The new rogue build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanitarium said:
I wasn't sure how to take this post at first..

This was my breakdown of it:

1.) Crilicilyn acts like he/she knows what he/she is talking about.

2.) He/She makes no sense at all.

3.) He/She backpedals damn hard after first insulting Fal.

4.) He/She shit talks Fal's set up yet again.

5.) He/She talks as if he/she knows everything there is about rogues.

6.) He/She makes assumptions.

@#6: When will these kids learn not to make assumptions? Most of the time you end up being wrong.

1.) Ima dude fyi lol

2.) You seem to make alot of assumptions from something you clearly state you didn't understand ;)

3.) I definitely do not know everything about rogues, nor do I talk in any high or mighty sense.

4.) I never changed my argument, I do get annoyed when people try to refute something horribly however since attackattack or whatever clearly did not understand what was being discussed.

5.) I make no assumptions, only give opinions based on experience. GG sir

@Fal, bro, I don't give a damn how much experience at rogue PvP you have, I have 3 years on that single toon fyi, you should know that no other bracket is similar to 19 rogue PvP. Bring something to back up your statement please.

for the record crilicyn or w/e is a pretty terrible rogue

dont listen to him

run the numbers falaris i wouldnt be suprised if this works out. I remember vsing you & pwntage and when you got to me, you hit hard.

-miraged, 19 priest

edit, you cnat run with this all the time though, GL parrying a mage

I had thrown dual LS on mine to try a few things before Vengeance died since all I ever did were PUGS - but he's become quite the bank alt the last few months. I love my rogue but really got too disheartened after all the travel and speedy forms came into play.

On any note, good to see you giving this all a whirl.

Your specc and gear setup looks very interesting indeed. The huge amount of hit rating, the SnD and the expertise makes it look like an insane dps boost from melee swings.

Don't listen to the rogues who claim you are wrong Falaris. Most rogues on TI just use the specc and gear setup everyone else are using. This specc is different, and people simply flame it because it is "new".

And lol at people saying AP > hit even if you are capped with special attacks. Can't see what makes them think some AP is better than more hits.

It's really too obvious to even mention but.... A melee swing missing is doing 0 damage. But I guess OP gear in a low level bracket can make up for the lack of knowledge. Every 12 year old can make a BiS twink and act pro on forums.

Falaris said:
With a hit pot I get to 13.5% hit (16.5% with precision). Combined with 15 expertise (which is 3.75% chance to dodge/parry) means this character connects on ALOT of attacks. DPS in this bracket comes from an overpowered melee weapon, not from stacking pure AP. People just dont factor in misses into their equation often enough, or just as important dont factor in that they just die more often with 700hp than they do with 1100hp.

Just wanted to "bump" what you said there, since people seem to not be able to read ;)

Crilicilyn said:
You come off as some know it all who pro, who in fact no one has ever really heard of.

You dont know who falaris is obviously, maybe if you didnt play in a subpar bg youd know who he be. the nigga put in work before you even knew what a shadowfang or hit capped was.

now im not standing up for falaris but you need to respect your elders son. thats real talk. He done made alot of kids look dumb in the first 2 pages of this thread including you by knowing what hes talking about. Do I agree with his spec, no (3/4/3 is what id go), does it work, yes.

I tried combat, it was good but not what I was looking for. I specced sub caus I liked it. Thats what its all about yo

Orcgasm said:
I tried combat, it was good but not what I was looking for. I specced sub caus I liked it. Thats what its all about yo

wasnt you the kid argueing that 5hit>minor speed on warriors? if not im sorry, if you are then quit posting.

Orcgasm said:

I agree. I like the spec Falaris has set up is great, but you need more support IMO. IE, People snaring your target.

I like the idea of not missing your target when going toe to toe, but I get kited enough, I'm not worried about my DPS anymore. I'm more worried about my survivability.

Maybe that's what the duel LS is for.. more hits = more procs? IDK. I'd prefer a stat in OH. But with the new gear and all it's allowed people to have higher health pools so perhaps its about time I switch back from Fierys to LS's.

Sçarlet said:
I agree. I like the spec Falaris has set up is great, but you need more support IMO. IE, People snaring your target.

I like the idea of not missing your target when going toe to toe, but I get kited enough, I'm not worried about my DPS anymore. I'm more worried about my survivability.

Maybe that's what the duel LS is for.. more hits = more procs? IDK. I'd prefer a stat in OH. But with the new gear and all it's allowed people to have higher health pools so perhaps its about time I switch back from Fierys to LS's.

when we ran into falaris as priest/mage vs paladin/rogue, he didnt have to much of a problem being kited, i mean we we're not dumb but my mage game is nowhere near my warrior game. He got some nice los bofs that turned into a gouge on someone or put him is position to do some sick dps with the retdin.

Realek said:
when we ran into falaris as priest/mage vs paladin/rogue, he didnt have to much of a problem being kited, i mean we we're not dumb but my mage game is nowhere near my warrior game. He got some nice los bofs that turned into a gouge on someone or put him is position to do some sick dps with the retdin.

That's a tough duel for both. What was the outcome? I would think it would be tough for either melee class to keep up with you guys.

+ Frostbite has been proc'ing more often then I like when I go after a mage :(

Sçarlet said:
That's a tough duel for both. What was the outcome? I would think it would be tough for either melee class to keep up with you guys.

was a 9 minute game with us as the victors, it was a gd that couldve been played better on both sides imo. but falaris made it rain on us a few times (aka we was hurt alot nig).

Tunkie said:
awesome seeing you on here real! some legit words

thanks i rarely post cause most of ti is full of dumb kids that think they know alot

Sçarlet said:

I'm pretty sure I saw my 10% chance get you three times in a row yesterday.

Sçarlet said:

What rogue spec doesn't need this? People need to quit using time on target as a comparison to specs. If your being kited no matter what spec or gear setup you have your time on target will be the same. So unless you can figure out how to get shadowstep at 19 time on target makes no difference between specs. The actual DPS while on target however does.

If your not worried about DPS anymore then why would you not just use all stam gear? I'm going to assume that you don't actually do this and run around in rogue FC gear? I think there has to be a good balance between the two and 1200 HP with nice DPS as well dual Life Stealing is pretty impressive IMO.

As far as the more hits = more procs goes. The only way this is true is if one of your "misses" would have proc'd Lifestealing. As far as the proc goes, it is a 6 PPM (proc per minute) enchant. I don't know if this is based on an average or if it gets to 6 procs and then has an internal cooldown or how this actually works. Below you can see the details of the enchant.

- This enchantment will give a purple glow to the weapon.

- The enchantment has 6ppm (procs per minute), and normally does 30 Shadow damage that can be resisted (partially or wholly), and even amplified (some reports have said they received up to 92 health on some mobs in Blackwing lair]. Damage inflicted is converted into healing. Rogues with Quick Recovery will not receive a healing bonus with this proc. However, the healing bonus is not reduced when the receiver is under the effect of a Mortal Strike.

Falaris said:
[char=Shattered+Hand]Diiesel[/char]

Please dont tell me youre going to reference this toon.

Edit. After going thoroughly over your toon, its safe to say you should just leave the rogue theorycraft to the people who dont go 8/2/0 with glyph of sinister strike.

You must be stupid if you really want to go there. You know how much dmg I put out in a premade? I actually just specced out of sub a couple days ago to test out my damage output. Oh yeah, that's right, you theorycraft. I actually test shit, I dont use theories.

Here is a breakdown of gear that I know MOST will agree with

ARENA

http://chardev.org/?profile=340675

CASUAL WSG

http://chardev.org/?profile=340685

PREMADE WSG

http://chardev.org/?profile=340683

ROGUE DUEL

http://chardev.org/?profile=340680

Keep in mind that not all the stats and hp will be correct because of the lack of stats on the Bandit gear. Also that the Casual WSG spec is whatever you want it to be, its all about having fun and playing how you enjoy playing.

Edit: In response to the "I hope your not going to quote your rogue gear", I have every piece of gear in each of these sets, some with multiple enchants.

Oke it's seem my information is need again :p.

I even got asked by one of the officers on this forum to sort out the problem :p

It will take me some time to get all information neatly into a post so give me some time (raiding in a hour so will take some more time).

However the first thing I want to say it that the build that falaris runs is far from new. And I myself have been running with that spec since the day patch 3.1 launched and changed the nimble leather gloves (I already had them fully enchanted a week before the patch).

Here is my armory [char=eu-Bloodhoof]Trespasser[/char] so you can have a look

(yes I current;y have dual unholy this was to confirm whether the proc rate that I found on the PTR was the same as it's now on live. So I can use the number in my rogue calculator. I normally run dual fiery)

Diiesel said:
You must be stupid if you really want to go there. You know how much dmg I put out in a premade? I actually just specced out of sub a couple days ago to test out my damage output. Oh yeah, that's right, you theorycraft. I actually test shit, I dont use theories.

You must be stupid if you want to go there. You know how much damage I actually do on targets? Do you have any idea how the spec actually plays out? Do you realize that typically you do garrote/SS or SS/SS, then SnD, and you have 17 seconds of 16% chance to hit on 2.2 speed shadowfangs? Guess what happens in that 17 seconds? Even if you get kited off a hunter/shaman/whatever, its pretty easy to reacquire another target within that window and typically have a total of about 10 seconds use out of some speed-enhanced SFs with 16% hit.

People seem to be ignoring some basic truths about the rogue class at 19 now. They ALWAYS need support to be effective in warsong. Its a class thats almost purely about dps in 19s that has no slows, but is facing people with speed increases. Saying my spec blows because I dont have alot of time on target is like saying a certain mage spec at 19 blows because he doesnt have Blink. In fact, its actually the opposite of what youre thinking, the spec IS good because rogues dont have alot of time on target. What good is imp sinister strike when youre not trained on a target for 10 seconds at a time consistently? You MIGHT get one extra sinister strike in on occasion due to the reduced energy required due to imp SS, whereas with my build you can just drop a 2-3 point SnD and move on to the next target.

FYI, as far as 'testing shit' goes, I was this spec since transferring to Azgalor. I didnt post the spec then play it, I played the spec then listed my setup here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread