US Tournament News!!!!

Tapout / Living / x in finals.

They'd be up there for sure. These tournaments for money/in game gold tend to bring people from outside of the bracket as well though. I remember the last tournament I was in we got rolled in a mirror by some random gladiator RMP that created toons just for the tourney lol.

It's not about fury nerfs, it's the fact there are several metas that counter or keep them locked down. Buffs to other classes can offset the ability to make them T1 in a 3v3 setting. THUG, RMP, DancingStars, and a few other builds are strong now and casters such as Shadow are going to be even stronger next patch when the meta actually establishes. We've already seen how coordinated comps can wreck melee such as Fury in WG settings. Fury is literally just a damage bot, you can do better.

It's not about fury nerfs, it's the fact there are several metas that counter or keep them locked down. Buffs to other classes can offset the ability to make them T1 in a 3v3 setting. THUG, RMP, DancingStars, and a few other builds are strong now and casters such as Shadow are going to be even stronger next patch when the meta actually establishes. We've already seen how coordinated comps can wreck melee such as Fury in WG settings. Fury is literally just a damage bot, you can do better.
I get that, but damage bot comps DO work. Look at how much turbo cleave is in the meta
Theres consequences to having 98% of your kit dedicated to nothing more than straight ahead, single target mongo damage.
turbo cleave would like a word with you. I know I know it’s not the same as 120 but when your damage output is significantly higher than any other class, if played correctly, fury should still be strong.

I'd just say you'd have to do it yourself, because Vehx actually has. Turbo was prettydogshit. Damage comps don't work without a decent peel kit or useful defensives. WW Turbo might be a different story.

If we are going to keep ragging on fury warriors, I'd consider running Ret/War too or KFC, but KFC has the CCs needed to be effective, but can still be outpeeled by other more control comps.

turbo cleave would like a word with you. I know I know it’s not the same as 120 but when your damage output is significantly higher than any other class, if played correctly, fury should still be strong.
Oh strong, for sure. Im not gonna say they arent. I'll (unsurprisingly) be playing fury in this tournament. Its a strong, even dangerous, DPS. Charge/leap mobility, AoE slow, ranged stun, absolutely stupid amounts of damage and a halfway decent defensive CD. Yea, theyre good.

But top tier? Like, I dont see fury being good into every comp in every situation like I see priests (disc AND shadow) or rogues being good. There isnt a decent RPM team thats gonna worry too hard about a fury warrior.

Actually, there was a team i faced a few days ago that was RMP, they were all multi-glad players that made 39 toons for the tourney. They were extremely good and we were playing Rsham/Shadow/Hunter into them.

Actually, there was a team i faced a few days ago that was RMP, they were all multi-glad players that made 39 toons for the tourney. They were extremely good and we were playing Rsham/Shadow/Hunter into them.

That shit was ass man, ive been racking my brain on how to go about countering it, easily locked down our healer and probably only had like 2 secs not in cc for a whole minute

Literally nothing healer could do to outplay

Hey Guys, very healthy to see this discussion taking place. But action speaks louder then words, i for one suggest we should make at least one arena night per week to get games going and try different comps together. So we can create a healthy competitive environment to help each other decide what we want to run for the tourney also to sharpen our skills as a team.

Thus the arenas should be doubled down after the patch, though some comps that have already been mentioned will always remain king. That's how it is, though it would be nice to see what other viable comps comes to light after the patch.

Lets keep this ball rolling in the arena :)

Last edited:
I will post a thread about an official Arena Night later tonight, so keep an eye out.

Users who are viewing this thread