Religion & God

Time is a concept first of all, it's not a physical thing but something man created to keep track of daily occurrences and points in the past / future.

Are you talking about god now? Or cosmology? Religion generally tries to disprove the big bang theory, you can't claim that "god" created everything then go back and say it was the big bang theory... which is science that essentially disproves god.

Actually time is real, but not as easily observed as we may think it is. For example, relativity. And the fact that GPS systems are constantly having to correct themselves by nanoseconds after its signal is redirected back to the satellite. People just have a preconceived notion of it being a tool for daily routine, and it resembling the sunrise/sunset.

Want to know my real beliefs?
I think both science and religion are wrong.

I believe that there is a concept. A concept that we just cannot understand ... yet.
Something that may seem unimaginable. It cannot be described now because we don't know of this concept.

This concept will explain EVERYTHING and it will make more sense than any other theory or bible.
There are things we are still discovering as humans, that concept being the prime thing; It will let us know how we came to be, how the universe came to be.

No ones talking to you so don't be rude

Quite the opposite, I enjoy reading posts from someone who thinks before they post and was interested to find a word that was new to me.

Actually time is real, but not as easily observed as we may think it is. For example, relativity. And the fact that GPS systems are constantly having to correct themselves by nanoseconds after its signal is redirected back to the satellite. People just have a preconceived notion of it being a tool for daily routine, and it resembling the sunrise/sunset.

Time isn't something tangible that you can hold or look at, it's an idea conceived by people and how we measure it revolves around our environment. Not to say nothing continues, everything still goes on whether or not we count it with seconds / minutes / years as it always has and always will... but Lenny was saying "god" created time in a "timeless reality". That's why I said what I said

Time isn't something tangible that you can hold or look at, it's an idea conceived by people and how we measure it revolves around our environment. Not to say nothing continues, everything still goes on whether or not we count it with seconds / minutes / years as it always has and always will... but Lenny was saying "god" created time in a "timeless reality". That's why I said what I said

It is a real thing, though. (Edit: yeah it isn't tangible, I agree. Derpy me) I'm not speaking for our measurements of it (seconds/hours/etc), but time itself. The distortion in space around each individual mass. Just like gravity, and associated with it as well.

Imagine yourself on a trampoline, sitting in the center. The distortion in space-time from a planet's mass is resembled by that warped surface of the Trampoline around your body. An object closer to this distortion will age/weather less than an object further from this distortion, as time will go faster the closer you are to the center.

Now our earth, though very big and dense, has a very weak example, almost to the point where it would take thousands of years to observe. But near something with the density such as black hole (as dense as an entire star, if not multiple in a small compact space), and you were to get close enough to it without being spaggetified, and left after a while of Netflix and chill, you would come back to a home entirely different.

Now the movie interstellar was a good representation of this, but it went pretty Yolo in terms of theoretical accuracy at the very end, since the center of a black hole is supposedly timeless. Don't know about any 4th dimensional stuff.

Boy it's getting sciency in here.

Last edited:
It is a real thing, though. (Edit: yeah it isn't tangible, I agree. Derpy me) I'm not speaking for our measurements of it (seconds/hours/etc), but time itself. The distortion in space around each individual mass. Just like gravity, and associated with it as well.

Imagine yourself on a trampoline, sitting in the center. The distortion in space-time from a planet's mass is resembled by that warped surface of the Trampoline around your body. An object closer to this distortion will age/weather less than an object further from this distortion, as time will go faster the closer you are to the center.

Now our earth, though very big and dense, has a very weak example, almost to the point where it would take thousands of years to observe. But near something with the density such as black hole (as dense as an entire star, if not multiple in a small compact space), and you were to get close enough to it without being spaggetified, and left after a while of Netflix and chill, you would come back to a home entirely different.

Now the movie interstellar was a good representation of this, but it went pretty Yolo in terms of theoretical accuracy at the very end, since the center of a black hole is supposedly timeless. Don't know about any 4th dimensional stuff.

Boy it's getting sciency in here.

You're saying time changes based on the density of your surrounding's and your distance to / from? Wow I guess that's why it's tough keeping track of time talking to knuckle draggers on twinkinfo...

Get it? Not saying that about you in particular, Robo, just about the majority of people I find on here. Lol

I'm not familiar enough with physics to argue black holes and transdimensional etc. effect on space-time so I'll politely tip my hat to you, good day sir.

The world would be a much better place with out religion that is all i have too say on this matter.

Whenever the science vs religion debate comes up anywhere, there are always a ton of uninformed people with incomplete arguments going at each other.
I don't believe in any kind of god or higher power. But I'm not going to enter an argument about it because I personally think that you should explore a subject fully from both sides before going into any kind of active debate about it. That means knowing the arguments both for and against your personal viewpoint. I simply don't have such time or interest to invest in the science vs religion subject, partially because I find it pointless and silly.

But one thing I do want to point out is that religion can be undeniably bad when applied to the real world. I personally believe that our current world without religion would be better than our current world with religion.

Here is a video of a streamer called destiny who is talking about different subjects such as philosophy, perception/reality, religion and business. I for the most part agree with him on the subject of religion and I think he presents the subject in a good way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnZqDANlBi0

He starts talking about religion at 42:28 and continues to talk about it until the end of the video, 10 minutes total (despite stating that he is done talking about it multiple times).

Users who are viewing this thread