US Tournament News!!!!

You can look at the tier list like... 3 threads below this one and see that we can't even agree on tiers in a friendly, theorycrafting environment. What happens when we try to compile a tier list in a competitive one? With money on the line? What happens when you dont like the tier list thats created? And what happens when changes you like are made and it upsets someone else.

Twink arena tournaments arent new. This isnt something we have to figure out for the first time. There are standard issue rules most people in most brackets tend to follow.

No more than one of each class.
One healer limit.
No grandfathered gear.
Maybe no gimmicky gear (like green whelp, freezing bands, etc)
No weapon swapping.

Simple, easy to follow, familiar rules make the tournament accessible to the most people, especially people from other brackets who might want to try out 39s.

I was just giving a fresh idea and a way to possibly make this tournament more enjoyable and accessible to people who don't play disc, combat, fury, or surival. Every twink tournament has the same makeup. 75% of the teams are cookie cutter comps and a handful of guys who don't care and play their mains which get rolled by the cookie cutters....oh and the 1 group of guys sub 2700 in arena who play PMR or KFC and run the table with no gear because they know how to CC.

I'm not saying we should reinvent the wheel, just realign it...shake things up a bit

Double Class means you can't do Druid/Shaman/Paladin/Monk or really any class with a dual role. Do it per spec. Arms/Fury isn't cancer and neither is Fire/Arcane. Their shit DRs and it's "T3" classes that aren't THAT strong together.

Green Whelp Armor is Leather Chest w/ Vers + 5% 10s Sleep proc on Melee; so no Deadman's Hand either.

I agree no double healer, but please @Opek2 read my comment about Incendo, it's not that busted. You can lockdown a MM hard. Just ban the exploited weapon incendos. I think Sader weap swaps would be silly to ban and how would you even enforce that?
[doublepost=1542167767,1542167641][/doublepost]Gucci, I think you underestimate the synergy that would go in 3s teams. Yes they have pre existing skills and teamwork, but the playstyle is pretty vastly different. I think any team that puts in the legwork and knows meta/capabilities at this bracket will have a competitive chance. There's a lot of variability in comps I think you're forgetting especially when the tournament will be post 8.1 where several underrated specs will be present.

I do appreciate the fresh take, I just don't think a lot of people would agree on the foundation, especially when it's so arbitrary and soon to change.

There's a lot of variability in comps I think you're forgetting especially when the tournament will be post 8.1 where several underrated specs will be present.

I do appreciate the fresh take, I just don't think a lot of people would agree on the foundation, especially when it's so arbitrary and soon to change.
:PogChamp:Can't wait for all these enhancement shamans to come out and play :^)

Double Class means you can't do Druid/Shaman/Paladin/Monk or really any class with a dual role. Do it per spec. Arms/Fury isn't cancer and neither is Fire/Arcane. Their shit DRs and it's "T3" classes that aren't THAT strong together.

Green Whelp Armor is Leather Chest w/ Vers + 5% 10s Sleep proc on Melee; so no Deadman's Hand either.

I agree no double healer, but please @Opek2 read my comment about Incendo, it's not that busted. You can lockdown a MM hard. Just ban the exploited weapon incendos. I think Sader weap swaps would be silly to ban and how would you even enforce that?
[doublepost=1542167767,1542167641][/doublepost]Gucci, I think you underestimate the synergy that would go in 3s teams. Yes they have pre existing skills and teamwork, but the playstyle is pretty vastly different. I think any team that puts in the legwork and knows meta/capabilities at this bracket will have a competitive chance. There's a lot of variability in comps I think you're forgetting especially when the tournament will be post 8.1 where several underrated specs will be present.

I said no double class and gave examples like double warrior and double mage. And the obvious way of enforcing no sader swaps is DQ’ing anyone with 2 crusader procs, or in a fury wars case 3 crusader procs

You enforce it by DQ’ing any team who has someone with 2 crusader procs at once obviously..
And about the double class thing. I said double class not double spec. I even gave examples like double warrior or double mage...

Would that be present in details w/o resorting to buff watching? I just think its not as busted when there is going to be so many control comps to counter fury. Are you playing in the bracket currently? We've had some interesting wargames as of late. Up for a vote for sure, I'm not for or against too strongly.

As for the per class thing; you said double warrior and double mage, I just think that class restriction is too restrictive. I also mentioned those two examples too and mentioned their CC tends to DR and the specs that are complementing the "T1" specs such as Fury/Arcane, aren't strong enough to warrant a 1 per class ban.

If anything all exploited enchants should be banned from tournys.
Obviously the ammo isnt exploited and idk if anyones tested it in 8.1 i just dont play with many hunters. But ive been procced on by it 3 times in 1 minutes at 20s and its pulling like 1200, thats just broken
[doublepost=1542168793,1542168673][/doublepost]
Would that be present in details w/o resorting to buff watching? I just think its not as busted when there is going to be so many control comps to counter fury. Are you playing in the bracket currently? We've had some interesting wargames as of late. Up for a vote for sure, I'm not for or against too strongly.

As for the per class thing; you said double warrior and double mage, I just think that class restriction is too restrictive. I also mentioned those two examples too and mentioned their CC tends to DR and the specs that are complementing the "T1" specs such as Fury/Arcane, aren't strong enough to warrant a 1 per class ban.
In reality the rules shouldnt be set until 8.1. That would just be the smartest way to approach this.
[doublepost=1542168889][/doublepost]But a solid 39 3v3 tournament post should be set in place, atleast letting everyone know exactly whats planned without having to dig through OP’s comments

@Opek2 come to 39s for a bit and get situated you can always add me or others we'll help ya out. The latest community is fairly welcoming ingame compared to its forum presence at times.

As for incendo, it's a very strong part of glasscannon MM play, but they can get caught up pretty quickly with the current meta in our bracket and get dominated by other comps. Incendiary isn't an exploit; but I'm referring to Incendiary on BoEs with scaled stats.

I agree as well, all exploited enchants should be barred simply due to their nature. This could incl. spellthread to BoEs as well. You can look at all the changes currently too @Opek2 so it's not too unwarranted to establish some rules when we know what classes will be tuned up. It's just under 4 weeks currently until changes. Warrior/Mage remain unchanged but Hunter does have a few changes along with Priest that are substantial. Like I said, throw it to a poll, but I'm pretty firm on the per spec over per class. My incendo one (heirloom incendo) I'm not for or against, I just think it would gut them a bit much to remove entirely.

[doublepost=1542168889][/doublepost]But a solid 39 3v3 tournament post should be set in place, atleast letting everyone know exactly whats planned without having to dig through OP’s comments

This tournament was mentioned off hand once or twice in previous threads.

There is no date set beyond "late feb, maybe"

There is no rule set in place.

We've had one conversation in disc about it.

Everyone just needs to breathe. Know that its not gonna take place for several months. I can appreciate the excitement. Hell, Im excited to play (and lose). But its very much in its infancy as an idea, much less as an event.

I just want to channel this into a mini series of tournaments tbh. What's wrong with some competitive inhouse 3s tournament for shits. Get 8+ teams and just do a round robin one weekend to get some feels. Or I don't know do another draft like we did the other night.

This tournament was mentioned off hand once or twice in previous threads.

There is no date set beyond "late feb, maybe"

There is no rule set in place.

We've had one conversation in disc about it.

Everyone just needs to breathe. Know that its not gonna take place for several months. I can appreciate the excitement. Hell, Im excited to play (and lose). But its very much in its infancy as an idea, much less as an event.
Okay so get the community involved and lets make this happen within the first 2 weeks of 8.1? Theres obviously a good amount of people already getting ready to invest in this

That's way too soon. 8.1 is 12/11 which is when the changes are going in for classes iirc.

Also, your MLG link only restricts 1 healer, 1 tank which is kind of outlandish. We can do better and simpler.

rmp mirrors only :mad:

Or THUG, or Cupid, or ManCleave, or KFC, or WW Turbo, or Dancing w/ Stars. There's a lot of really strong and even niche comps. Also you can welcome Spriest comps for the tournament as well.

Okay so get the community involved and lets make this happen within the first 2 weeks of 8.1? Theres obviously a good amount of people already getting ready to invest in this
Or check it out

We let 8.1 drop, let people get used to the changes while we make sure the people hosting the event have enough time to make it a good one.

To quote god himself... R-E-L-A-X

Honest to christ, just have a few inhouse round robins a few weeks. Let the changes drop and have the tournament post 8.1.5 whenever @Sanitarium is ready.

Honest to christ, just have a few inhouse round robins a few weeks. Let the changes drop and have the tournament post 8.1.5 whenever @Sanitarium is ready.
This.

If the community wants to help move it along, regular 3s nights with feedback on what is and isnt broken (is Greenwhelp REALLY broken in 3s? is Incendiary ammo? Is triple rogue still a cheese comp? How stupid is triple druid?) that would really be the best possible world.

Users who are viewing this thread