single drop source boes

Since this thread has sort-of become about upgrades too...

Going through the list of unknowns that I have on the quick start guide and comparing them against us.battle.net item database...open the quote for inline notes for each item

Unknowns

I'm not sure that these items drop anymore or I don't expect them to upgrade based on what I've currently seen.

Does NOT upgrade (probably)
Currently dungeon items do NOT upgrade. Some items seem to be classified as dungeon drops - and so they won't upgrade. We're not always sure why - but we haven't seen ANY epic versions, but it would be expected by now.

Also https://www.wowhead.com/item=827/wicked-blackjack - which has been confirmed to drop and upgrade - also matches. That was one of the somewhat odd cases where I wasn't sure if the data would match up.
[doublepost=1554334400,1554334279][/doublepost]Side note, is https://www.wowhead.com/item=1489/gloomshroud-armor really grandfathered? I've just been under the impression that its stupidly rare...but I don't think I recall seeing anyone brag about a drop for a long time and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/1489 has no source listed...

Then again, same for http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/5744 - which we know drops. So not sure that the drop sources is accurate...though the upgrade status seems to match everything so far...

Last edited:
Ye no idea why sek drops are listed as GFd think ive raised the issue in this thread a few times by now.

I noticed that Webwing Cloak has been marked as 'Confirmed' on the front page, but there's also talk of it later in the thread having it only come out of salvage crates from WoD. Do we have any confirmed drops on this one?

I noticed that Webwing Cloak has been marked as 'Confirmed' on the front page, but there's also talk of it later in the thread having it only come out of salvage crates from WoD. Do we have any confirmed drops on this one?

Who gives a fuck if it was found in a salvage crate? That doesnt have anything to do with it dropping or not.

Well, that's the point of my post isn't it? OP has put it as confirmed to drop, another person in the thread has said it actually has only come from salvage crates. I'm wanting to know if someone has actually gotten it to drop off the mob recently, or if I'd be wasting my time trying to farm the wyvern for this item if it has only come from the crates following the changes to the zone in Cata.

Well, that's the point of my post isn't it? OP has put it as confirmed to drop, another person in the thread has said it actually has only come from salvage crates. I'm wanting to know if someone has actually gotten it to drop off the mob recently, or if I'd be wasting my time trying to farm the wyvern for this item if it has only come from the crates following the changes to the zone in Cata.

I think he is just angry and confused

Well they did revamp it again in legion, so I dont know what has changed since, but the drop % compared to for sure GFd items is very promising. Have you checked undermine journal etc? Anyway the reason I lashed out is I have seen multiple people falsely claim that if items were found in salvage crates they are for sure GFd and that just isn't the case and it helps none spreading that around. Sorry if that was not what you meant.
[doublepost=1554562356,1554562279][/doublepost]
I think he is just angry and confused
Always but thats beside the point.

Well they did revamp it again in legion, so I dont know what has changed since, but the drop % compared to for sure GFd items is very promising. Have you checked undermine journal etc? Anyway the reason I lashed out is I have seen multiple people falsely claim that if items were found in salvage crates they are for sure GFd and that just isn't the case and it helps none spreading that around. Sorry if that was not what you meant.
[doublepost=1554562356,1554562279][/doublepost]
Always but thats beside the point.

The fact that Wowhead had it above 1% did intrigue me, but I know that website can be completely wrong or outdated sometimes. I also did take a look at undermine journal, but the listings are as uncommon and expensive as any grandfathered item (500,000g+ on a lot of servers, either L60 or L20, but nothing in-between, or unseen for awhile), which didn't give me much confidence. I think that today's method of spawning this rare may explain the cloaks rarity (if it is in fact obtainable again) though, as unless you're wanting to tame the rare as a high level hunter there's no incentive to killing the trash mobs for awhile to get it to spawn. I did kill it a handful of times today (with no success obviously) before posting to hopefully get some confirmation here.

And RE: your last point, no stress - I wasn't insinuating that crates mean an item is for sure grandfathered, I simply wanted clarification on whether there has in fact been a confirmed drop this expansion or not!

It's probably because it's something that if it was still on the loot table would proc epic.

Yes its from a rare but it doesnt drop from said rare anymore, like alot of items. Point being was that "chance to be epic" proved nothing.

Here's hoping they intended to bring back all those items, and just messed up in the implementation. Wait for next patch in hopes of more epics, I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread