[Serious] Legion class changes and further discussion

So it's confirmed that low levels get a stat template. Meaning your stats come from your spec and not your gear.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/671499968079785984

Q. Will the PvP gear stat template be available for lower levels? Or will our gear in PvP be the PvE stats at lower levels?

Blizz - The PvP stat templates will apply at lower levels (and scale accordingly).

Q. Will iLvL have any impact on lower level PvP, or will the scaling take care of any difference in stats?

Blizz - Scaling at lower levels will occur in a similar manner to max level.

^ Means that max ilvl gear will be BIS. Kor'kron dark shaman armor (8 pieces of ilvl 500) and bottled tornado (ilvl 400) will be OP.

except the pvp system will be 100 only, so gear may matter for low lvs.

Can anyone confirm the damage percentage, 30 seconds at 200000% sounds (obviously) too good to be true.

Also I'm gutted by Shaman changes, no wind shear or purges at 20. Resto's becoming increasingly spartan. Down to 3/4 useful buttons near enough...I don't mind the idea of healers becoming pure healers but rather takes away the added utility or usefulness a resto shaman can provide, especially arena wise.
I'm pretty sure it's a typo just like Ray of frost for frost mage... It deals 7000% spellpower over 20 seconds.. which is abit much

I'm pretty sure it's a typo just like Ray of frost for frost mage... It deals 7000% spellpower over 20 seconds.. which is abit much

I actually hadn't mentally done the number check on Ray of Frost to see if it seemed in the ball park, but doing ~14000 damage over 20 seconds certainly doesn't seem like it will actually be implemented in that form.

Then again, this is blizzard...

except the pvp system will be 100 only, so gear may matter for low lvs.

Nope. Actually read this twitter link.
https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/671499968079785984

" The PvP stat templates will apply at lower levels (and scale accordingly). "

The only part that is strictly lvl 110 is the pvp talents.

Now check out these pvp levelling gear sets from beta,

Items - WowDB - Warlords of Draenor

Looking at these items, it seems it's broken into 8? levelling brackets. The first 2 brackets are;

Classic lvl 1-45. ilvl 45 (75 pvp). Presumably the BG bracket would be 10-45.

Classic lvl 46-60. ilvl 62 (92 pvp).

Last edited by a moderator:
Now check out these pvp levelling gear sets from beta,

Items - WowDB - Warlords of Draenor

Looking at these items, it seems it's broken into 8? levelling brackets. The first 2 brackets are;

Classic lvl 1-45. ilvl 45 (75 pvp). Presumably the BG bracket would be 10-45.

Classic lvl 46-60. ilvl 62 (92 pvp).

I think a 10-45 bracket is unlikely. To me it looks more like they are trying to avoid a linear increase in stats from 10-109. Now this makes room for several interpretations assuming the brackets stay the same:

1. Gear scales according to your level meaning lvl 45s will have pvp gear iLvl 75. We might be around 40~?

2. Everyone's gear scales to 75 and the only difference between the brackets will be the amount of spells.

3. ? (cant think of more right now)

EDIT: Now that I think about it: 45 is a weird number to stop the scaling. Why not 49 to match the bracket?

Also notice how there is not for every item slot a piece of gear available on 1-45. I dont know what that means... Maybe they just did not bother to add the missing ones yet?

I think a 10-45 bracket is unlikely. To me it looks more like they are trying to avoid a linear increase in stats from 10-109. Now this makes room for several interpretations assuming the brackets stay the same:

1. Gear scales according to your level meaning lvl 45s will have pvp gear iLvl 75. We might be around 40~?

2. Everyone's gear scales to 75 and the only difference between the brackets will be the amount of spells.

3. ? (cant think of more right now)

EDIT: Now that I think about it: 45 is a weird number to stop the scaling. Why not 49 to match the bracket?

Also notice how there is not for every item slot a piece of gear available on 1-45. I dont know what that means... Maybe they just did not bother to add the missing ones yet?

I think that there has been a scaling to prevent low level items such as shadowfang to prevent is use at a higher level, so it does not scale anymore than ilv 45. So for a level 50 it would be a bad item. And the bracket will stay as it is* at the moment.

I think that there has been a scaling to prevent low level items such as shadowfang to prevent is use at a higher level, so it does not scale anymore than ilv 45. So for a level 50 it would be a bad item. And the bracket will stay as it is* at the moment.

With these pvp items being somewhere in the data files, i think it points at the following:
The gear you wear outside of instanced pvp battles doesnt even show in such. Instead everyone will automatically be wearing this pvp gear and it will be the same for everyone. So no SF or anything in there that could screw with the balance.
The reason for these different sets from 1-45, 46-60 etc. could be that with the increase in spells your burst potential could outweigh the scaling and make fights a lot faster than they intend them to be. Another explanation could be, that because pve gear deviates more and more from expansion to expansion from the expected linear stat increase from 1-max level, they wanted to include this deviation in the pvp gear.
Now as I said, the lack in available items for 1-45, according to the list on mmo-champion, could either hint at the fact that we might get a say in a few item slots and possibly equip SF and such, or it means that they will add the respective pvp gear in the future.

Every man for himself now only works on stuns and cause a 30 sec cd on trinkets

Users who are viewing this thread