US Tournament News!!!!

ive been asking people to q skirms for weeks smh what more do u want from me

My 2c is that the tier list already is in dire need of a shape-up, so using it as a basis for restricting comps is kind of misleading currently. With that being said, twink competitions have always had simple logistical rules and I'd expect no different. As mentioned, there's no need to change up what works. My only fear with a one per class meta, is that it rules out classes with dual roles; whereas a per spec restriction would eliminate double stacking.

As for item restrictions: my thoughts are that items such as tidal charms/green whelp armors be restricted simply due to their restrictive nature in 3s, whereas in 10s it can be deemed an acceptable strategy for target swapping. Restricting incendiary ammunition I think is somewhat unwarranted as it only benefits glass cannon play which can be mitigated. With that being said, I think exploited ammunition (non-Heirloom) should be restricted through the tournament as to promote fairplay. This would allow incendiary/crusader and weapon swapping is just a stratagem that is part of the game. Is it beneficial when it works? Yes. But its not the be all end all of busted.

@Chops Freezing Bands don't proc but I'm assuming your referring to Deadman's Hands.
A lot of good points Enno, just like to say the reasoning behind 1 class limit. It creates more dynamic comps, if that rule was to be implemented then the most strongest comp would lean more to a particular comp as some classes spec's are just stronger then others. Scope has that rule in place to try to create more class/specs being viable arena.

I just don't think double same-role class comps are particularly strong Warrior/(Feral/Boom)/(Ele/Enh)/Rogue/Hunter etc when by nature their playstyles mimic or DR and aren't as threatening.

Singling out comps like Ret/HPal also seems a bit harsh as well; but maybe playtesting needs to be done.

I just don't think double same-role class comps are particularly strong Warrior/(Feral/Boom)/(Ele/Enh)/Rogue/Hunter etc when by nature their playstyles mimic or DR and aren't as threatening.

Singling out comps like Ret/HPal also seems a bit harsh as well; but maybe playtesting needs to be done.
This is why I wanna encourage people to start queing 3s on the reg. And to experiment with their comps.

We can theorycraft about what is and isnt broken all day. But lets get some actual information. And I also suspect that the more familiar the community is with threes, the less theyre gonna worry about fury warriors ;)

I don't understand why people get on the forums and say they want to do 3s all day long, but when i actually come to ask people to 3s in game, no one ever is down... IF i'm just not asking the right people, please add me and get games going. I'm always down and i know a few people who are as well.

I play horde as shaman/disc at 39 and leveling a monk at a TBD date lol

I also have sham/druid on ally, just neither are that geared.

Sail#11975

Please add me and we will get games going, i would love to have 39 arenas every night, even if its just people queing arena skirmishes i would be happy (At least we are getting expoff rating at least right? lul)

I don't understand why people get on the forums and say they want to do 3s all day long, but when i actually come to ask people to 3s in game, no one ever is down... IF i'm just not asking the right people, please add me and get games going. I'm always down and i know a few people who are as well.

I play horde as shaman/disc at 39 and leveling a monk at a TBD date lol

I also have sham/druid on ally, just neither are that geared.

Sail#11975

Please add me and we will get games going, i would love to have 39 arenas every night, even if its just people queing arena skirmishes i would be happy (At least we are getting expoff rating at least right? lul)

Just guessing but I suspect it's because people only want to queue with a perfect comp when all of their boys are online. I think you either need to have a bunch of people agree to solo queue or organize a test night well in advance.

After reading the comments, I just want to say.
This community is very fun, you guys are so positive.
Round Robin tournament sounds fun too, but probably wont be able to play seeing as how I work nights on the weekends, Add some incentive, doesn't have to be monetary, maybe funded toons?
All in all, amazing.

I do think that war-gaming arenas is much faster, but lets try and push for an arena culture in this bracket, if you group q to bg that's fine, but group in pairs of 3 and q 3's (Skirm 3's)

The tier list/breakdown shit, seems really off. I speak for myself and maybe the 8-10 other guys who have been playing 3's these past few nights. Alot of the classes that have been deemed lower tier are sleeper classes. Granted, any class can have its use if played correctly.

Incendiary ammo doesn't have to be banned, I doubt a good team will play MM, it is "strong", but not "STRONGER" than Surv.

i 100% agree with Scope, there are some classes that are slept on.
I think there needs to be a post that actually Defines 3v3 tier list, pug tier list, and 10v10 premade tier list.

Obviously, we haven't got to the point were this stuff is common enough, but at the point that it is, this will need to be layed out for the public in my opinion so everyone can stay educated and competitive!!!

Incendiary ammo at 29 is an absolute BEAST, it legit 1 shots nearly, but in 39 it feels negligible, and surv does pump damage at 39 too... its kind of insane survival does.

I almost never swap off MM but for a tournament I most likely would because scope is correct marks is strong yes, but a 5 second stun can't be passed up when CC is the king of 3's.

I do like the points system if it pushes people to play the offspecs that you would never see in a tournament otherwise. I don't want easy walkthroughs in arena but I also don't want to just see the same 3 classes on every single team because it is the most OP thing at the moment. Already bored with how many discs/warriors we got re-rolled in the bracket for wargames as is.(they are all warrior mains though right?)

@Chops fury isn't bad at all, its just good for mongo, healers at 39 are a lot better than 29 though, so they can handle it, and they do have a stun, i have a mock tier list already written down, but idk if i'd wanna post it lol

EDIT: JK, heres a super rough outline for arenas so far lol:

god: N/A
t1: Disc,Rsham(once 8.1 hits, probably above disc),Shadow(could be t2, but super strong),boomy,outlaw,fury,surv
t2: MM,MW,aff,rdruid?,ret,arcane(could be t1),arms
t3: WW,destro/demo,ele/enh,frost/fire,feral,protwar,holypall,bmhunt,assa/sub(could be t2)
t4: Guard,bmmonk,protpall

LMK what you guys think of that

EDIT2: added god tier, nothing in it, just for clarity, nothing really stands out to me as god tier.

Last edited:
Unless a recent patch re-broke them, Freezing Bands started proc'ing a month ago.

Possibly rebroke? I've seen at least 5 drop and none have procced & I've been asking others too about this through Disc/WGs for almost two weeks.

Confirming again after discussing in Discord: does not proc.
Screenshot something that isn't Deadman's Hand to end this debate.
[doublepost=1542222651,1542221781][/doublepost]The tier list reformed like 2-3 pages down the tier list sticky should be looked into. There's no need for 3 separate tier lists, no one does that even at endgame. You should be able to make your own decisions on what is and isn't viable for certain situations. You don't need Tier Lists for Dummies for every bracket play (3s/10s/PuG).
[doublepost=1542222681][/doublepost]T2 Arms is a joke. T3 at most. This is almost a copy-pasta of our current list in bad formatting. I mentioned adding a tier because we do use borderline useless specs with niche comps. The list was meant for playability and strength.

You also bumped for Prot War, for uhhh? I guess 8.1 changes? As if they'll be allowed even in the comp. For tier lists, all tank specs are pretty mediocre and T4/5.

You forgot HPriest too, which is getting significant buffs in 8.1 too. You should flesh out your proposed list and determine which patch or playstyle is actually being ranked. It seems more of the same of what we have with some arbitrary picks.

folks are gonna be shocked to learn that fury isnt a top tier arena spec

On the contrary, Fury should be quite strong paired with any good cc class. The damage alone keeps it top tier.

KFC and WMP both look like they’d be ridiculous. 1 trap or poly on healer with no trinket should result in a kill.

I think rogue is almost Guaranteed to be in finals. It's basically the strongest class at the moment for arenas i've seen.

Hunter is also Extremely strong as well.

IE. Thug cleave looks like it might win lol

I'll take people that I haven't seen in the Gulch this xpac for 500, Alex.

Living is a T1 healer and I'd want him on my team, but you forget the competition as well.

Users who are viewing this thread