US Tournament News!!!!

Scope

Grandfathered
Q MORE 3'S!!! (SKIRMS)

Hello,

I am hoping to get an update from any of the organizers about the status of the arena tournament.

Also while I have you here, I want to start a discussion based on arena rules for the organizers to gain some more light on what should or shouldnt be allowed.

My 2 cents.
-1 hybrid class limit
-1 class limit
-No weapon swapping
-No incendiary ammunition

Any others??

After reading the comments, I just want to say.
This community is very fun, you guys are so positive.
Round Robin tournament sounds fun too, but probably wont be able to play seeing as how I work nights on the weekends, Add some incentive, doesn't have to be monetary, maybe funded toons?
All in all, amazing.

I do think that war-gaming arenas is much faster, but lets try and push for an arena culture in this bracket, if you group q to bg that's fine, but group in pairs of 3 and q 3's (Skirm 3's)

The tier list/breakdown shit, seems really off. I speak for myself and maybe the 8-10 other guys who have been playing 3's these past few nights. Alot of the classes that have been deemed lower tier are sleeper classes. Granted, any class can have its use if played correctly.

Incendiary ammo doesn't have to be banned, I doubt a good team will play MM, it is "strong", but not "STRONGER" than Surv.

Last edited:
Here's an update: I'm scratching my balls while driving home from work right now

Yeah going off of sani’s update.. 39s still dead tourny not happening. GG

Update: traffic is dog shit n i think someone died in this car accident I'm passing

3s

Hello,

I am hoping to get an update from any of the organizers about the status of the arena tournament.

Also while I have you here, I want to start a discussion based on arena rules for the organizers to gain some more light on what should or shouldnt be allowed.

My 2 cents.
-1 hybrid class limit
-1 class limit
-No weapon swapping
-No incendiary ammunition

Any others??
I have been thinking about this, so follow me here..... Tier 1 twinks (war/disc) are worth 3 points Tier 2 twinks 2 points...tier 3 twinks 1 point.
I think that we should just put a max level of group at 6 points. So if you have a fury warrior or disc you must que with a tier 1 class also and this gets guys who don't play cookie cutter classes involved in the tournament without being rolled over in the first round.
Let me know what you think... We would need to reavaluate all classes/specs and give them new tier rankings prior to the tournament.

Examples: PMR would be possible but an arcane mage is 2 points so he would have to roll Fire or frost or the combat rogue has to run sub to hit the 6 point limit.

I have been thinking about this, so follow me here..... Tier 1 twinks (war/disc) are worth 3 points Tier 2 twinks 2 points...tier 3 twinks 1 point.
I think that we should just put a max level of group at 6 points. So if you have a fury warrior or disc you must que with a tier 1 class also and this gets guys who don't play cookie cutter classes involved in the tournament without being rolled over in the first round.
Let me know what you think... We would need to reavaluate all classes/specs and give them new tier rankings prior to the tournament.

Examples: PMR would be possible but an arcane mage is 2 points so he would have to roll Fire or frost or the combat rogue has to run sub to hit the 6 point limit.
no

Or, bear with me here, we have a one per class limit. Which is pretty standard in twink arena tournaments.

You dont have to reinvent the wheel here.

i really think that the point system balances the flavor of the month comps

To add to Sanit's Rules:

x1 healer limit
If incendiary ammunition is banned then so should crusader at least. (If this is the case then i don't see weapon swapping being a big deal)
No tidal charm/green whelp armor.

Though i don't think any weapon enchants and weapon swapping should be banned, its part of the game.

Last edited:

Yikers :confused:
Pretty sure suggestions by Gucci are not only valid but isn't this a forum to have a civil conversation on?
Clearly you guys have experience and it's your tournament, I get that but talking about some other ways to deal with the cheese is healthy imo

i really think that the point system balances the flavor of the month comps

Yikers :confused:
Pretty sure suggestions by Gucci are not only valid but isn't this a forum to have a civil conversation on?
Clearly you guys have experience and it's your tournament, I get that but talking about some other ways to deal with the cheese is healthy imo

You can look at the tier list like... 3 threads below this one and see that we can't even agree on tiers in a friendly, theorycrafting environment. What happens when we try to compile a tier list in a competitive one? With money on the line? What happens when you dont like the tier list thats created? And what happens when changes you like are made and it upsets someone else.

Twink arena tournaments arent new. This isnt something we have to figure out for the first time. There are standard issue rules most people in most brackets tend to follow.

No more than one of each class.
One healer limit.
No grandfathered gear.
Maybe no gimmicky gear (like green whelp, freezing bands, etc)
No weapon swapping.

Simple, easy to follow, familiar rules make the tournament accessible to the most people, especially people from other brackets who might want to try out 39s.

My 2c is that the tier list already is in dire need of a shape-up, so using it as a basis for restricting comps is kind of misleading currently. With that being said, twink competitions have always had simple logistical rules and I'd expect no different. As mentioned, there's no need to change up what works. My only fear with a one per class meta, is that it rules out classes with dual roles; whereas a per spec restriction would eliminate double stacking.

As for item restrictions: my thoughts are that items such as tidal charms/green whelp armors be restricted simply due to their restrictive nature in 3s, whereas in 10s it can be deemed an acceptable strategy for target swapping. Restricting incendiary ammunition I think is somewhat unwarranted as it only benefits glass cannon play which can be mitigated. With that being said, I think exploited ammunition (non-Heirloom) should be restricted through the tournament as to promote fairplay. This would allow incendiary/crusader and weapon swapping is just a stratagem that is part of the game. Is it beneficial when it works? Yes. But its not the be all end all of busted.

@Chops Freezing Bands don't proc but I'm assuming your referring to Deadman's Hands.

Users who are viewing this thread