Rarest Item/ BoE you've seen out of a dungeon/ instance? (15-20)

Mindthrust dropped once, a 18 huntard needet it.

Does Dark Iron Leather count?

Wowhead says it is not supposed to even be in the game.

EDIT - the wowhead page got updated since I looked yesterday. Now it shows that it can drop off dark iron agents. Which is where I got it. Twice actually.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=5108/dark-iron-leather

I guess those 2 drops are me? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to get technical, then none of the BFD zone drops or chest spawns count, since they drop in 20-25 zones.

Just sayin'.

This does not exactly fit into the thread but it is peculiar enough to mention. I was unaware of its existence until I stumbled upon it falling down from an Old Town Rooftop, its an offhand book sold by Miles Sydney: Venomous Tome you can only read it when its equipped here is the advice it gives:

1. If you don't like the potency of a poison, double the ingredients or halve them.
2. If a poison doesn't work the way you want, you're always more wrong than you think you are.
3. Prototype, Prototype, Prototype (gnomes make great test subjects).
4. Poisons should be easy to start using, hard to stop using.
5. Simple ingredients work together to create interesting complexity.

Aww Blizzard love their metaphors, by far my favourite unexpected drop/find.

been farming bfd for a depressing amount of hours this week and i have seen alot of rare drops,

a full hulking mail set
axe of the enforcer
ring of precision
drakewing bands
gargoyles bite
prospectors axe
tree bark jacket
swiftness potion
agility potion
giant growth potion
demon bands
and a rare sword i cant recall the name off

giant growth potion

Is a zone drop exclusive to Northern and Southern Barrens, it can't drop in BFD.

This does not exactly fit into the thread but it is peculiar enough to mention. I was unaware of its existence until I stumbled upon it falling down from an Old Town Rooftop, its an offhand book sold by Miles Sydney: Venomous Tome you can only read it when its equipped here is the advice it gives:

Aww Blizzard love their metaphors, by far my favourite unexpected drop/find.

Have known about it since mid-cata, got some pretty good lulz out of it from people saying I'm shit for using it in BGs but oh well I had my fun ;)

Idk how rare these zone drops are but I got Staff of the Friar last week on my new druid (not bis after BoA of course, but will be nice to have the transmog) and Tree Bark Jacket on my shammy. Tyvm rng (....but all the same I'd rather have LFH :( ).

i got prospectors axe back in cata on my ret, used it as a mog for ultimate swagpoints.

Users who are viewing this thread