RIP <druhgy and friends> sad sad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was his gold I don’t see the what the big deal is other than not giving you guys some kind of warning. That’s where the immature part comes into play.
If he is the only one that left just reform the guild under the same name. What’s the big deal? All he served to do is blacklist himself from the rest of the community by doing this.

This is what I suggested.
This was kind of was an unnecessary thread.
All we had to do was bump the original guild recruit thread and say that we are no longer funding. Even be honesty maybe; because neon left.

Neon provided us with gold, but honestly for me; my experience, he didn’t as much and it’s because I didn’t need it.
I also helped out by doing enchant glitches for guildies and drughgy did most of the funding. Neon just provided the gold.
We all vibed really well in discord.
And most guildies even put in their work. By either helping to farm mats or helping to farm epics or just something as simple as helping run dungeons. It was a genuine nice community. I don’t think neon was the glue factor to our community. Yes i think he helped give pick up momentum, and I’m grateful but I think now people know what are guild is about and we don’t desperately need neons gold.

From reading this thread, seams like it sucks on both sides. Hope everything gets cleared up when neon comes back.

If he does, hope @Neon will see a food therapist with that diet thread of his. Eating just fast food, really isn’t the best way to diet.

Neon is just a big, fat dumdum.

From what I see, he's been looking at funding all wrong.
When you're giving players financial help, you are giving them an incentive to play and an opportunity to participate in something they otherwise, may not get involved in. (in this case, veteran twinking)
You aren't just giving them gear/enchants.

He could have used this guild to launch veteran twinking into wargames...successfully. You guys had the numbers, it could have been a sure thing. And once those numbers are accumulated and noticed, the buzz will draw in an even larger audience, thus resulting in potentially higher activity levels for the bracket. This is what happened with the 59s bracket.

I dont think Neon was sick of "funding" players. I believe there was an alternate reason as to why he disbanded the guild. Either way, he just threw away the very little amount of credibility & respect he had within the twink community.

Neon is just a big, fat dumdum.

From what I see, he's been looking at funding all wrong.
When you're giving players financial help, you are giving them an incentive to play and an opportunity to participate in something they otherwise, may not get involved in. (in this case, veteran twinking)
You aren't just giving them gear/enchants.

He could have used this guild to launch veteran twinking into wargames...successfully. You guys had the numbers, it could have been a sure thing. And once those numbers are accumulated and noticed, the buzz will draw in an even larger audience, thus resulting in potentially higher activity levels for the bracket. This is what happened with the 59s bracket.

I dont think Neon was sick of "funding" players. I believe there was an alternate reason as to why he disbanded the guild. Either way, he just threw away the very little amount of credibility & respect he had within the twink community.

Opportunity is still there to reform and start wargames. Shit move by neon, but that wont just kill off any hope of competitive activity.

With classic inc I'm curious to see how long this lasts, cant imagine things will be very active after release/first month .

Edit: are 59s still active? Curious just bc if so, that's one hell of a run the bracket has had @jwl

Last edited:
I agree with @jwl

This sort of funding is to attract people to your server and guild from their main’s server in the hope of building a community. Yeah some of the people that come are ungrateful shitheads that take advantage and don’t give back to the guild. That comes with the territory though. This sort of funding should be looked at like enlistment bonuses in the military rather than charity. Too bad you can’t throw them in the brig for going AWOL..

That's why I'm setting a restriction on all future funding opportunities I host.
Too many people have dropped guild after serviced, been caught selling items that I've provided, etc.
Not hearing a thank you is pretty disrespectful as well, especially if you're providing extremely sought after BOEs

Opportunity is still there to reform and start wargames. Shit move by neon, but that wont just kill off any hope of competitive activity.

Yup. Not sure there's anything to be gained by spending two days litigating Neons actions. That he ended up being unreliable comes as a shock to absolutely noone.

What's the status on reforming? Yall got an ETA?

<hks in my cup> new guild name, pull up
On god yuhhhhh
[doublepost=1564420589,1564420487][/doublepost]
Yup. Not sure there's anything to be gained by spending two days litigating Neons actions. That he ended up being unreliable comes as a shock to absolutely noone.

What's the status on reforming? Yall got an ETA?
Yeah we remade guild last night. Just trying to get everyone a one day game time to join most likely.

About Neon's funding, I don't think he funded that many people at all. Maybe a few thousand gold here and there. Much of the gold was spent on his own toons. Again, it's his money, he can do what he wants with it. But before we jump on the "he spent his own resources, we should respect that he doesn't want to do that anymore" train, understand that there were numerous contributions to the guild from *everybody*.

As far as "fully funded" goes, I think I'm one of the only players he actually funded. He saw me and Oldspike playing BGs again, and he was impressed with my Boomkin. He offered to fund my character in his guild if I was interested. My condition for making the character was entirely contingent on having nearly everything paid for (outside of epics), and that was what happened. Anyone else he assisted with was only partial funding. Maybe an enchant here or there.

That's why it's somewhat surprising and insulting to me that he says he was tired of "funding noobs." He wasn't funding anyone really except myself, and if he thought I was a noob he didn't have to ask me to join the guild!

I agree with @jwl

This sort of funding is to attract people to your server and guild from their main’s server in the hope of building a community. Yeah some of the people that come are ungrateful shitheads that take advantage and don’t give back to the guild. That comes with the territory though. This sort of funding should be looked at like enlistment bonuses in the military rather than charity. Too bad you can’t throw them in the brig for going AWOL..

Nowadays it is super easy to be self sufficient and not dependent on others for charity. Even when rolling on a brand new server.
One of the easiest is to sell a pet.

/cheers

If it was his gold I don’t see the what the big deal is other than not giving you guys some kind of warning. That’s where the immature part comes into play.
If he is the only one that left just reform the guild under the same name. What’s the big deal? All he served to do is blacklist himself from the rest of the community by doing this. You all have had several people jump up and offer to help. Hell, I may even help if the guild actually forms back up and retail Twinking continues to be strong in 60-90-120 days. It just really is tough to predict with Classic around the corner.

/cheers
[doublepost=1564403873,1564403347][/doublepost]

I bet he got tired of funding people with and people not appreciating it. That’s my guess.
People tend to be very unappreciative when someone gives them something. Especially when someone else has gotten it too. They tend to feel they are “owed” it even though they have done nothing for it.
Think of like this. When giving out gold for example.
Person A gets 2,000 gold says thanks!. Person B gets 2,000 gold. Says nothing. Person C Gets 1,700 gold. Says where’s my other 300 gold?
It gets old after a while. Trust me, I know. It gets to where it just isn’t even worth the trouble to help people out.
Ever heard of the phrase “Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth”? Sometimes I don’t think a lot of people that play WoW have.

That’s still no excuse for breaking the guild up. At the very least he could have passed the torch to someone else. I suppose that isn’t his style though.

/cheers
The only
Thing he did was spend his savings on gold and Burger King. He spent most of it on himself. Everyone else pitched in. We had so much gear in the bank. And most of our guild was very grateful towards neon. So no.. no one was selfish. He just went fucking crazy. Don’t speak what you don’t know please.

Not hearing a thank you is pretty disrespectful as well, especially if you're providing extremely sought after BOEs

Agreed.

Nowadays it is super easy to be self sufficient and not dependent on others for charity. Even when rolling on a brand new server.
One of the easiest is to sell a pet.

Also agreed. This also reinforces my point though that funding is also to benefit the funder (attract folks to the guild community you want to build) as well as the fundee. Are you going to get some unscrupulous asshats that take, take, take, never show any appreciation and then drop guild or don’t participate much.. sure. If he was truly just tired of funding then just say ‘hey, I did my part kickstarting this thing.. it’s now time for everybody to pull their weight’ then stop funding. Rather than be a douchebag.

The only
Thing he did was spend his savings on gold and Burger King. He spent most of it on himself. Everyone else pitched in. We had so much gear in the bank. And most of our guild was very grateful towards neon. So no.. no one was selfish. He just went fucking crazy. Don’t speak what you don’t know please.

I didn’t state anyone in the guild was selfish my friend. You seem to be projecting.
I simply based my statement on observations of the human condition of both in and out of game.

/cheers
[doublepost=1564442516,1564441433][/doublepost]
Agreed.

Also agreed. This also reinforces my point though that funding is also to benefit the funder (attract folks to the guild community you want to build) as well as the fundee. Are you going to get some unscrupulous asshats that take, take, take, never show any appreciation and then drop guild or don’t participate much.. sure. If he was truly just tired of funding then just say ‘hey, I did my part kickstarting this thing.. it’s now time for everybody to pull their weight’ then stop funding. Rather than be a douchebag.

You are correct. It benefits both parties. One more than the other it seems.
Some people are begging to be in the ‘spotlight’ and perhaps that is the main reason they openly state give to charity. (Not stating that is the case here)
A great example of this is when the Notre Dame cathedral burned. A lot of famous French billionaire families were one upping themselves publicly pledging to donate tens of millions of dollars for restoration.
Guess where most of the money has come from??? Anonymous American citizens...

/cheers

Bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread