Stop GY Camping

Although both say the same thing, they can mean very different things. On the other hand they could both mean the exact same thing and the person writing like Ex.2 always writes this way no matter the circumstance. It is all situational and contextual, I just try to differentiate between the two to make my intentions less likely to be misinterpreted.

Since when did the absence or presence of punctuation, in your example, reveals the meaning of that phrase itself?

It may be relevant based on the person you adress, and even then it can be misunderstood, because it's just text.

guys staph, karmaz will wall you to death.

Since when did the absence or presence of punctuation, in your example, reveals the meaning of that phrase itself?

It may be relevant based on the person you adress, and even then it can be misunderstood, because it's just text.

Exactly, it is just an attempt to clarify the meaning.

Obviously it isn't an exact science, but just because it could be misinterpreted doesn't mean it becomes completely irrelevant, especially given the opportunity to flush out and explain the thinking behind the scenes.

Exactly, it is just an attempt to clarify the meaning.

Obviously it isn't an exact science, but just because it could be misinterpreted doesn't mean it becomes completely irrelevant, especially given the opportunity to flush out and explain the thinking behind the scenes.

Thats why opinions are like assholes, everyone got one :)

Did a great choice.

Did you understand what he meant?

Is English his first language?

Jesus you are a brickhead.

Bump, what are your thoughts on the GY camping epidemic that has newly restarted in WoD?

I think that GY farming isn't necessarily a bad thing because if I got farmed I'd be more motivated to step up my game causing more competitive games but having said that only a small percentage of the Twinking community would think like that most would rage quit
Go KFC and play 29s

- Quack

I think that GY farming isn't necessarily a bad thing because if I got farmed I'd be more motivated to step up my game causing more competitive games but having said that only a small percentage of the Twinking community would think like that most would rage quit
Go KFC and play 29s

- Quack

I am still more-less opposed to GY containment While it's effective in terms of winning, it may sometimes get out of hand.

As part of what you mentioned It kind of hurts those that want to play efficiently when their morale is not at the same level as those who are patient enough to step up.
By cause and effect, players will either:
-play on the winning faction side, reducing the amount of "fair" games, as well as the amount of games per day.
-stop playing in the bracket.

Some view the latter as eliminating future competition. It's not exactly welcoming new players to the bracket when they're faced with this issue.

It's never going to end when the only players who favor containment over a flourishing bracket are those who only play the bracket 2 months a year.

If 10-19 dies out, they hop to their 20-29 toons or 30-39 toons or take a break.

Same issue.

Same people.

Same result every time.

We all know that gy farming isn't helping us get pops. We all know that people naturally quit when they get gy farmed game after game. We all know that if we had different intentions to enter the gulch with we could have a very active bracket with many guilds premading each other. The team who's being farmed doesn't have an opportunity to overcome the illusion of competition.

The issue is that these people simply don't care. No matter what bracket they farm they could care less about activity.

The argument that these people are looking for competition and suggesting the opposition "step their game up" to counter gy farming is completely invalid.

Here is why:
If people whom roll the most powerful class/specs as a group tell the PUGs to be more competitive and create a challenge out of nowhere, they are being completely hypocritical. If they argue that they are "looking for competition" they are completely incorrect if they truly believe that's what they are doing.

If they were really seeking competition, they would be gimping themselves to lower themselves to the level by which the majority of the community operates upon. Clearly if 4 people enter a match of 20 players and these 4 people run the show and gy farm the opposing team singlehandedly, they are not matching the level of competitive attitudes found outside their own group and therefore are not looking for competition. They can be looking for a challenge as powerful as they appear to be (although everyone knows they will not find said challenge, and if they do they will evade the challenge)

If by the slightest of chances does a team group queue and the stars align with class composition, the people causing the issues just afk out anyways upon death... or they don't stay in the game long enough to see a loss.

There are no new words on the GY farming issue. I wasted countless hours back in 2011 providing every counter argument anyone could ever desire and providing every argument that creates a flourishing bracket that favors growth in our community.

When the community could care less about growth and activity, the few who do care find more rewarding things to do with their time.

Last edited by a moderator:
hear hear

He-started-it.jpg

You couldn't have said it better Mocha. Your arguments are totally on point.

Users who are viewing this thread