Questions & Answers

are walking boots GFed or still obtainable?

Most likely grandfathered. There haven't been any confirmed drops in ages.

That being said, the mob that used to drop them is still there - and world mob-specific blue drops have seemed to be more likely to drop as of late.

If you do intend to farm them, don't put too much time into it.

There is some ally mage on mok'nathal who has been botting the mob kill for the past 4 years...still no boots.

Is it doable to solo King Gordok (Dire Maul North) or Balnazzar (Stratholme) on a f2p dk? I tried and kept failing.

I did King Gordok with my bro last year, 2 dks, and Balnazzar with like 4 dks, i gathered some guys and started running dungeons.

What rune, spec and rotation did you use?
F2P DKs don't really allow for complex choices, do they? It's frost spec and Rune of Razorice. Rotation, or rather priority, is simple too as far as I know: Howling Blast on cooldown, otherwise Frost Strike when available, otherwise Plague Strike.
i did it in MoP, but with 2 dks iirc, stratholme dunno, but i remenber soloing instructor galford many times.
I could handle Instructor Galford too, but Balnazzar seems to have some sort of enrage. If only a DK could heal himself.
I did King Gordok with my bro last year, 2 dks, and Balnazzar with like 4 dks, i gathered some guys and started running dungeons.
I thought so that it'd require more than 1 :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
F2P DKs don't really allow for complex choices, do they? It's frost spec and Rune of Razorice. Rotation, or rather priority, is simple too as far as I know: Howling Blast on cooldown, otherwise Frost Strike when available, otherwise Plague Strike.I could handle Instructor Galford too, but Balnazzar seems to have some sort of enrage. If only a DK could heal himself.I thought so that it'd require more than 1 :-(

Rune of Cinderglacier
Check out my guide, it's outdated a bit but still good.

Can someone explain why I can't use the title rewards from some of the raid achievements I have.

Hi Fat :D, I think it might have to do with the restrictions of the title for certain levels. For example with "kingslayer" your toon needs to be lvl 80 at least to use it. :(

So i hear that hoardies go silk cloth / mageweave farming in Tanaris (dunemaul ogres) as F2P. Any info would be helpful: especially easiest way to get there and which classes are strong enough to solo. TY

So one of my f2p character names just got released to a p2p. Has anyone else had this experience?

I was just on it yesterday. I wonder if they consider f2p accounts to be "active" or not? Kind of a bummer though. You get attached to names. I wasn't too thrilled to log in and see "xyz" at the end of my character's name.

So i hear that hoardies go silk cloth / mageweave farming in Tanaris (dunemaul ogres) as F2P. Any info would be helpful: especially easiest way to get there and which classes are strong enough to solo. TY

Easiest way to reach Tanaris is with the help of P2P with 2 seated flying mount.

2nd option is that you have any aquatic mount, sea turtle, Azure Water Strider and you ride along the coast from ratchet to Tanaris

the other way is by foot and get some Flight Point on the way. it won't be as hard as it sound.
you start you way from Mulgore's great gate to Southen Barrens, head to Dustwallow Marsh's Mudspocket, you probably less die 10 times in this part
there a safe path from Mudspocket to Thousand Needles.
once there, you swin your way to Tanaris.

those orges are like 48-49lvl, are you sure its ideal place to farm silk cloth/mageweave as f2p?:confused:
probably geared class with good 1.5 cast time heal, like Prot pala, Ret pala, Resto Shammy,
it would take like 2~3mins to down a mob.

there is a safer BUT extremely slow method, is to camp Silvermoon's NPC Andra. expect some competition.

i'm here to share "how to keep Nightmarish-Reins buff as F2P" if you are lucky enough to get the buff in BG.
it may have a 20mins duration(i believe its game time, not real time),
1st after you get the buff in a BG, you better exit that BG before the buff expire.
even after the buff expire, your mount will still be Nightmare Reins. and you zone in via Zep(horde) and probably Ship(alliance) or even "enter/exit" a BG(stay mounted before enter), the buff will refresh a new 20mins when you enter the bg.
the down side of this is you can't use other functional mount like Sea turtle, Traveler's Tundre Mammoth etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread