Questions & Answers

question for all you smart people out there:
I'm interested in teach myself programming...
where should I start?? like really -realllyyy- basic stuff :O

I'm going to assume you mean programmers and/or educators.

I taught myself C++ via open source linux applications and 1st edition Sams teach yourself books. Today, there are much better ways to get some basics programming skills.

I recommend that beginners start with a language like python or java. However, there are plenty of web resources for any language that you might be interested in.

Free Python Course
^^ This course looks good to me.

Why do you want to learn programming?

pick a programming language you want to learn;
for instance python is good to start with (I heard);
than search python tutorial on web

gl

found this link, seems quite useful at the 1st glance:
How to Learn a Programming Language: 24 Steps (with Pictures)
I'm going to assume you mean programmers and/or educators.

I taught myself C++ via open source linux applications and 1st edition Sams teach yourself books. Today, there are much better ways to get some basics programming skills.

I recommend that beginners start with a language like python or java. However, there are plenty of web resources for any language that you might be interested in.

Free Python Course
^^ This course looks good to me.

Why do you want to learn programming?

Thank you very much, both of you.. And [MENTION=19365]Tyramissoux[/MENTION] , for your kind (and fast!) answers.

I'm currently on my 5th semester of design and visual communication, I've always liked to learn new stuff and I think programming could be useful for me and for my career. I'm not sure to what extent. I'm gonna specialize in multimedia and audiovisual design, so I figured I'd want to know as much as possible about anything related to it.
I don't wanna just.. design something and hope to find someone to do it for me. I wanna be capable of understanding how it works, so I know what I can do and what I can not do on certain programs (and how I can solve it so it does what i want :) )
I want to be able to understand what the people who i'll probably be working with, say, since I'm not likely to do programming for a living.
Not sure if my writing is being chaotic, haha..
In conclusion:
- I want to learn more
- I want to understand
- It will probably help me be a better proffesional

Thank you very much, both of you.. And Tyramissoux , for your kind (and fast!) answers.

I'm currently on my 5th semester of design and visual communication, I've always liked to learn new stuff and I think programming could be useful for me and for my career. I'm not sure to what extent. I'm gonna specialize in multimedia and audiovisual design, so I figured I'd want to know as much as possible about anything related to it.
I don't wanna just.. design something and hope to find someone to do it for me. I wanna be capable of understanding how it works, so I know what I can do and what I can not do on certain programs (and how I can solve it so it does what i want :) )
I want to be able to understand what the people who i'll probably be working with, say, since I'm not likely to do programming for a living.
Not sure if my writing is being chaotic, haha..
In conclusion:
- I want to learn more
- I want to understand
- It will probably help me be a better proffesional

The python course seems ideal for this. To be more specific though, is there a particular application you are trying to design--something like Audacity, LMMS, WoW Addon, etc? Or perhaps a specific company that you are targeting for employment? If your target role is designer, and you will be working primarily with programmers, understanding scrum might be useful. If you want to design and create then python can get you there.

Anyways, just some stuff to think about, good luck.

Hi,
I have seen a lvl20 player riding Black Primal Raptor in WSG. Tooltip says Journeyman Riding skill and level 40 requirement. I would love to ride this mount :cool:, so I wanted to know how is this possible? Linked P2P?

Thank you.

the hit is useful for spell cap, i use eyepatch+sparkmetal+razor's and it works pretty well, but i see what ya mean.

13 is suffiecent with sword or mace as human or with mace as dwarf or just a draenei.

Hi,
I have seen a lvl20 player riding Black Primal Raptor in WSG. Tooltip says Journeyman Riding skill and level 40 requirement. I would love to ride this mount :cool:, so I wanted to know how is this possible? Linked P2P?

Thank you.

get it on ur p2p learn it and then use it on ur f2p.

Users who are viewing this thread