[Serious] Legion class changes and further discussion

They weren't great healers still.
Ofc they were. When "great" means raw Output in a bracket dominated by Hunters (and less likely Rogues). Since back then there were no looms Healing felt kinda even.
Problem was the low range of Denounce so you couldnt kill hunters and Rogues could restealth but Paladins had (Poison)Dispel so the own Hunters were happy to have a Holydin.
back2topic and plx no "generalizations"

They weren't great healers still.

Define great.
cata was only time i enjoyed play holy at 20. exo was fun, mana was balanced.
healing overall was more challenging as h pala.

So it's confirmed that low levels get a stat template. Meaning your stats come from your spec and not your gear.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/671499968079785984

Q. Will the PvP gear stat template be available for lower levels? Or will our gear in PvP be the PvE stats at lower levels?

Blizz - The PvP stat templates will apply at lower levels (and scale accordingly).

Q. Will iLvL have any impact on lower level PvP, or will the scaling take care of any difference in stats?

Blizz - Scaling at lower levels will occur in a similar manner to max level.

^ Means that max ilvl gear will be BIS. Kor'kron dark shaman armor (8 pieces of ilvl 500) and bottled tornado (ilvl 400) will be OP.

<3

So the iLvl your gear has determines your dmg and heal output? And the stats and enchants(!) on your gear dont matter at all? Meaning Lfh (iLvl 40) > loom head (iLvl 34)?

Last edited by a moderator:
it would mean that items like Bottled Tornado - Item - World of Warcraft would be BiS which is rather stupid

Yeah sloppy mistakes, like this not having a level req, just dont always show immediately...
But its nothing new.. right now this is max dmg Imbued Pioneer Belt - Item - World of Warcraft and it only has 1 agi which is kinda stupid as well. But I imagine bottled tornado to push your output through the roof - not even thinking about korkron dark shaman set...

Yeah sloppy mistakes, like this not having a level req, just dont always show immediately...
But its nothing new.. right now this is max dmg Imbued Pioneer Belt - Item - World of Warcraft and it only has 1 agi which is kinda stupid as well. But I imagine bottled tornado to push your output through the roof - not even thinking about korkron dark shaman set...

That belt scales to 10 agility which is equivalent to an 'of agility' belt at level 29. I don't see much wrong with it, but an ilevel 400 trinket would be a drastic amount of damage if every 5 ilevels is 1% extra damage

The lvl 70 grey quality sword in Wotlk that low level twinks used to one shot people :)

NEW Stoneclaw Totem: Summons an Earth Totem with (100 * Total health / 100) health at the feet of the caster for 30 sec. When the caster is struck by a melee attack within 30 yards of the totem, the totem Taunts the attacker. Any enemy that attacks the Stoneclaw Totem takes $202242% increased damage from the caster for 30 sec

Can anyone confirm the damage percentage, 30 seconds at 200000% sounds (obviously) too good to be true.

Also I'm gutted by Shaman changes, no wind shear or purges at 20. Resto's becoming increasingly spartan. Down to 3/4 useful buttons near enough...I don't mind the idea of healers becoming pure healers but rather takes away the added utility or usefulness a resto shaman can provide, especially arena wise.

Can anyone confirm the damage percentage, 30 seconds at 200000% sounds (obviously) too good to be true.

Also I'm gutted by Shaman changes, no wind shear or purges at 20. Resto's becoming increasingly spartan. Down to 3/4 useful buttons near enough...I don't mind the idea of healers becoming pure healers but rather takes away the added utility or usefulness a resto shaman can provide, especially arena wise.

Don't count Resto out just yet. I don't think they're nearly done with low level spell changes. They've hinted that Rsham is going to have an interesting way to do DPS other than just Lightning Bolt.

Don't count Resto out just yet. I don't think they're nearly done with low level spell changes. They've hinted that Rsham is going to have an interesting way to do DPS other than just Lightning Bolt.

but, what about the return of Bop the druid!

Users who are viewing this thread