The War Within - Changes to Gear, gems, enchants and pots.

View attachment 24432

is wowhead scaling accurate ? looks good if this is what it will be in tww

Like @Thrano sais it will most likely be the case.

Wowhead had the DF WF scaling right back in SL and considering the PTR/Beta has been running for quite some time now the numbers should be accurate.

Everything seems to point towards DSS becoming quite possibly the best weapon a ranged Hunter can ask for in TWW which I am very happy with as it does not rely on RNG (unless you feel like farming the epic version which I would advise against since it may become useless by the next xpac for all we know)

I wonder if with the pending changes to TWW Tanking - that non-Druid tanks [I believe the Gaurdian would need more Armor on items] need to look into Dodge/Parry/Avoidance as a priority for F2P-ers?
those stats are already prio if you are going full pve tank, theres a warrior armory on the armory post that is full dodge/parry

Does anyone know if we should still use the shadowlands gems in the Burning Crusade armor or do we have to use previous gems like the ones that had 2 virtues, that is, stamina + main statistic?

While I wouldn't put it past Blizz to have this be correct, only ever trust WoWhead as far as you can throw it. Also I'd still take the DSS over HW.
Heroic or Mythic hellscreams bow would slap

speaking of the hellscream bow, once i earned it on remix, i'm glad i generated like 8 of them on retail, i scoped and gem'd all of them and sent to alts.

Blizzard fpr TWW, has clowned with something that should not have been messed with and had been fine for 16 years. on prepatch BOAs will have some war bound status without enchants/gems, become soul bound with...yes. can't be mailed, this also affects warband bank

there is some QQ on this, blizz has responded there is no time to fix now, but will in a future patch in TWW, like this issue could not be undone in a hotfix

Screenshot 2024-07-23 224813.png

ICC gear on 20 still not usable (and its bad anyways)
Screenshot 2024-07-23 224828.png

ilvl 101 seems really high for a green, too bad we still can't use
Screenshot 2024-07-23 224845.png

Screenshot 2024-07-23 225132.png

Old one, can't be used
Screenshot 2024-07-23 225200.png

Old farmed helms not usable but newly farmed ones look OK stat wise. Still can't get HoA I don't believe.
Screenshot 2024-07-23 225310.png

Attachments

• 1721797046676.png
    1721797046676.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 67
I've noticed not all items are upgrading as they should. While the wod and most blue items updated to their new values, these, unfortunately, have not. Flying sometimes results in disconnects, and the Warband bank is currently unavailable. (P.S. There appears to be a trickle of new account-wide achievs coming in hours later. Expect some random stuff.)
Screenshot 2024-07-24 000330.jpg

Last edited:
now if they can just fix the warband bank and flying itll all be groovy
fix the flying ? lolololol .. damn i was looking through every clickable icon for past 2 hours thinking why couldnt i fly on my 60s in stormwind on some of my older accounts

A fun little perk of this prepatch: Getting to dual-wield staffs as a druid
Dual wielding druid.png

I'm sure we gonna have plenty bugs today, and here's my first discovery:
Game totally crashes when i select any char from top5 "favorite" list.
Not on logon, just selection. If char moves out of that list - it's fine. When another char moves there - it's fatal error.

A few surprises - (if acquired @ 19/20) --

Precious Bloodthorn Loop went to ilvl 84 (was ~ilvl 47) - Epic proc'd is ilvl 89 but other WoD one-time drop items varied in pre-patch change (from 77-84)
Rotbriar Sprout (epic proc'd) went to ilvl 89 vs 77/84 like of other Shadowlands items.

With the current reboot; hoping Warband bank is fixed - I need to test the process for F2P. Edit: No change to the Warband bank after today's restart :(

But the currency worked somewhat, only if the character you were logged on had that currency or ever had it for the transfer to work.

One oddity on one character was most items in their bags were blanked out, but certain items could be seen when cursor was over the blanked out space.

Last edited:
Warbank appears to still be offline. Either they hotfix it or wait for the next maintenance.

Zaralek Caverns a F2P bust - besides ores/herbs not much to access as most is level 70 to loot. Awaiting an Researcher's Event to start but seeing that mobs are level 70. I know via vet lvl 20s could do the Tuskarr Community Feast but for a few items.

Users who are viewing this thread