Vent Your Frustrations II

Soaking up HKs in the FoS....
Scouts/privates aplenty.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Yes i couldn't care less about HKS, even tho im 38k off 250k account-wide. I want competitive games going.

I'd disagree, AV is one of my favorites, especially on horde side of Aerie Peak server group - we crush. But more than that I like being in that mass of like 20 vs 20 at one time and all the chaos. It's like some real fantasy warhammer/lord of the rings action right there.

I'll put it in a simple way for those arguing about F2Ps vs 29s. Some of the most miserable WSG's I've had in this game was due to having 10 F2Ps in the opposite team. Some of the most competitive WSG's I've had in this game was due to having 8 or more 29s in the opposite team. The most annoying factor about F2Ps is that they have become settled. Not only do they use 29s as a scapegoat for losses, but the accusation of 29s being aids to the bracket has become widely colloquial.

More often than not, there would have been mistakes made by you or your team that led to a loss. Therefore, It would be rational to look at your own gameplay and improve, rather than playing the blame game. By doing this, you are more likely to improve your playstyle and be viewed less as a close-minded asshole. :) Good Day!

You make good points but you seem to downplay the impact 29s have on the games. Pretend we are playing League of Legends for a moment, both teams are very skilled, but one team started without runes/masteries. Skill aside, they really aren't going to win that game. If they did, great, some miracle happened and they deserve it and it may be one of the best played games of their lives. But when I q 10+ games in a day and only win 1 or 2 because the other team has a bunch of 29s throughout the day, and I really only had fun in a few of the games (maybe not even the ones we win, cause its super boring 3-0'ing a team because they couldn't fight back) it gets a little frustrating to try and think that I might not be playing to the best of my abilities when I have other reasons to see why we keep losing.

Sure a lot of 29s are bad, you can outplay them and whatnot, but so are a lot of 20s vice versa, there's a good amount of 29s and 20s who are really good. The way it plays out is practically a dice roll at the start, who did your team and their team get, you can usually tell who wins before the match begins. That's not fun. I've been in 29 premades, I choose not to keep doing that, it's scummy. But when I see it happen all the time it makes no sense to me. It's really not that fun walking up to the enemies GY, afking to have a smoke, and coming back to find you won. Maybe these people just like to socialize during the premade but really, why do it here in this bracket then (we all know why, its because 20s are easy targets, bros wanna "show off" to their friends), why not go anywhere else and be competitive instead? Or skip WoW altogether, there's plenty of other choices.

To remain a bit more ontopic- Ignorance of what a f2p is, and p2ps who come to this bracket and don't know how to gear properly. Plz, look up a guide or something...

On a whim I decided to ticket a class-specific name for release. To my surprise the ticket succeeded and I was able to create a character with the new name. I had to try several times to delete the character I wanted to rename (mail, 'looms, etc) only to find out that the delete-to-rename 'workaround' has been hot-fixed/patch. :(

Oh, and deleting 'toon kicked me from guild, too.

I guess the money I've saved buying game time with WOW tokens means I could pay the $10 for a legit name change, but I've f2p'd so long that is anathema.

I'll put it in a simple way for those arguing about F2Ps vs 29s. Some of the most miserable WSG's I've had in this game was due to having 10 F2Ps in the opposite team. Some of the most competitive WSG's I've had in this game was due to having 8 or more 29s in the opposite team. The most annoying factor about F2Ps is that they have become settled. Not only do they use 29s as a scapegoat for losses, but the accusation of 29s being aids to the bracket has become widely colloquial.

More often than not, there would have been mistakes made by you or your team that led to a loss. Therefore, It would be rational to look at your own gameplay and improve, rather than playing the blame game. By doing this, you are more likely to improve your playstyle and be viewed less as a close-minded asshole. :) Good Day!

Did you realy put up that wall of text just so you can call random f2p players "a close-minded asshole"?

You make good points but you seem to downplay the impact 29s have on the games. Pretend we are playing League of Legends for a moment, both teams are very skilled, but one team started without runes/masteries. Skill aside, they really aren't going to win that game. If they did, great, some miracle happened and they deserve it and it may be one of the best played games of their lives. But when I q 10+ games in a day and only win 1 or 2 because the other team has a bunch of 29s throughout the day, and I really only had fun in a few of the games (maybe not even the ones we win, cause its super boring 3-0'ing a team because they couldn't fight back) it gets a little frustrating to try and think that I might not be playing to the best of my abilities when I have other reasons to see why we keep losing.

Sure a lot of 29s are bad, you can outplay them and whatnot, but so are a lot of 20s vice versa, there's a good amount of 29s and 20s who are really good. The way it plays out is practically a dice roll at the start, who did your team and their team get, you can usually tell who wins before the match begins. That's not fun. I've been in 29 premades, I choose not to keep doing that, it's scummy. But when I see it happen all the time it makes no sense to me. It's really not that fun walking up to the enemies GY, afking to have a smoke, and coming back to find you won. Maybe these people just like to socialize during the premade but really, why do it here in this bracket then (we all know why, its because 20s are easy targets, bros wanna "show off" to their friends), why not go anywhere else and be competitive instead? Or skip WoW altogether, there's plenty of other choices.

To remain a bit more ontopic- Ignorance of what a f2p is, and p2ps who come to this bracket and don't know how to gear properly. Plz, look up a guide or something...

Although I agree with some of your points, I disagree with the "you can usually tell who wins before the match begins." I know it's so damn frustrating playing a F2P when you do get facerolled by 29s. I've been there before and I totally understand how it can affect your enjoyment of the bracket. However, there are a few ways you can get the most out of game. This includes playing vital classes that will have an effect on the game. Yes, I know all classes can be important if played right. But I've found out that playing classes such as healers or FC's allows you to have a greater impact.

Although it's tough to get any positives out being GY farmed by 29s, you can get some enjoyment. For example, play with friends or fellow F2Ps, go premade! In my honest opinion, If you're premading with good F2Ps that you can rely on and you know they will fulfill their class role, you do have a chance of winning the game. Even against 10 29s. However, if you are playing against 29s who play objective, accept the loss and move on :)

Did you realy put up that wall of text just so you can call random f2p players "a close-minded asshole"?

No? Maybe you just misinterpreted it or maybe you fit into the "close-minded" category? Anywho, I meant people who generally blame 29s for losses without considering the possibility that they may not have contributed to aiding their teams victory. Either by not playing their class correctly or positioning themselves incorrectly. :)

No? Maybe you just misinterpreted it or maybe you fit into the "close-minded" category? Anywho, I meant people who generally blame 29s for losses without considering the possibility that they may not have contributed to aiding their teams victory. Either by not playing their class correctly or positioning themselves incorrectly. :)

I was reading inbetween the lines. But ofcourse i could just misinterpreted the point you are trying to make.

I don't blame all the 29s for making me lose pug battles. Most of the time the random teammembers on my side are not working together like they should.

But,

I do blame the lvl 29 premade 3 and/or 5 man groups who simq into eachother to form a 7 man (or more) rapefests which we all hate.

I think most p2p and f2p player will agree that games like that are pointless.

I like competetive games with good players on both sides.

If p2p friends like to play together, why wouldn't they make teams on both sides and try to queue into eachother for more balanced battles? Just a thought form the top of my mind. :)

What are you trying to tell me? Should i multibox my way to glory? :p

I'm pretty sure that he was trying to tell you , that you are playing on a f2p realm and seems strange that you don\t premade a lot.

And Btw, Lankypuss' point is super decent. In order to win games, you have to position better, and play your class right. Not yolooo in mid and complain why you lost etc.

Because to be honest, that's exactly what 75% of the Bracket does.

Every BG i learn new things, i think about strategies to avoid being spotted as a druid, and that's what the others should do, to bring them p2ps down.Of course it's going to take time to master your class and overthink different plays. When you die to some 29s, do not try to think, "eh, 29s, expectable", just think about the situation you were in, and what you could have done to avoit it, or still getting hit and surviving.

The plan about still getting hit and surviving cannot be done alone, or it can, but you have to be sure of what you are doing, and how many opponents are attacking you. But anyway, you might counter this argument in this way, but what if they are Yoloing in mid. That's the thing, think about a way to reach your team as soon as possible, because it will be your team killing the ones attacking you. This is more about FCing but it might serve as a dps/heals as well.

That's the thing, think about a way to reach your team as soon as possible, because it will be your team killing the ones attacking you. This is more about FCing but it might serve as a dps/heals as well.

actually, in an average noob pug (the 75% you mention) its often advisable for FC (or not) to stay as far as possible from your team, becasue its where the opposite team will be;
and expecting help is just pure desilusion ;)

becasue its where the opposite team will be;and expecting help is just pure desilusion ;)

This strategy works for me 80% of the times, but what i am saying here, is you are not going to follow your team 24/7, that's a strategy to reach your base/tot (for fcs).

I'm pretty sure that he was trying to tell you , that you are playing on a f2p realm and seems strange that you don\t premade a lot.

Ofc! I understood it. Just wanted to answer his silly comment with a silly answer(question). ;)

And yeah, I agree with you and I even agree with Lanky. I just wanted to point out the "close-minded asshole" part.

So,

While i agree with both of you guys, I hope you both understand the situation:

I could premade a lot more and try to do excactly that. But like SQPR pointer out:
Aggramar

Aggramar

Aggramar

Aggramar

Aggramar

Aggramar

Aggramar

You woot m8?

These days Aggramar is more about the quantity in stead of quality. :(

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. And it's unlikely that anyone feels offended because half of the players on Aggramar don't even visit Twinkinfo. Also a big part of the problem.

But, back on track:

You are telling me to play better, communicate and premade. Fine.

Even when doing so, a p2p premade: disc priest + rogue + rogue + hunter + feral will rape me anyway.

And I'm not making up random FotM teams. This is what they actually played like last night.

I can kite them as much as I can. But in the end i die anyway.

It go's something like this:

Running into rogue right when I leave flagroom, I moonfire, run ramp, feral opens, I trink 'n' blink, moonfire, spotting hunter coming at me, so i go ToT, I see f2p enemies run up ramp, so I go down GY, rogue opens, I blink, penance dmg, run, run, RUN, explosive shot, ambush-evi, flag returned.

A coördinated p2p premade just played objectively and due to high damage of the agi stacking, elemental force wielding melee players and the OP penance damage of disc priest i died. And maybe a lucky shot from the hunter.

I know they played good, probably even better than me. But they also have that huge advantage in damage and heals.

They premade 5 man. And it hurts.

Why can't they premade 3 man on alliance and 2(or 3) man on horde? Let them simq into eachother. So ALL players in that battle can have a fun competetive game. :)

Just some foodbuff for your brains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Running into rogue right when I leave flagroom, I moonfire, run ramp, feral opens, I trink 'n' blink, moonfire, spotting hunter coming at me, so i go ToT, I see f2p enemies run up ramp, so I go down GY, rogue opens, I blink, penance dmg, run, run, RUN, explosive shot, ambush-evi, flag returned.

May have read this already. but still a great read. :) FC'ing Book.

May have read this already. but still a great read. :) FC'ing Book.

Thanks! :)

I already know that guide. :D But I didn't read the comments yet.

Gonna keep this route and tacts in mind next time: By Lenny:

about fcing , and i can tell you that if there are people following you , and if enemy team has hunters following you , all you need to do is get flag , go tun and go directly roof , beware of rogues , if you ahve totem use it , fall down and wildcharge back to it! Then drop the flag , stealth ,wait 2 sec , get the flag , let them come to you (Not REALLY CLOSE TO YOU , but in the point where you can see them coming from roof) , when they just enteret the path to get to Roof you use your swiftness pot and go Ramp (Sometimes tunnel because the tunnel guys might be going roof, thats why a hunter is always needed in a premade so he can track humanoids), Never go directly at their ramp , you must wait and see where they come from , from your their GY side! If you see people waiting for you at the tunnnel entrance , keep waiting , they will stay there&Get boored and come ramp , be4 they do that you must check the ress timers. So if its 25 sec you can go gy. ....
Edit : Also , forgot , if you ahve displacer beast you just have to be like you are going tunnel. BUT when you are close to jump and you are getting attacked you should JUST DISSPLACER TO THE OTHER door that sends you to ramp side , thy enemy will be like , OMFG , since if thats a hunter he might propable dissengage in tunnel and goo ahead shooting you. -GuardianPawnsSoDoesFeral
Edit2: That was for a Hordie Drood. Not the roof thingy , but the standing near gy thingy. If you are alliance , you need to stay at Hordies ToT for some time , so while they are coming for you at ramp you pop your swiftness pott and run , In those cases you have 4 stacks i reccomend staying moving directly , leaving a target dummy on your back so if they all jump down you get back to tot :) !
+When their efc is a good geared druid (guardian) and you have like 3 healers and ppl are all playing mid i sugggest you and your healers go back to GY. Thats the only way you can do it , since your teamates ress at gy. And if ppl come to attack you m they will kkill the enemy!

Thanks! :)

I already know that guide. :D But I didn't read the comments yet.

Gonna keep this route and tacts in mind next time: By Lenny:

about fcing , and i can tell you that if there are people following you , and if enemy team has hunters following you , all you need to do is get flag , go tun and go directly roof , beware of rogues , if you ahve totem use it , fall down and wildcharge back to it! Then drop the flag , stealth ,wait 2 sec , get the flag , let them come to you (Not REALLY CLOSE TO YOU , but in the point where you can see them coming from roof) , when they just enteret the path to get to Roof you use your swiftness pot and go Ramp (Sometimes tunnel because the tunnel guys might be going roof, thats why a hunter is always needed in a premade so he can track humanoids), Never go directly at their ramp , you must wait and see where they come from , from your their GY side! If you see people waiting for you at the tunnnel entrance , keep waiting , they will stay there&Get boored and come ramp , be4 they do that you must check the ress timers. So if its 25 sec you can go gy. ....
Edit : Also , forgot , if you ahve displacer beast you just have to be like you are going tunnel. BUT when you are close to jump and you are getting attacked you should JUST DISSPLACER TO THE OTHER door that sends you to ramp side , thy enemy will be like , OMFG , since if thats a hunter he might propable dissengage in tunnel and goo ahead shooting you. -GuardianPawnsSoDoesFeral
Edit2: That was for a Hordie Drood. Not the roof thingy , but the standing near gy thingy. If you are alliance , you need to stay at Hordies ToT for some time , so while they are coming for you at ramp you pop your swiftness pott and run , In those cases you have 4 stacks i reccomend staying moving directly , leaving a target dummy on your back so if they all jump down you get back to tot :) !
+When their efc is a good geared druid (guardian) and you have like 3 healers and ppl are all playing mid i sugggest you and your healers go back to GY. Thats the only way you can do it , since your teamates ress at gy. And if ppl come to attack you m they will kkill the enemy!

They are kind of outdated tbh, on WoD you have to play carefully and use ToT(H) a lot. +You can no longer use Wild Charge on a totem anymore =/.

Edit: Not all of it tho, some might still be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread