Shadowmourne

Arlaren

Veteran
So I spent a few hours last night trying for SM, and my 80 paladin had a few issues. Either 1. she refused to bite someone, or 2. she 1 shot me with grevious bite.

Not sure if anyone has any experience getting it recently on a lvl 80, and if so what can I do? Haven't found any online resources.

@Blackberryy may have gotten it recently?

I've gotten mine about a year ago with no trouble.
Care to elaborate and explain how you are going about the blood infusions?

I tried it a few weeks back on my 80 Paladin and it seems to be pretty much impossible at this point. If you manage to keep aggro, you're getting meleed for 15k, to say nothing of her special attacks. But keeping aggro is all but impossible with the amount of healing you need to stay alive. Apparently, since the buff to ICC, it's just not doable for a level 80 character. I submitted a ticket and a bug report for all the good that will do. /shrug

Had a warrior on another account "tanking" the boss naked. A resto druid and a warlock for brez/ss/heals. First few attempts we went to enrage with no bites. After that, she would do the offtank attack on my pally, one shotting for 20k. I think I was bitten once on my warrior, no bites on 80 pally.
[doublepost=1553109484,1553109184][/doublepost]
I tried it a few weeks back on my 80 Paladin and it seems to be pretty much impossible at this point. If you manage to keep aggro, you're getting meleed for 15k, to say nothing of her special attacks. But keeping aggro is all but impossible with the amount of healing you need to stay alive. Apparently, since the buff to ICC, it's just not doable for a level 80 character. I submitted a ticket and a bug report for all the good that will do. /shrug
Yeah, melee one shot the few times I tried face tanking with edge equipped in prot.

How I did it in BfA with my paladin:

I bought random tank gear that I could from Dalaran, gemmed and enchanted it with stamina. I took with me a boomkin (for hots) + destro (for burning rush). Went in as a prot (shadow's edge equipped ofc), took the aggro while boomkin spammed me with hots. As soon as I got the first bite, boomin taunted and kept spamming me with hots. And then just the normal bite rotation.

How I did it in BfA with my paladin:

I bought random tank gear that I could from Dalaran, gemmed and enchanted it with stamina. I took with me a boomkin (for hots) + destro (for burning rush). Went in as a prot (shadow's edge equipped ofc), took the aggro while boomkin spammed me with hots. As soon as I got the first bite, boomin taunted and kept spamming me with hots. And then just the normal bite rotation.

...really? I had 18k health with heirloom trinkets and whatnot. I cant imagine getting much higher than that with a 2h equipped. Any idea what your stats and damage taken looked like?

...really? I had 18k health with heirloom trinkets and whatnot. I cant imagine getting much higher than that with a 2h equipped. Any idea what your stats and damage taken looked like?

If I remember correctly, she slapped me for 15k with each melee and I had around 20k hp. The first bite comes through 15sec after pull. AsI got the aggro I popped Guardian of the Anchient Kings (leasts 8sec). After the experation, used Divine Protection combined with Barkskin (40% reduce, leasts 8sec also). Bite comes through, 120 taunts it away and so on.

Still need help? Done 5 infusions in bfa 3 warriors 1 dk 1 ret all 80

I have also had a lot of trouble getting this done recently, I have an 80 DK that I'm trying to get it done on. I have access to my wifes account from time to time as well. Add Ohnata#1339 I'm willing to help others out with theirs, gotta keep it flowing around.

Users who are viewing this thread