zin Su. You must bring the NPC Huo to the temple of five dawns. While Huo is with you he gives you a buff called Blessing of Huo. This buff gives 50% run speed. As long as you do not complete the quest he will stay with you. I've logged out and logged back in and every time I log back in, Huo is there with me by my side.

The only downside is that if you don't complete the quest, you can't progress any further in the quest line, to include opening the gates to other portions of the island. I have found that I am able to jump onto a wall, then to a building, then onto another wall which will allow me into the southern portion of the Wandering Isle. If people can't figure out where to do this(area near the gate to southern portion of map, just below temple of 5 dawns) I may fraps up a video for everyone.

Once on the other side how do you get back to the starting areas if you so desire? Jump off the island into the water and you will be ported north of the wall near the monkeys in the starting area. I have not made any attempts yet to enter the western portion of the map, but will update everyone if/when I figure it out.

Hey there Stayers! I've recently taken up residence on Wandering Isle and it is such a great place I don't think I want to ever leave. I hear there is a war between the Horde and Alliance factions and I just don't want to be a part of that mess. I'm going to stay out of the war and live peacefully here on the Isle. I just moved in on July 8 but met a few other locals who also have no desire to leave the harmonious lands we live in now.

Jongli @ Darrowmere - Community - World of Warcraft

Beneficial tip for all new Stayers:
I hear conversations of people picking classes based on movement speed (shamans). What if I told you that I am the fastest on The Wandering Isle? I have retained a permanent 50% run speed buff. How? Progressing through the questline around level 5 we all receive a quest The Passion of Shen-zin Su. You must bring the NPC Huo to the temple of five dawns. While Huo is with you he gives you a buff called Blessing of Huo. This buff gives 50% run speed. As long as you do not complete the quest he will stay with you. I've logged out and logged back in and every time I log back in, Huo is there with me by my side.

The only downside is that if you don't complete the quest, you can't progress any further in the quest line, to include opening the gates to other portions of the island. I have found that I am able to jump onto a wall, then to a building, then onto another wall which will allow me into the southern portion of the Wandering Isle. If people can't figure out where to do this(area near the gate to southern portion of map, just below temple of 5 dawns) I may fraps up a video for everyone.

Once on the other side how do you get back to the starting areas if you so desire? Jump off the island into the water and you will be ported north of the wall near the monkeys in the starting area. I have not made any attempts yet to enter the western portion of the map, but will update everyone if/when I figure it out.

Every portion of the map can be acquired even at level 1 :)

If anyone wonders how can he still level up, answer is simple: Scroll of Recall , never got up to level 40 to try but I believe that this is the only way to get out. After you log off, you are returned back to the isle.

Nope. The item does not port you anywhere when you try to use it, much like the Monk's Zen Pilgrimage, or the druids Moonglade spell for Worgens. I'm still gathering exp on the Wandering Isle only 20-30 exp per node on rested xp... I'm simply spending at least 30 hours a week recently on it... which leads to faster progression, but with the huge jump in required exp from 60 to 61... it will take at least 2 weeks per... this week I'm not really counting as I'm on vacation and can't dedicate as much time to leveling... but I'm still doing it the hard way... If I got off the isle after 40... I'd be 90 by now and my professions would be higher than 75.

Oh, and I would have the appropriate riding training, first aid, archaeology, cooking, glyphs, etc. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. The item does not port you anywhere when you try to use it, much like the Monk's Zen Pilgrimage, or the druids Moonglade spell for Worgens. I'm still gathering exp on the Wandering Isle only 20-30 exp per node on rested xp... I'm simply spending at least 30 hours a week recently on it... which leads to faster progression, but with the huge jump in required exp from 60 to 61... it will take at least 2 weeks per... this week I'm not really counting as I'm on vacation and can't dedicate as much time to leveling... but I'm still doing it the hard way... If I got off the isle after 40... I'd be 90 by now and my professions would be higher than 75.

Oh, and I would have the appropriate riding training, first aid, archaeology, cooking, glyphs, etc. :)

If that's true, if we get 20xp for nodes... Then my dream is true :D We can really get level 90 on the isle! And you, mate, you are my personal Boss. Thanks from whole my heart!

Edit: Why wont u use better gear? :)

If that's true, if we get 20xp for nodes... Then my dream is true :D We can really get level 90 on the isle! And you, mate, you are my personal Boss. Thanks from whole my heart!

Edit: Why wont u use better gear? :)

Never bothered to pick up the other professions to make them. Just started working on leveling and didn't drop it to get better gear. I was shocked when I found a vendor that sells 8 slot bags. 20 for all nodes on rested (except Earthroot which gives 30) I just wish that I could get riding training... But when I click on my flying mount it gives me the same error message as it does in no fly zones... That you can't use that here. So I don't think flying is enabled on the isle... probably didn't expect people to do this, lol.

There is hunter pets that require level 69 to tame... someday If I level my hunter I'll look into getting them.

Never bothered to pick up the other professions to make them. Just started working on leveling and didn't drop it to get better gear. I was shocked when I found a vendor that sells 8 slot bags. 20 for all nodes on rested (except Earthroot which gives 30) I just wish that I could get riding training... But when I click on my flying mount it gives me the same error message as it does in no fly zones... That you can't use that here. So I don't think flying is enabled on the isle... probably didn't expect people to do this, lol.

There is hunter pets that require level 69 to tame... someday If I level my hunter I'll look into getting them.

Which one level 69? Can it be fought? About riding, I can ride on Riding turtle (only neutral mount I have), you can try to get camels / talbuks / any other ground mount and try to use /cast NameOfMount, at least that works for me and bonne.

Which one level 69? Can it be fought? About riding, I can ride on Riding turtle (only neutral mount I have), you can try to get camels / talbuks / any other ground mount and try to use /cast NameOfMount, at least that works for me and bonne.

Sea Turtle can be used at level 1 without riding training, I have something like 100 mounts that are considered neutral, but need the riding training to use them.

None of them are level 69, they are considered exotic pets [there is a Quillen and Water Pincers] that require a Beast Mastery specced hunter to get Exotic Beasts passive ability which you don't get until level 69, despite them being a low level you can't tame those particular pets until level 69.

Users who are viewing this thread