Sea Turtle in Cat Zones

I would like to coordinate a time where everyone on AP who has a turtle can get together for a huge group shot!

Wow, a lot of people are getting that turtle! Gratz to all of you! I would probably be trying for it right now if the computer I play on hadn't crashed once again :S

Yeah, mine crashes all the time with Cat content. Even that new town in Stranglethorn makes it crash. If your PC keeps crashing when you log in, just open a ticket and ask to be moved back to somewhere where it doesn't crash. All my tickets about that were answered within ten minutes. Just think of it as an added challenge to getting the turtle.

Ah, but my computer crashes because it's old and abused >.< It shuts off during start up, but thanks for the advice.

Good luck to everyone still trying to get a turtle
<

Yeah, mine crashes all the time with Cat content. Even that new town in Stranglethorn makes it crash. If your PC keeps crashing when you log in, just open a ticket and ask to be moved back to somewhere where it doesn't crash. All my tickets about that were answered within ten minutes. Just think of it as an added challenge to getting the turtle.

There is a fix for that particular problem. I don't have the wherewithal to find the Blue Post about it, but basically, you have to dupe your computer into downloading the 4G of Cata datafiles that it is missing.

You have to go into your WoW folders under World of Warcraft\WTF\config.wtf and open this file in Notepad. There's a line that says "SetAccountType = BC". You change BC to CT and save the document.

Then--and this is the important part--you open the Blizzard Launcher and DO NOT LOG IN. As soon as you log in, it will change your account type back to BC (burning crusade) and you have to start over. Instead, just sit tight and let it download the 4G of client-side Cataclysm content that you're missing. You might want to set this to run while you're doing other things or sleeping, because you -cannot log in- during this or it will stop.

Once all the content is DL'ed, you can log in as normal. It will change your account type back to BC automatically, but the data files that you were missing (which was causing you to crash when they were called by the system) will remain in place, and no more crashes!

Approx 250 casts on AP and about 500 on Blade's Edge before I rerolled

Congrats everyone!

moarturtlez.png

Congrats shft on the turtle finally, yey. This screen shot is actually amazing haha.Turtle mafia! Kincaide, huge group shot sounds great, i'll be there for sure when the time is figured out. So many people are getting theirs now, it's going to be epic.

Totally doing that today, im sick of going places just to see random green and white checkered squares because I don't have the textures

Edit: and yes Rad, it is going to be rad. /wink I <3 puns.

There is a fix for that particular problem. I don't have the wherewithal to find the Blue Post about it, but basically, you have to dupe your computer into downloading the 4G of Cata datafiles that it is missing.

You have to go into your WoW folders under World of Warcraft\WTF\config.wtf and open this file in Notepad. There's a line that says "SetAccountType = BC". You change BC to CT and save the document.

Then--and this is the important part--you open the Blizzard Launcher and DO NOT LOG IN. As soon as you log in, it will change your account type back to BC (burning crusade) and you have to start over. Instead, just sit tight and let it download the 4G of client-side Cataclysm content that you're missing. You might want to set this to run while you're doing other things or sleeping, because you -cannot log in- during this or it will stop.

Once all the content is DL'ed, you can log in as normal. It will change your account type back to BC automatically, but the data files that you were missing (which was causing you to crash when they were called by the system) will remain in place, and no more crashes!

I have downloaded the entire Cat content. That problem DCs you from the server, not gives you a BSoD, which is what I get with Cat content. The problem is an incompatibility with my graphics card. I have no intention of buying a new PC or GFX card just so WoW might work without crashing. Ret is just plain broken at 85. The pre Cat patch killed it, and I stopped enjoying this game. I also stopped paying for it, and used all my gold to buy game time, in the hope it might improve. It never did. I came back a couple months ago for F2P, just to give Verigan's Fist a run, for nostalgia's sake, and found 20s to be enjoyable. I'm still here.

Totally doing that today, im sick of going places just to see random green and white checkered squares because I don't have the textures

Edit: and yes Rad, it is going to be rad. /wink I <3 puns.

Yes, with that you can simply download the new content. It's a pretty simple fix really and doesn't DC you or make your PC crash. I found that myself in a number of places.

The fix, is to simply edit Config.wtf and change the line:

SET accounttype "BC"

From BC to CT and then just let the launcher download the extra data.

Congrats shft on the turtle finally, yey. This screen shot is actually amazing haha.Turtle mafia! Kincaide, huge group shot sounds great, i'll be there for sure when the time is figured out. So many people are getting theirs now, it's going to be epic.

Absolutely. We are fast approaching a point where everyone will have their turtle. That was the purpose of the registry on the first page, to prove it's possible, and to encourage others to try for it. The AP paladin that wanted to remain anonymous was afraid it might be some kind of ePeen, bragging thing, but I think the cross factional good will of fishermen here has proven otherwise. If anyone wants to talk to them and get them in the SS or explain the purpose of the registry to them, I'd be happy to add them back in.

Anyway, obviously this is very doable for F2P. A lot of people were sceptical in the beginning, but I hope not now. I hope to see more of us riding turtles in a BG soon.
<

Echo?

Actually the lack-of-CT-content used to make me disconnect from WoW altogether, and it's still happening to people (Rhaellia got stuck in Uldum earlier in the week). I got to the point where I could not stand the Cata login music because I heard it so often when I would get disconnected 20+ times in a row.

As I was looking up the information to post the fix above, I did come across another bug that involved the computer actually crashing, and there was another change to config.wtf that would fix it too, Aradiel, so you might want to look into that.

I opened support tickets and they seem to think it's my graphics card and drivers. I'm not alone in this problem. I've seen a number of people with identical issues. I know Blizz will never fix it because to them, I am the problem. Old content is fine. New content makes my PC crash. My detail is set as low as possible, which was one possible solution, but in the end it just comes down to Blizz not caring about a small percentage of their subscribers' issues with graphics compatibility.

Anyway, back to fishing.

Did I mention this is infact a tortoise, and not a turtle? Sea turtles have flippers, not stumpy land based elephant (elekk) like legs and feet.

I would first like to say, sorry to anyone who has been fishing for days only to get nothing. I've been there and it sucks. Just an empty loot window every time taunting you. Just keep trying, I gave up and only after Kin got one and told me not give up did I actually fish mine up the next day (granted, I spent all day fishing). So keep at it! And if it seems like I'm 'showing it off' its because I have turtle-vision right now. All the fishing and the waiting just snapped my brain like a little twig. The cheese has fallen off my cracker folks and I'm completely fine with it! The spectral turtle psychiatrist standing next to me, tells me I'll be fine as long as I keep riding my turtle :D

Now I just need a companion that fits. Where's Speey when you need 'em? D: In the orphanage being poked by little brats, that's where D< They keep him in something called a 'turtle box' ;___; One of these days, under the guise of Children's Week, I shall steal you away Speedy to be free with meeeeeee :D Little orphan Annie will just have to go play with Scooter the Snail or Whiskers the Rat or Mr. Wiggles (but not for long, cause I'll be coming for him too!). [/lol]

Users who are viewing this thread