Shadowlands Pre-Patch Check List

has anybody tested Legion rings that upgrade with Obliterum?
Yep, to even use Obliterum you need to have bloods of sargeras, which requires you to get boon of the bloodhunter on BoA shoulders and to farm for hours and hours and hours as that's the only way a low level can get them.

Also the Obliterum doesn't actually level up the piece at all. I don't know if opening a ticket would actually fix them or if Blizzard would want to retaliate on our fun even more.
unknown.png

It's supposed to get 1 ilvl per obliterum, and it starts at ilvl28. So you can see, it didn't move up at all. The stats also didn't move.
[doublepost=1603480269,1603480177][/doublepost]
Lol dude. Blizz has been working HARD for a week solid to nerf our shit, give it time.
I'd like to believe you, but I don't think it will happen. There is something weird about how it's already slotted that they can't do anything about it. We've had this problem before with relics. Also Legion items were the very first thing nerfed, yet they didn't touch the relics players already had slotted. WoD got nerfed and then immediately the items we had got nerfed the very next day. Why wouldn't they have done that with Legion?

Yep, to even use Obliterum you need to have bloods of sargeras, which requires you to get boon of the bloodhunter on BoA shoulders and to farm for hours and hours and hours as that's the only way a low level can get them.

Also the Obliterum doesn't actually level up the piece at all. I don't know if opening a ticket would actually fix them or if Blizzard would want to retaliate on our fun even more.
unknown.png

It's supposed to get 1 ilvl per obliterum, and it starts at ilvl28. So you can see, it didn't move up at all. The stats also didn't move.
[doublepost=1603480269,1603480177][/doublepost]
I'd like to believe you, but I don't think it will happen. There is something weird about how it's already slotted that they can't do anything about it. We've had this problem before with relics. Also Legion items were the very first thing nerfed, yet they didn't touch the relics players already had slotted. WoD got nerfed and then immediately the items we had got nerfed the very next day. Why wouldn't they have done that with Legion?

dang so it’s not upgrading like it’s supposed to, it’ll probably get a fix; don’t see that being one of those things that gets “fixed” i really feel like anything obtainable with relics of the past are legitimate equips rather than a bug or exploit; i could be wrong though

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/malganis/daddywompxl

Well, this is my gear. They just nerfed over half of it and I don't have legion weps so I'm out until further notice lol. I don't think legion gear will compensate for the lack of wep damage =/
I feel you man. It’s not like it’s a random slot either. It’s a fucking weapon. I was too busy scraping up all the BC gear to actually do the legion dungeons but I had my artifact in time. Despite latest nerfs I’m still at ilvl 41 with offsets and 3/4 legion quest. If there’s no way to bridge that weapon ilevel gap, I don’t think I’ll be playing in a 20s bracket. Not salty about the ones that got it, just bummed I was too slow.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/dvzx

I feel you man. It’s not like it’s a random slot either. It’s a fucking weapon. I was too busy scraping up all the BC gear to actually do the legion dungeons but I had my artifact in time. Despite latest nerfs I’m still at ilvl 41 with offsets and 3/4 legion quest. If there’s no way to bridge that weapon ilevel gap, I don’t think I’ll be playing in a 20s bracket. Not salty about the ones that got it, just bummed I was too slow.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/tichondrius/dvzx

Feels bad man. All the people doing the PTR stuff said Relics would be the first thing to go due to their findings. Chops even said in threads to farm those first thing ASAP.

Those who chose a different path now walk the lonely road.

All i lost today so far has been my boots and weapon. I cant tell a difference in how many hits mobs in dungeons are taking. maybe a few more nerfed items and I will see a 2 shot happen on a normal mob.

yeah my heals or damage took no nerf, i lost like 100hp and 1% crit... even if they nerf everything BC gemmed is still OP (just like everyone said)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/malganis/daddywompxl

Well, this is my gear. They just nerfed over half of it and I don't have legion weps so I'm out until further notice lol. I don't think legion gear will compensate for the lack of wep damage =/
Srs? The BASE Level Artifact Weapon with zero Relics and full Dungeon Blues AT Level with NO Sockets/Tertiary or Enchants, Level 10's are still OPAF. Levels 14/19/20 gain even MOAR shit to use like 2 Socket Trinkets, Epic Helms with Meta + Socket, etc.

One of my lvl19 character had a full set of ilvl44 gears, it also had a set of bc dungeon 2 and 3 socket gears gotten when it was lvl14 (can't remember which lvl exactly), so the bc gears is only ilvl18, I replaces the ilvl44 one by one with the bc gear and each time my aim shot dmg increases.. I think after a week of commotion, socketed gears with those +3 crimson gems will still be useful, if I collect these dungeon gear again at lvl19, the increase in dmg would be even more significant. I also notice on several realms AH crimson gem prices are on the rise.. Each toon needs about 10-12 gems.. So you might want to keep some extra in your bags if you are planning to raise more toons.

One of my lvl19 character had a full set of ilvl44 gears, it also had a set of bc dungeon 2 and 3 socket gears gotten when it was lvl14 (can't remember which lvl exactly), so the bc gears is only ilvl18, I replaces the ilvl44 one by one with the bc gear and each time my aim shot dmg increases.. I think after a week of commotion, socketed gears with those +3 crimson gems will still be useful, if I collect these dungeon gear again at lvl19, the increase in dmg would be even more significant. I also notice on several realms AH crimson gem prices are on the rise.. Each toon needs about 10-12 gems.. So you might want to keep some extra in your bags if you are planning to raise more toons.

I just ask /2 for someone who wants to sell Mark of Honor. Paying X each. I found someone give me marks for like 500g each which I thought was fine. (by give me they trade for the gem)

I just ask /2 for someone who wants to sell Mark of Honor. Paying X each. I found someone give me marks for like 500g each which I thought was fine. (by give me they trade for the gem)
Why are the marks so expensive? Is that the same marks use to buy pvp Saltwater Potion?

EDIT (10/23): Blizzard has nerfed all ilvl 44 gear from Apexis Crystal "assault" rares except for rings/necks/cloaks even ones obtained prior to them hot fixing new drops. Best of luck on farming your BC dungeon gear and socketed crafting gear!

EDIT (10/23): Blizzard has nerfed all ilvl 44 gear from Apexis Crystal "assault" rares except for rings/necks/cloaks even ones obtained prior to them hot fixing new drops. Best of luck on farming your BC dungeon gear and socketed crafting gear!

I'm assuming neck, back, and rings are next to get nerfed? Also could anyone confirm if rings and back can socket? If so, those will still be bis or close I think.

So, I've been testing some of the crafted sets with good 2/3 piece bonuses using Relics of the Past.

Spiritmend 2 piece is 13 versatility. Deathsilk bonus is 9 int. They appear to be identical in terms of scaling. The level 14 bracers are 2/3/1/1. The item you are most likely to combine them with at this point is either going to be boots or shoulders. The boots are 3/5/3/3 stat block.

Unfortunately, when I sent it to my low level character, the set bonus adjusted to their level. For a level 11 I sent it to, the set bonus went down to 4. I don't have a 14 or 15 on which to test what it would appear to be there, but I expect it wouldn't be more than 5-6. A level 29 saw the set bonus as 12 on Spiritmend. My guess is this means all sets have some kind of set bonus level scaling.

This probably means that either we craft Bracers of Havoc(2/3 with a socket and a 1 crit bonus), Blackstrike(4 crit/1 vers with a socket and a 1 sp bonus), or unyielding bracers(4 stam/1 vers with a socket and a 1 crit bonus).

There is also relic of the past jewelry from a few expansions with sockets if the need arises eventually. Of the rings, it looks as if the savage titanium stuff will probably be strongest, the melee ring in particular being 2 main stat, 3 stam, 3 crit, 3 vers with a socket and a crit bonus. For necklaces, the outland necklaces follow suit with their superiority. Amulet of Flowing life is a 2/3/3/3 with a socket and a 2(!) vers bonus.

Some were discussing stopping twinks at 14, but I think 15 would be more reasonable. More access to some instances plus the talent.

Last edited:
I'm assuming neck, back, and rings are next to get nerfed? Also could anyone confirm if rings and back can socket? If so, those will still be bis or close I think.

For the ones that drop from rares, they do indeed socket and roll tertiary stats
SXwNuuk.jpg
08jJxNx.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread