Rerolling a character over and over for sockets

socket is really weak for hpal because you get 2int/2haste or 2int/2vers, that's it.

so if something offered 5 speed (on PTR), i would think that is better than a socket.

My opinion for BiS maces (don't play hpally but what I've seen)
1. https://www.wowhead.com/item=2243/hand-of-edward-the-odd?fromClassic&bonus=6661
2. BoE with perfect stats and socket
3. BfA Rare with socket
4. https://www.wowhead.com/item=31304/the-essence-focuser?bonus=6659

3 and 4 might swap, depends which gives more total effective health/your play style.
[doublepost=1613672368,1613672292][/doublepost]
socket is really weak for hpal because you get 2int/2haste or 2int/2vers, that's it.

so if something offered 5 speed (on PTR), i would think that is better than a socket.
Or 6 stamina 4 armor.

inb4 stamina stacking is bad

6 stamina > 2 vers all day in terms of total health.

That's one of the apexis rares that were dropping ilvl 44 loot right at prepatch or launch, every one but the ilvl 44 staff rare has been fixed in some way. I dont think you can equip his drop even if you get it now, but not 100% on that.

it does. dropped for the 60 first run...never dropped again, about 50 runs now. i have the 2-h mace though.

ok can link some pictures of the 2-h mace and 2-h staff in a bit. you can look at the numbers and take an educated guess. cuz i don't know for sure myself.

hyOeXi8.jpg

From everything posted here it looks like the green BoE are your best bet, factoring all the variables and aggravation.

Ya prolly. Otherwise I'll never actually get inside a BG
[doublepost=1613674119,1613673651][/doublepost]
take an educated guess

So maybe +1 int and +1 secondary on the sword. The sword's base int is 19 on PTR so a warforge to 20 int would be cool. But if I don't care about speed / leech then farming up a socket green on a lvl 22 is probably better. Hpal is hard :<

my feeling so far is that the 60's gear level helps. all 216+ gears? 1 warforge every 2 drops. 187? 1 warforge every 5 drops.

i mean, most likely completely unrelated though.

Usually the epic upgrades will change 1 stat up 1 point, it's hard to predict which one. Could be main stat, usually isnt.

Things with large values (like haste procs) can go up a few points from ilvl 25 to 26.

1ikOotf.png

i prob end up going for speed instead of warforged+speed, not worth the effort.

c6aHxJ8.jpg

Last edited:

No.

Hear me out, you can just be a player that's good enough to properly position and move without needing the extra speed, and sockets are very strong on a healer bc sp should be your main priority.

For the record, this guy hasn't set foot in a single BG and is not a reliable source of information.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/blackwing-lair/glancealotoo/pvp
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/blackwing-lair/glancealoto/pvp

Please stop talking like you have experience, it drives me up the wall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah.... that was never accurate, it groups the apexis rares with normal rares... like I said, dont think normal WoD rares do anything but epic upgrade. That's literally hundreds of personal experiences over the last 3 expansions without disproof.

That ilvl 44 staff is NOT a normal WoD rare. Dungeons can proc tertiary and/or epic but both is usually super-rare, IME.

edit- when saying "normal WoD rares" I'm speaking of world rare drops and treasures, not including dungeon drops.

Last edited:
Yeah.... that was never accurate, it groups the apexis rares with normal rares... like I said, dont think normal WoD rares do anything but epic upgrade. That's literally hundreds of personal experiences over the last 3 expansions without disproof.

That ilvl 44 staff is NOT a normal WoD rare. Dungeons can proc tertiary and/or epic but both is usually super-rare, IME.

yup, have blue with tert, have epic with tert, and have epic without tert. (auchinoun drops)

Users who are viewing this thread