Shadowlands for twinks

Gear changes a lot in this game, so you wont be able to get enchants for your new gear.... but srsly... we don't know anything yet they might even kill the whole starter edition thing, depending on if they got new customers this way.

All speculation gotta wait and see.

But what REALLY amuses me are all the wild theories and Ideas people come up with on this Forum. Like destroying gear and twinking a char now that might just scale to the best level etc. xD

im bad at maths based off wat we know about the 120 becoming 50, wat would a 101 become roughly? (not worrying about how much xp is on the bar)
one more fucking time

nobody. knows.

will it be a linear squish? nobody knows
will it be a progressive curve? nobody knows
regressive curve? nobody knows
Will it be based on level? nobody knows
or on total xp? nobody knows
Will the scale everyone, 1-120? Or 10-120? Or 5-120? nobody knows

Say it with me folks:

Nobody knows.

im bad at maths based off wat we know about the 120 becoming 50, wat would a 101 become roughly? (not worrying about how much xp is on the bar)
Speculation: Right now, a level 120 to 50 conversion translates to 2.4 levels in BfA to 1 level in Shadowlands, so if it's a straight conversion, you'd divide your current level by 2.4. A level 70 character would translate to 29.17, which would probably mean level 29 plus a 17% toward 30. But again, we don't know the formula yet.

Source: Wowhead
Source: Youtube

Last edited:
Speculation: Right now, a level 120 to 50 conversion translates to 2.4 levels in BfA to 1 level in Shadowlands, so if it's a straight conversion, you'd divide your current level by 2.4. A level 70 character would translate to 29.17, which would probably mean level 29 plus a 17% toward 30. But again, we don't know the formula yet.

Sweet! My level 1 will be level 0.416 !!!

one more fucking time

nobody. knows.

will it be a linear squish? nobody knows
will it be a progressive curve? nobody knows
regressive curve? nobody knows
Will it be based on level? nobody knows
or on total xp? nobody knows
Will the scale everyone, 1-120? Or 10-120? Or 5-120? nobody knows

Say it with me folks:

Nobody knows.

/snicker. get triggered much?

Thanks, but I just wanted to see if I could piss someone off with a question I was half interested in. (2 birds 1 stone kinda thing)
im bored waitin on BETA too.

My predictions:

1) There will be a stat squish, even though they say it won't happen, (didn't want to make the crowd mad). It happens every expansion, so that the new x-pac seems more powerful. Also they won't allow leveling from 10-50 in every x-pac to include BFA without the stat squish. Because everyone would only level in BFA for highest stat gear.

2) FTP and/or Veteran accounts will be locked to Exile's Reach. This will allow the developers to control the population so no other "unintended gameplay" occurs. It will also separate those players from "quality of life" content, i.e. mount, profession, trainers. It will also encourage players to have active subscriptions in order to partake in the new content.

3) While on Exile's reach, players will be "isolated" from their faction, i.e. their faction symbol on the character selection screen will be greyed out. Once they have completed the starter quest chain and reunited with their faction the faction symbol with colorize. This will prevent players in the starting zone from interacting with those with an active subscription in order to trade, port or get summoned to paid content. This is currently being used on neutral pandaren in their starting zone.

Final thoughts, Activision/Blizzard is about making money, everyone's feelings come second or third.

Rule 1. Make money for themselves and investors.
[Sell you stuff you don't need and get new/old players to subscribe.]
Rule 2. Make you like what they want.
[You see flashy new content, they see better control of how you play the game.]
Rule 3. If they can give the players something they want and it doesn't cost them 'much' they'll do it.
[Reskins anyone.]

You deserved that one :p but what level will my 10 be squished to?!
I expect that 10 will BE the Base Level for squishing. I feel this way based off of how they're going about it. NEW Characters get their own Zone until Level 10. 10-50 (currently up to 119, and Allied Races which start AT 10) gain a Quest to talk to Chromie in their Capital City and are allowed (yes even Level 10) to Quest, scaled, in ANY Expansion prior to BFA. NEW Characters that reach Level 10 will be forced to Level with BFA it seems.

The bigger question is, will the XPOff NPC's be removed after Shadowlands goes live. If not, then once you re-Level to whatever you Twinked at now, just relock XP and have a whole new (PvE) experience to enjoy and mountains of Gearing choices from all those Expansions. Of course Blizz will normalize all the Gear based off Level but that doesn't mean it won't be fun running with some of the more unique items from WoW's past on a low Level Twink vs the fairly "Vanilla" options we have now.

It should also open up a new race for low Level Achievement hunters. I'm both excited and horrified about taking even ONE LvL 10 Twink through as many as 8 Expansions to do all those Quests and farm all that Reputation for all those unique items. This possibility is the only thing that could bring me back to the dumpster fire that is Retail.

I expect that 10 will BE the Base Level for squishing. I feel this way based off of how they're going about it. NEW Characters get their own Zone until Level 10. 10-50 (currently up to 119, and Allied Races which start AT 10) gain a Quest to talk to Chromie in their Capital City and are allowed (yes even Level 10) to Quest, scaled, in ANY Expansion prior to BFA. NEW Characters that reach Level 10 will be forced to Level with BFA it seems.

The bigger question is, will the XPOff NPC's be removed after Shadowlands goes live. If not, then once you re-Level to whatever you Twinked at now, just relock XP and have a whole new (PvE) experience to enjoy and mountains of Gearing choices from all those Expansions. Of course Blizz will normalize all the Gear based off Level but that doesn't mean it won't be fun running with some of the more unique items from WoW's past on a low Level Twink vs the fairly "Vanilla" options we have now.

It should also open up a new race for low Level Achievement hunters. I'm both excited and horrified about taking even ONE LvL 10 Twink through as many as 8 Expansions to do all those Quests and farm all that Reputation for all those unique items. This possibility is the only thing that could bring me back to the dumpster fire that is Retail.

If it did happen this way - I will be like,
tumblr_pk7f5gBRDC1rf9k3oo1_250.gif

My predictions:

1) There will be a stat squish, even though they say it won't happen, (didn't want to make the crowd mad). It happens every expansion, so that the new x-pac seems more powerful. Also they won't allow leveling from 10-50 in every x-pac to include BFA without the stat squish. Because everyone would only level in BFA for highest stat gear.

2) FTP and/or Veteran accounts will be locked to Exile's Reach. This will allow the developers to control the population so no other "unintended gameplay" occurs. It will also separate those players from "quality of life" content, i.e. mount, profession, trainers. It will also encourage players to have active subscriptions in order to partake in the new content.

3) While on Exile's reach, players will be "isolated" from their faction, i.e. their faction symbol on the character selection screen will be greyed out. Once they have completed the starter quest chain and reunited with their faction the faction symbol with colorize. This will prevent players in the starting zone from interacting with those with an active subscription in order to trade, port or get summoned to paid content. This is currently being used on neutral pandaren in their starting zone.

Final thoughts, Activision/Blizzard is about making money, everyone's feelings come second or third.

Rule 1. Make money for themselves and investors.
[Sell you stuff you don't need and get new/old players to subscribe.]
Rule 2. Make you like what they want.
[You see flashy new content, they see better control of how you play the game.]
Rule 3. If they can give the players something they want and it doesn't cost them 'much' they'll do it.
[Reskins anyone.]

blizz has had F2P since mid 2011, with pretty much no changes, enabling access to whatever is considered base game. while changes in the game like no longer allowing level levels to loot tag high level mobs affected F2P the changes were made not because of F2P.

F2P actually helps blizz fill low level areas and dungeons, with some additional players. F2P has not affected their stock price, blizz ATVI is not stupid, if so, the 10 day time leash would have been brought back

imo, blizz has not touched F2P going on 9 years, yeah changes could come, anything is subject to change. Vet20's (which i have also) being honest, imo we abuse their system...which they allow, more than any twink in game after they stopped the 110 azerite BFA capped twink dealio

Reactions: LZ
yup. I maintain the position that vets not banking XP is an oversight.

might be something to this; i had 2 of my 20s with xp locked, and when i requested them to be unlcked, two seperate gms were trying to warn me about the dangers of banked xp.

blizzard should clearly be hiring twinks for game admin positions, we do the most digging into their sloppy patch codes.

Users who are viewing this thread