The War Within - Changes to Gear, gems, enchants and pots.

DF dungeon gear seems better than wod warforged gear

For me it shows as ilvl 79 which is weaker than any other dungeon gear. How come you find this gear better than WoD WF ? Whatever I'm missing, I'm missing something here. Even on wowhead it shows as ilvl 79 -for instance https://www.wowhead.com/item=193743/irideus-fragment?bonus=7978 -
I don't get why they would make DF dungeon gear any different anyways tho -eh, Blizz things-
If you could explain I'd love it, thanks ^^

warbank for me says in use by another player? yes i completed the questline

logged a level 1, all my tanaan ilvl-44 gear is still 44 and useable (also on 10)

logged a 10 (main/vet account) was able to DF showing 4 dots of vigor, unable to switch flying to regular says "spell unknown", went to a flying trainer in ORG, unable to talk to the trainer. took 10 to slagmines, ooze still works. blizzard auto switched me out of BFA time, i was in DF time when testing

logged a 20 (main/vet account) able to fly both ways and switch with no issues, wow gear is 84 blue/89 epic, mechagon rings 70. my blue 84 gear also included BFA rare drops

logged a 27 (former 70) all BC gear was 32-34, a BG satchel ring and trinket was 123

So far, DF Blues are ilvl 84, greens are !~ivl 79 - not seen a Epic proc which if follows the same pattern would be ilvl 89. Also Wowhead is incorrect - still shows that BFA blues are ilvl 50 post-patch when most are @ ilvl 84 in game. Blizzard Armory/profile if geared with the post patch items is correct.

WoD WF is only ilvl 89 unless you got the grandfathered WoD items with socket/tertiary at the previous stats the new WoD are somehwat weaker.

The Northend/BC multiple socketed gear seems better overall stats than the WoD (so far) as they are ilvl 84 with 1-3 per sockets on armor.

warbank for me says in use by another player? yes i completed the questline

logged a level 1, all my tanaan ilvl-44 gear is still 44 and useable (also on 10)

logged a 10 (main/vet account) was able to DF showing 4 dots of vigor, unable to switch flying to regular says "spell unknown", went to a flying trainer in ORG, unable to talk to the trainer. took 10 to slagmines, ooze still works. blizzard auto switched me out of BFA time, i was in DF time when testing

logged a 20 (main/vet account) able to fly both ways and switch with no issues, wow gear is 84 blue/89 epic, mechagon rings 70. my blue 84 gear also included BFA rare drops

logged a 27 (former 70) all BC gear was 32-34, a BG satchel ring and trinket was 123
Currently the Warband bank was disabled by Blizzard yesterday and even with today's server restart it is still apparently disabled yet supposed it is being work on.

ooze worked in WOD in DF time, i tried ruby life pool dungeon in DF time and ooze procs were slow , damage was pretty much per tool tip

It looks like the bug on Infinitely Divisible Ooze still works, but Shadowgrasp Totem is now doing almost nothing for me. Almost every attack the totem makes is a miss, and when it does hit the damage is puny. Most boss fights I've tried it in, it does zero total damage.

Is anyone else seeing the same with these trinkets?
Confirmed for me, I've been doing some runs in Hellfire Ramparts, and the totem doesn't work, the ooze still hit like a truck.

Any bug with Dragon Glyphs? I collected all the Waking Shores glyphs, but my talent tree still shows zero glyphs to spend.
Glyphs is just a collection,not work for talent tree ,
It seem F2P just 4 energy point and 3 talent tree point
and locked 2 fly skills ,one can unlock by quest

For me it shows as ilvl 79 which is weaker than any other dungeon gear. How come you find this gear better than WoD WF ? Whatever I'm missing, I'm missing something here. Even on wowhead it shows as ilvl 79 -for instance https://www.wowhead.com/item=193743/irideus-fragment?bonus=7978 -
I don't get why they would make DF dungeon gear any different anyways tho -eh, Blizz things-
If you could explain I'd love it, thanks ^^
I just got a ring drop that have better stats than my wf ilvl89 ring, and then a chest piece but that one is worse, seems not universally better or worse

So far, DF Blues are ilvl 84, greens are !~ivl 79 - not seen a Epic proc which if follows the same pattern would be ilvl 89. Also Wowhead is incorrect - still shows that BFA blues are ilvl 50 post-patch when most are @ ilvl 84 in game. Blizzard Armory/profile if geared with the post patch items is correct.

WoD WF is only ilvl 89 unless you got the grandfathered WoD items with socket/tertiary at the previous stats the new WoD are somehwat weaker.

The Northend/BC multiple socketed gear seems better overall stats than the WoD (so far) as they are ilvl 84 with 1-3 per sockets on armor.

wod tertiaries and sockets are GFd?

wod tertiaries and sockets are GFd?

As in the ones acquired prior to prepatch have some slightly higher stats numbers - newer ones are slightly nerf'd (mentioned in top post) .

Basically farming now for missing WOD Warforge isn't as viable when Northend/Burning Crusade armor and some BC weapons are now ilvl84 multi-socketed (most are 2-3 sockets x +4 on the primary gem now @ lvl 20) to the WoD single socket ilvl 89 so the additional RNG of going for a epic proc on the BC questing gear is also not as required per se as these also went to ilvl 89 and was mostly for the Shadowlands health or speeds gems that required ilvl 87+ to use.

WoD blue trinkets/rings that were ilvl 47 (non-Epic proc) boosted to ilvl 84 (epic proc'd went to ilvl 89) and their stats are strong compared to the drops so far in Dragonflight. But again most of the ones farmed prior to this week's patch were grandfathered so re-trying on a new toon will not have the same stats.

Overall secondaries are slightly higher on items dropping post patch but it appears primary and tertiary ones are lowered especially leech was nerf'd this patch aka you don't benefit like with the prior leeching talent/abilties as example as these are now lowered % gained or pruned from the classes that had the benefit. Avoidance wasn't a strong one, and speed has to be re-tested because there are were also changes to class speed ablities/talents.

A comparsion Remix Hellscream Heirlooms were nerf'd with this patch, their ilvl went up but the intial primary stat went to +1 and the secondary stats dropped a little where as the non-SOO heirlooms stayed higher in primary/secondary but at a lower ilvl.

As in the ones acquired prior to prepatch have some slightly higher stats numbers - newer ones are slightly nerf'd (mentioned in top post) .

Basically farming now for missing WOD Warforge isn't as viable when Northend/Burning Crusade armor and some BC weapons are now ilvl84 multi-socketed (most are 2-3 sockets x +4 on the primary gem now @ lvl 20) to the WoD single socket ilvl 89 so the additional RNG of going for a epic proc on the BC questing gear is also not as required per se as these also went to ilvl 89 and was mostly for the Shadowlands health or speeds gems that required ilvl 87+ to use.

WoD blue trinkets/rings that were ilvl 47 (non-Epic proc) boosted to ilvl 84 (epic proc'd went to ilvl 89) and their stats are strong compared to the drops so far in Dragonflight. But again most of the ones farmed prior to this week's patch were grandfathered so re-trying on a new toon will not have the same stats.

Overall secondaries are slightly higher on items dropping post patch but it appears primary and tertiary ones are lowered especially leech was nerf'd this patch aka you don't benefit like with the prior leeching talent/abilties as example as these are now lowered % gained or pruned from the classes that had the benefit. Avoidance wasn't a strong one, and speed has to be re-tested because there are were also changes to class speed ablities/talents.

A comparsion Remix Hellscream Heirlooms were nerf'd with this patch, their ilvl went up but the intial primary stat went to +1 and the secondary stats dropped a little where as the non-SOO heirlooms stayed higher in primary/secondary but at a lower ilvl.

With sockets SoO heirlooms are still pretty superior up until a certain level where the socket stats don't make up for lack of base item stats. But they're def nice to have

/sigh.... Still no Warbands bank. My suspicion is Remix and retail characters could transfer some items to each other.

Dabbled in DF enchanting. None of the blues/greens I have looted (quests,dungeons,world creatures) are disenchantable. I did create a green item with tailoring and was able to disenchant it.

Last edited:
/sigh.... Still no Warbands bank. My suspicion is Remix and retail characters could transfer some items to each other.

Dabbled in DF enchanting. None of the blues/greens I have looted (quests,dungeons,world creatures) are disenchantable. I did create a green item with tailoring and was able to disenchant it.
i remember in early shadowlands we had the same problem

Users who are viewing this thread