Trial Twinking, R.I.P.

Bgs will be mostly p2ps and Mexicans.
Lol, what?

OT: I think that even if you pay your acc for a small period of time but as long as you don't have to pay to actually use it after that, it's still free to play. And f2ps are, in theory, in the best situation they could ever be. Rerolling, according to that, is going to be soooo easy that lazy people like me will be able to actually play another class without having to devote half of our life to gearing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If people roll F2Ps to make the bracket "more of a challenge" then there won't really be anything different, those people will still play starter F2P. Only other reason I see to be F2P is because you don't want to pay or can't afford to pay for the account. Being able to pay for 1 month and get your gear and then go back to (veteran) F2P will only help the bracket be more competitive.

Once you pay for your account, you're not a F2P anymore. Veteran accounts aren't F2P accounts. They are frozen paid accounts with F2P access so long as a sub is not active.

So basically, after you spend your 5 bucks, you are playing for free, hence you are a f2p after your sub has ended. Yeah, some tryhard f2p purists say that spend even 1 cent on the game and you are never going to be A REAL FREE TO PLAY, but it doesn't change the fact that you can play your toon basically forever for free after buying battle chest.

By your logic, linked f2ps that have had their p2p boosting them for gear and such, and unlinked f2ps who have bought tcg are p2p too.

If people roll F2Ps to make the bracket "more of a challenge" then there won't really be anything different, those people will still play starter F2P. Only other reason I see to be F2P is because you don't want to pay or can't afford to pay for the account. Being able to pay for 1 month and get your gear and then go back to (veteran) F2P will only help the bracket be more competitive.

Dwaters, i think you are wrong here. F2P doesn't mean to be a Purist. You can link your f2p with your p2p, and that wont change anything. He used his high level character to boos his lowbie, but he STILL remains a f2p.
I also think that being a f2p, is about restrictions, mostly.

veterans = buy to play (like guild wars 2), not free to play nor pay to play
end of the discussion

Y'all solving shit. What matters at the end of the day is if you play or not,and with who you play.

Plot twist,most of those people with "benefits" are plain dogshit anyway.

/thread

it's not like i'm playing lvl 20 becouse it's free lol.
You play restricted becouse you dont want any unfair advantages over the other players in the bracket. It's about honor and respect.
I only wish more ppl could understand that and play restricted for the sake of the bracket and maybe realize the more the challenge the more the fun/reward (sorry dont know how to say this in english).
xdddd

got better idea buy battlechest and be 29, now its even more competitive, its only 5bucks, then u just have to continue paying to play ur 29.

if u are going to pay, do it big.

Kincaide said:
No, what that is is a semantical difference in one poster's mind, made distinct for the purpose of bolstering an argument.

P2Ps -must- pay monthly in order to keep accessing their accounts. They are a pay-to-play account.

Veterans and Trials can -choose- to pay in order to get items, but if they stop paying, they get to keep playing. They are free-to-play accounts.

It's not that difficult of a concept.

Incorrect. A F2P account is a starter account. You make one and play it for absolutely zero dollars. A veteran account is a paid account, where a user has at least bought the full game. You can't very well call it a 'free to play' account if it costs you money to play it, regardless of whether or not you can continue to play it sans an active sub. It's fact, not semantics that makes you mistaken.

Everything else I said is 100% correct. You don't have to agree or like it, but you should probably stop trying to bait me.

CripzBlood said:
got better idea buy battlechest and be 29, now its even more competitive, its only 5bucks, then u just have to continue paying to play ur 29.

if u are going to pay, do it big.

Battle chest is $19.99. https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/game/wow

Not f2p if you don't use your neighbours wifi and didn't find your computer from a landfill.

my computer is free to get, cuz i only paid for it once, they gived me the option to pay for it montly but that would be actually paying to get computer, so i paid for it all in 1time and now i can claim i got my computer for free cuz i dont have to pay it anymore :)

-kincaide

it has been 15euros, 10euros, 5euros, price is always chaging.

my computer is free to get, cuz i only paid for it once, they gived me the option to pay for it montly but that would be actually paying to get computer, so i paid for it all in 1time and now i can claim my computer i got my computer for free cuz i dont have to pay it anymore :)

well, your computer is not free to get but it is free to use. Now, if you were renting that computer then it would be pay to use.

well, your computer is not free to get but it is free to use. Now, if you were renting that computer then it would be pay to use.

It is totally different with WoW. In order to play it, you can just download it and thats all. No need for a purchase.

well this aint going anywhere at end of the day. the ppl who want to be more OP will pay for veteran, exploit GMs ...etc

the ones who play with restrictions given, will play for the challenge of being the underdog.

just cuz blizz said u can pay to be more OP and we will still consider u starter edition its just another way to get Money out of F2Ps.

What if you pay 5 bucks just so you can be in the guild. Does that make your a horrible paid veteran?
Not at all. People here are mostly focusing in PvP i think. So yeah, having a PvE advantage isn't much of a problem =) !

What if you pay 5 bucks just so you can be in the guild. Does that make your a horrible paid veteran?

Also I believe if you click "upgrade" from WoW itself they cut a trial upgrades a deal and the BChest is till 5 bucks, not 100% sure though.

nope, i personally would use fake gametime code just to get into guild to speed up flight paths and travelling around in mount and helps with profession materials, all this does not affect pvp, so i believe its fine, just like DKs.

Users who are viewing this thread